Serie A - Week 3 --- #$!* joke

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
wow, this is amazing ...
I didn't watch the game but can't believe it ...
It takes some time to digest this one

Azhidahak

Bench Warmer
May 30, 2005
It was obvious from the very first game that we would get screwed with Gasperini for sure. So I actually have to say that this is great result, now we will get rid of the idiot jerk stupid clown right away and save the season instead of getting bad results for half the season and THEN replacing him. Now he will go 100% and we Serie A has just started so we can bounce back QUICK!

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
It was obvious from the very first game that we would get screwed with Gasperini for sure. So I actually have to say that this is great result, now we will get rid of the idiot jerk stupid clown right away and save the season instead of getting bad results for half the season and THEN replacing him. Now he will go 100% and we Serie A has just started so we can bounce back QUICK!
exactly, thats what i told Arian, season is still young, Inter has tons of time and the good thing is AC and Roma are struggling either, i just dont think Napoli and Juventus got what it takes to win it all.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
This article was prior to this game :

So what's his problem, beside the obvious one of failing to win in four games? Well, many media "experts" suggest he's simply unequipped to handle a coaching role with a big club, and have questioned his tactics.

Gasperini, you see, likes to play a 3-4-3 lineup, with three defenders and a trident of attackers. But that's a problem at Inter, which has an aging back line that has trouble playing a threeman system that demands a lot of running. Then there's the Wesley Sneijder question. His preferred spot is right behind two strikers, where he can use his playmaking talents, but in the 3-4-3, he's one of the outside men up front, where playmaking opportunities are much fewer and he sees a lot less of the ball.

Inter owner Moratti, never shy about giving his coach tactical advice (one reason many of them quickly move on) was quick to criticize the formation. Gasperini was quick to take the hint after the loss to Palermo, abandoning the three-man defence in favour of a four-man unit, with a three-man midfield and three front-runners.

At least that bought him some time. "At the moment, I think it's a question of waiting, because the match tactics have been changed," Moratti said last week, but was quick to warn the coach not to revert to that three-man defence.

"Should the team play with a fourman defence? Yes."

The switch didn't win universal praise, with the Gazzetta dello Sport noting it simply exchanged problems.

"Messy, reckless, exposed and beaten 4-3 (using the 3-4-3 against Palermo)," its report read. "Ordered, immobile, lacking ideas and defeated 1-0 (with the 4-3-3 against Trabzonspor). Which one do you prefer? It's like choosing between a stomach ache and a headache."

For his part, Gasperini might be willing to jettison the three-man defence, but he is stubbornly insisting he will always use three men up front, even at the risk of turning Sneijder into a peripheral figure.

"We will always play with three attackers, at times maybe even more," he declared when his formation was questioned last week. "I will not change my mind after three games that went wrong. What do we need to do to win? Score one goal more than the opponents. That's it."

A simple formula, but one that has eluded Roma and Inter thus far.

Italian oddsmakers say Gasperini is 3-1 to get fired before Christmas. Some are offering short odds he won't make it into October.

Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/spor...poor+results/5422807/story.html#ixzz1YWzvewtK