Sevilla 11-1 vs. Barca 11+1

Messi

IPL Player
Mar 14, 2007
2-3

Really, I mean really? And then you guys say IPL is corrupt?
And you say this right after a season where Madrid were getting decisions much more contentious than any in today's game on a weekly basis? And please explain this conclusion you've arrived at:

-any thoughts on Medel's foul on Messi when Messi would have been in a clear goal scoring opportunity at the start of the match?
-any thoughts about the purely intentional handball by Maduro on Messi's pass to Pedro near the end when it was still 2-1 to Sevilla?
-was Thiago's handball in any shape or form intentional? How was the ref wrong to keep play going?

I mean I could understand if Sevilla fans were sad about this, but how can a guy supporting a team who won the league last season having benefited from some of the most atrocious refereeing decisions the game has ever seen last season? 2 wrongs don't make a right but please provide some explanations to the refereeing decisions in some of last seasons fixtures before complaining about Barcas, most notable: Rayo Vallecano vs Real Madrid, Mallorca vs Real Madrid (my personal favourite), Betis vs Real Madrid. Or just in case you don't remember those, would you care to post a video of Soldado's disallowed goal at the Bernabeu a little over a month ago? and many many more that I can't remember right now. I basically shut the fuck up last season when Real were getting those favoured every week last season, maybe others should do the same.

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
And you say this right after a season where Madrid were getting decisions much more contentious than any in today's game on a weekly basis? .
You are just adding to the weight of my arguement. I am a Madrid fan, no question. But I am not a person who thinks two wrongs make it right. These two teams are slautering others when it comes to refreeing. If Barca at Sevilla's homeground gets special treatments as we all witnessed tonight, what other team can have a bare chance left?

Messi

IPL Player
Mar 14, 2007
You are just adding to the weight of my arguement. I am a Madrid fan, no question. But I am not a person who thinks two wrongs make it right.
No not really, I didn't add any wieght to your argument, You are in a position to add weight to your own argument if you can answer these questions 3:
-any thoughts on Medel's foul on Messi when Messi would have been in a clear goal scoring opportunity at the start of the match?
-any thoughts about the purely intentional handball by Maduro on Messi's pass to Pedro near the end when it was still 2-1 to Sevilla?
-was Thiago's handball in any shape or form intentional? How was the ref wrong to keep play going?
Trust me, if you want to be objective and note down all the decisions going against Barca every week, you wouldn't even dream, of opening this thread. Watch this video at 4:55, this from just 2 weeks ago, scenes like this no longer surprise Barca fans.
[video=youtube;n9tIWLYBLs0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9tIWLYBLs0&feature=player_detailpage#t=281s[/video]

IPride

National Team Player
Oct 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
The Thiago handball should have been called.

The red card was a correct decision. Cesc acted but Football is a game of intelligence and Medel deserved the red card for being a dumb idiot. When your team is 2-1 ahead it makes absolutely no sense for you to give the ref any excuses to send you off - but instead he had to throw his head into Cesc's mouth which was exactly what Cesc was looking for.

The ref should have given Barca a penalty in the first half when Messi was blocked blatantly in the box when he was making a run for a ball.

BehzadB

Bench Warmer
Feb 18, 2006
Shooshtar
bad calls are part of the game, for and against all teams. the problem is that 'bad calls' in games involving Barca/Real or other big name clubs , it is always looked at as some sort of a conspirecy. the same bad calls are happening in pretty much every game, and no one seems to care.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
When I just won a league on the back of 3 clear handballs in my penalty area not given and 5 clear penalties not given to my closest rival, I would wait for at least a season to complain about a guy being sent off for being dumb and a handball that on first look is not clearly intentional and on 6th neither

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
How is it done is Spain these days? straight deposits into referees' bank accounts? wire transfer to referees' Swiss bank accounts? or do they do it the good old fashioned way that Sir Alex Ferguson does : brown envelope stuck in referee's back pocket in the stadium tunnel before the kick off?

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
When I just won a league on the back of 3 clear handballs in my penalty area not given and 5 clear penalties not given to my closest rival, I would wait for at least a season to complain about a guy being sent off for being dumb and a handball that on first look is not clearly intentional and on 6th neither
You know, sometimes I wonder you could have made a very good jew!