Shapour Bakhtiar on Iran Iraq war

Feb 22, 2005
Bakhtiar was an extremely intelligent man whose lost was a big diseaster for Iran. If he remained alive, he would have been the best force against the Islamic republic as he broke rank with the nationalists and joined Shah in order to stop the Islamists from taking over. It is sort of the same as why Obama became president, breaking rank to vote against the war.

I think his death had more murders than just Iran involved. No doubt, Islamic republic is an advantage for many countries and they all saw Bakhtiar as a threat. After his death, they did not persuade and at the end freed his one person they had arrested.

War was caused by Khominie for interfering in Iraq's affair and making his goal the destruction of Iraqi government. He used the war and a milllion killed in order to take absolute power. SOB him and all the SOB regime supporters who are responsible for so many deaths.

May 12, 2007
He did not have succes. If he told you those Things before rev that would be greate. He didn't know either.
I enjoyed the music

May 9, 2004
این شاهپور بختیار خائن که رفت عراق در زمان جنگ و طرفداری صدام و همه نقشه ها را او واویسی برای صدام بردند
نه تنها خائن است بلکه الان معلوم شد دروغ گو هم هست
اخه تا وقتی که صدام قبل از جنگ قرار داد را جلوی دوربین های رسانه های جهان پاره نکرده بود که قرارداد قانونی بود نه خمینی و نه کسی دیگری اصلا در مورد قرارداد حرفی نزده بود
این صدام بود که قرارداد الجزایر را جلوی دوربین ها تلویزیون پاره کرد و گفت از امروز این قرارداد به رسمیت شناخته نخواهد شد
شاپور بختیار دروغ میگوید
و از خائن دروغ بعید نیست
اگر دوست داشتید مصاحبه وزیر دربار صدام را برایتان پست کنم با ترجمه تا بدانید این شاپور بختیار چه خائنی بوده

feyenoord

Bench Warmer
Aug 23, 2005
Shapour Bakhtiarwas not only NOT a traitor but he was also a great man with great vision who had a sound knowledge about politics and democracy. He did great stuff in his life and his resume shows that.

The regime knew who to go after. This man had more credibility than those ex-tyrants and he could have united the opposition to the regime a lot easier.

Ardesheer

Bench Warmer
Jun 30, 2005
این شاهپور بختیار خائن که رفت عراق در زمان جنگ و طرفداری صدام و همه نقشه ها را او واویسی برای صدام بردند
نه تنها خائن است بلکه الان معلوم شد دروغ گو هم هست
اخه تا وقتی که صدام قبل از جنگ قرار داد را جلوی دوربین های رسانه های جهان پاره نکرده بود که قرارداد قانونی بود نه خمینی و نه کسی دیگری اصلا در مورد قرارداد حرفی نزده بود
این صدام بود که قرارداد الجزایر را جلوی دوربین ها تلویزیون پاره کرد و گفت از امروز این قرارداد به رسمیت شناخته نخواهد شد
شاپور بختیار دروغ میگوید
و از خائن دروغ بعید نیست
اگر دوست داشتید مصاحبه وزیر دربار صدام را برایتان پست کنم با ترجمه تا بدانید این شاپور بختیار چه خائنی بوده

This a great complement coming from you. When GP calls a person a traitor, that person must have been a great patriot.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
ژنرال گوز پایان، با این تحلیل آبکیت باز هم رییییدی به هیکل خودت.

آورین آورین.

راستی***، از ارتش آزادیبخش ایران در اسرائیل که شما رهبر آن هستید چه خبر؟ حرکت نهایی به سمت ایران کی*** شروع می***شه به حمدالله؟

May 12, 2007
This is my opinion and I know many of you diagree. Sharif Emami, Azhari and Bakhtyar were all Jerks. It was their efforts that made Khomeini the most popular figure in Iran. If Shah selected Howeida as the prime minister the rev would never happen. On this issue GP is completly right. Sadam didn't respect the geneva convention you expect him to respect the Algazire contract. Peoples worst enemy is not Khomeini but unknownness. And he was in Iraq:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhWDbmZBS6o

Jan 23, 2003
If Bakhtiar had sided with Saddam, or had betrayed Iran by any other mean, I doubt IR would've gone through the trouble of assassinating him - they would have just exposed him!

Hassan1980

Bench Warmer
Feb 17, 2008
If Bakhtiar had sided with Saddam, or had betrayed Iran by any other mean, I doubt IR would've gone through the trouble of assassinating him - they would have just exposed him!
Not only did Bakhtiar sided with Saddam, but he also allowed to turn himself into a anti Iranian puppet in hands of a Pan Arabist regime.

May : Amid escalating tensions between the Islamic Republic and the regime of Iraqi President Saddam Hussein, Bakhtiar visits Iraq with assurances that the Iranian people will not rally in defense of the Khomeini government. A new Baghdad-based radio station begins broadcasting pro-Bakhtiar messages intended for an Iranian audience.

Read more: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/front...nation-of-shapour-bakhtiar.html#ixzz2YpyFB1V2

AFRIRAN

IPL Player
Jun 8, 2010
وقتی بشینی تو تاکسی تو ایران تحلیل های سیاسی که میشنوی از این آدم که مثلا نخست وزیر ایران بوده منطقی تر و مستدل تره، اگر من و بقال سر کوچه فکر کنیم که خمینی خودش اومد سرکار، خودش برنامه ریزی میکرد و تصمیم میگرفت واقعآ باید از یه آدمی مثل بختیار هم همون تحلیل رو بشنوفیم ، ای خاک بر سرروشنفکر های ما ، خود فروخته های بدبخت

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Bakhtiar was neither a hero nor a traitor IMHO. He was just another confused, un-insightful, slow-to-act individual from the same generation that screwed everything for younger generations for decades to come. Really, someone in that position should have had a lot more insight and knowledge at the time - rather than just hindsight after the fact - on how to deal with issues than an average guy on the street did back then and way less than an average guy on the street does today.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Bakhtiar was neither a hero nor a traitor IMHO. He was just another confused, un-insightful, slow-to-act individual from the same generation that screwed everything for younger generations for decades to come. Really, someone in that position should have had a lot more insight and knowledge at the time - rather than just hindsight after the fact - on how to deal with issues than an average guy on the street did back then and way less than an average guy on the street does today.
اساسا نگاه ما به سیاستمدار اشتباه است.
ما هنوز به سیاست مدرا مثل غربی ها نگاه نمیکنیم.
که خیر سرشون بیان 4-5 سال یه گهی بزن به مملکت
بعد گورشون رو گم کنن برن دانشگاه دیگه مردم ریختشون نبینن.

تازه سیاستمدارهای ما که از امیرکبیر , احمد شاه , رضا شاه , فروغی , قوام , مصدق , بختیار , خمینی , محمد رضا شاه , هویدا , رفسنجانی , خامنه ای , بازرگان و ...
که افرادی پر از معایب بودن. به یک باره ما شروع میکنیم به پرستش این افراد
به خاطر اینکه که حالا دو تا کار کردن که ما با اون حال کردیم.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
I agree with you to some extent but there was very little that politicians like Bakhtiar & Bazargan could have done at the time. The wave of support for Khomeini was too strong for any of them to do anything. The waves would have taken them down. Even now after all these years I have not seen one theory or one opinion on what could have been done to stop the Islamization of the country. Even if all secular forces (left, right, Commies) came together they still wouldn't have been able to stop it.

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
I agree with you to some extent but there was very little that politicians like Bakhtiar & Bazargan could have done at the time. The wave of support for Khomeini was too strong for any of them to do anything. The waves would have taken them down. Even now after all these years I have not seen one theory or one opinion on what could have been done to stop the Islamization of the country. Even if all secular forces (left, right, Commies) came together they still wouldn't have been able to stop it.
I agree. I can tell you that I for one would not have been swayed. There was nothing in my then short life span to warn me of what was to come. If Shah can be faulted is for letting the likes of me run the show. There were those in our parents generation who warned us of the rule of akhoonds but the lure of getting rid of the Shah and ushering in the Iranian version of the US constitution was just too great! Today is different and countries like Egypt will not be that easily fooled. As proof, there has not been a single major country that has voted in an Islamic Republic in the mode of Iran ever since. IR apparently is such a powerful beacon that it stands as the first and last example of its kind. We were the sacrificial lamb.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Well, the Turkey model was there Siavash jaan and there were similar models in place across the ME which have been successful to this day as the Egypt experiment has shown. I'm not saying there was a sure or perfect way to deal with it, but receiving Khomeini with open arms and dissolving the country's security apparatus at such a sensitive time were definitely not steps in the right direction.

Jan 23, 2003
Actually those were the 3 things he wasn't Bi-Honar jan..

Confused - No he took on the premiership when he knew the odds of success are slim, but still accepted in a last bid to save Iran

Un-insightful - In fact he was very insightful. He knew exactly what was to come - something his National front colleagues didn't!

Slow to act - what could he have done? He released all political prisoners, freed the press and dissolved Savak's security apparatus. What else did people want? I hope you are not suggesting he should've done the opposite.