Shaking of the Steering Wheel - Help Please

Oct 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
hey guys...
ok so heres the problem

2001 Nissan Sentra... the wheels start shaking when going around 60-80 km... but NOT at high speeds...at 100 km its fine...
does anyone know what this could be?
anything serious? or just has to do with wheel allignment?

thanks in advance

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Finally said:
You need your tires balanced...
Wheel alignment is for when the car pulls to the right or left.
Not necessarily. Although a tire balance will fix the problem, a wheel alignment will prevent the tires from becoming unbalanced within a short while. Alignment is not only straightening the steering wheel. It's also balancing the weight on each wheel.

Oct 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
thanks a lot for the replies guys...

by the way i just realized in my original post i said the WHEELS start shaking... but i meant the steering wheel... if that makes any difference lol

Jan 26, 2005
It seems to me that if it is a tire balancing or wheel alignment problem, the faster you go, the worse the problem should get. In your case, when you are going faster, problem goes away.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
abe hoezi said:
It seems to me that if it is a tire balancing or wheel alignment problem, the faster you go, the worse the problem should get. In your case, when you are going faster, problem goes away.
No. that's exactly what happens when the tires become unbalanced. At certain speeds(usually around 80-100) the shake is much more noticable than say 120 or 140. Actually there's more shaking and lag when you're going slow(like 30-40) but it's so slow that you don't notice it.

derek

Ball Boy
Feb 19, 2005
canada
persian-parsa said:
highways are 100 km
normal streets vary from 50-70km
residential areas usually 40 km
driving here (in canada) is really hard for me, after being acostumed (wrongly of course) to the driving in iran for years and years. over there the smaller streets would also be 40km, but no one really cared. here the cops are very very tough.

also, about the highways, i just noticed some nights ago as i was going down dvp that its 90km south of 401. theres this big sign saying ZERO TOLLERANCE "90KM" "NO DRINKING".

i had a simillar problem a few month ago. the farmoon (what do u call farmoon in english?) kept shaking. one of my rings were totally screwed up. but be careful with some mechanics overcharging u. so im not so sure what ur problem could be, but that was my experiense.

Oct 18, 2002
here
www.apfn.org
one of the tires may be bad.
balance problem?
transaxle problem? (front wheel drives have a u-joint which I can not recall but has a big rubber boot covering it, if the boot tears up and sand and dirt gets in , it will mess up the gears and the grease wont stay.)
but I think it is a bad tire..sometimes cant tell by looking...

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
persian-parsa said:
highways are 100 km
normal streets vary from 50-70km
residential areas usually 40 km
Its about the same here... I just got a new car so im a bit excited to push its limits... But I have to wait until it hits 1200 miles before i go fast at all according to the dealer... Man I wished I lived in europe... :p