should CQ leave?

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
I say yes. IFF managed to ruin the relationship at the wrongest time, and CQ is obviously too expensive for our corrupted economy where 3000 billion toomans is just peanuts.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I say yes. IFF managed to ruin the relationship at the wrongest time, and CQ is obviously too expensive for our corrupted economy where 3000 billion toomans is just peanuts.
Dr. Me jan, why do you say they ruined it at the wrongest time? Has this been confirmed? Because from what I remember Mahbod found out that interview with CQ was old and he cleared things again and said it's not sure! or have I missed a new development?

Nov 24, 2002
Hope he stays . he knows our players for more than 3 years and went through up and down with this team . hope he stays at least until Asian Cup doesn't matter if we lose our next two games or not . What will be other alternative ? Faraki ? Non , Merci !

even another decent coach ( which won't happen) will not have enough time with this team until Asian Cup .

All said i guess CQ already made his mind and is leaving .

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Hope he stays . he knows our players for more than 3 years and went through up and down with this team . hope he stays at least until Asian Cup doesn't matter if we lose our next two games or not . What will be other alternative ? Faraki ? Non , Merci !

even another decent coach ( which won't happen) will not have enough time with this team until Asian Cup .

All said i guess CQ already made his mind and is leaving .
If and that's a big IF, we can get another decent foreign coach, I would rather go with him than CQ! We should really be thinking about the next WC already from now instead of the AC! Even if CQ stays till the AC, we would be losing valuable time that another coach could use until the next WC. Unless ofcourse CQ can stay till the next WC and then that would be another matter!

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Chinaski is correct CQ already announced he is leaving. I don't blame him he is frustrated and he cited lack of funding and government support were the main reasons why. I really don't blame him it's an uphill battle and he did an amazing job to just get us here. CQ will be missed. I think the logical thing would be to give that assistant a shot. He knows CQ's tactics.

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
Dr. Me jan, why do you say they ruined it at the wrongest time? Has this been confirmed? Because from what I remember Mahbod found out that interview with CQ was old and he cleared things again and said it's not sure! or have I missed a new development?
sly jan, nemidoonam aziz. The news are coming out from different angles. Looks like roohani has come out to support him. He wants money and opportunity, Iran wants results and this is the shortest cheapest though not guaranteed way to have any chance to succeed.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
sly jan, nemidoonam aziz. The news are coming out from different angles. Looks like roohani has come out to support him. He wants money and opportunity, Iran wants results and this is the shortest cheapest though not guaranteed way to have any chance to succeed.
Yeah because from what I remember, the players talked to Rohani when he met them and asked him to help out to keep CQ! We still have to wait and see. I wouldn't be surprised if he was kept in the last minutes.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
^^I would be. I think he wants to go back to the EPL and make real money. Not that he is making crap in Iran, we are paying him a decent salary but he can make much more and have more resources at his disposal. I would go if I was in his shoes. However, none of us can predict the future.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
^^I would be. I think he wants to go back to the EPL and make real money. Not that he is making crap in Iran, we are paying him a decent salary but he can make much more and have more resources at his disposal. I would go if I was in his shoes. However, none of us can predict the future.
That might be but at the same time, in EPL, he wouldn't be treated like god as he's been treated in Iran!

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
That might be but at the same time, in EPL, he wouldn't be treated like god as he's been treated in Iran!
That is true but in life you need to give a little before you get a little yes he won't be treated like a God but if he does well, he can finish out his career in the EPL and honestly he doesn't need to tear it up. He can take a middle of the road team and make them better for the next few years they don't even need to be a top four team as long as they are better he will probably in 3 years get paid a decade of salary in Iran. You also need to look at it that way but there are advantages of Iran. You have job stability and a decent pay but you also have uphill battles. It really is a double edge sword because you are giving something up no matter what you pick.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
That is true but in life you need to give a little before you get a little yes he won't be treated like a God but if he does well, he can finish out his career in the EPL and honestly he doesn't need to tear it up. He can take a middle of the road team and make them better for the next few years they don't even need to be a top four team as long as they are better he will probably in 3 years get paid a decade of salary in Iran. You also need to look at it that way but there are advantages of Iran. You have job stability and a decent pay but you also have uphill battles. It really is a double edge sword because you are giving something up no matter what you pick.
Sure.... it all comes down to preference! But he's 61! I can imagine at his age, he would rather have stability with a good income and be treated the way he's probably always dreamed of getting treated one day in his career!

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Sure.... it all comes down to preference! But he's 61! I can imagine at his age, he would rather have stability with a good income and be treated the way he's probably always dreamed of getting treated one day in his career!
Fair point but once again lets talk about his age for a second. He is 61 and he probably has a few years left probably 3 years tops. You can always go to an EPL team that is say ranked #12 which puts you at Swanessa. I figure a team like Sawnessa or say a Crystal Palace at #11 will give you a little more leniency in order to rebuild. They are probably NOT going to kick you out after the first year, unless he royally eff's up and they get relegated he will be retained for his 2nd year. Even if they kick him out after two years I think he is getting like 700K in Iran and I'm sure he will get a few million.
Greed has a way of motivating you. He might just say eff it I have two to three years left and barring a disaster I should stay on board for at least a few years so why not? Ok so he won't be treated like a God but there is a huge difference between 3,000,000 and 700,000. Again we can't predict these things but when he says things like lack of government support and lack of funding, those are big red flags and a clue. Only time will tell and if he leaves, I really can't be mad at the guy. I never stand in a way of a coach and advancement. Also, remember this you won't be treated like a God but you will have much better resources and facilities. Maybe not Arsenal, Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea or Man City status but still you will have nice digs.

Jul 5, 2008
Melbourne
Him leaving is inevitable, but come on, at least manage to keep him until after the Asian Cup. Even though i know he can't wait to run and never look back after Brazil. And who can blame him?

We are going to be in shambles heading into the Asian Cup which is only 6 months after the World Cup with a new coach. Which will most likely be someone like Faraki, GN or Daei..If we are lucky IFF will give the job to another decent foreign coach (even someone working in Iran like Kranjcar would be good), but i highly doubt it. Iranian coaches are just sitting and waiting until CQ leaves to they can attack the job like a flock of hungry hyenas....

With Queiroz we could become champions of Asia, at least with him our chances of winning would heavily increase. With a local coach, expect a QF exit or another useless bronze medal..

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Him leaving is inevitable, but come on, at least manage to keep him until after the Asian Cup. Even though i know he can't wait to run and never look back after Brazil. And who can blame him?

We are going to be in shambles heading into the Asian Cup which is only 6 months after the World Cup with a new coach. Which will most likely be someone like Faraki, GN or Daei..If we are lucky IFF will give the job to another decent foreign coach (even someone working in Iran like Kranjcar would be good), but i highly doubt it. Iranian coaches are just sitting and waiting until CQ leaves to they can attack the job like a flock of hungry hyenas....

With Queiroz we could become champions of Asia, at least with him our chances of winning would heavily increase. With a local coach, expect a QF exit or another useless bronze medal..
Now way Daei ever sniffs Iran's NT again bro there would be an assassination attempt on his life probably(no joke). I think they don't want to go Dolati but they will pick someone who the fans will be ok with perhaps CQ's assistant is the most logical choice. He knows the players tactics and the players are familiar with him. I don't think it's all doom and gloom like some think and we will be just fine in the Asian Cup. We are just as good in Asia as anyone none of the Asian teams really impressed me. Ya Auzzies played nice against Holland but they are 0-2. Japan couldn't even score a goal against 10 man Greece with 45 minutes and that is pathetic. Korea is the only one that surprised me and it was decent but we've beaten this team before. Who will be the surprise team maybe UAE? We will see.

May 12, 2007
If his price is OK they should keep him. Good coaches can't be found like nokhod lobia. He knows our players. We have a set of good
young player Like Jaghob Karimi, Sharifi, Sadeghia whom he can teach for our future. He knows our footballer. A new coach should start
from start.