Should Zandi Start against Bahrain?

Bauvafa

Bench Warmer
Oct 26, 2004
Considering that he will have only been with TM for 2 days, wonder if that's enough to get used to our style of play, add to that the pressure sorrounding this game.

It's a tough call, I certainly can't make up my mind if I would start him if I were Branco. God forbid, should we fail to get the desired result, I would hate to see fingers pointing at Zandi.

Oct 20, 2003
Yes definitely. He is a professional player and should adapt very quickly. Besides our left flank is in need of reinforcement IMHO.

eshghi

News Team
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, CA
I think Zandi will start as a holding mid next to Nekoonam.
Or maybe -although less likely- in place of Niki. Whether he
deserve a start will be something that we'll be arguing over
for the next month. ;-)

Ali(ISP)

Tottenham till I die
Oct 16, 2002
Southampton, UK
i think zandi will play but i dont think he will play instead of nikbakht.

these are the def. starters in the team.

daei, kia, vahid, karimi, mirza, rahman, kaabi, nekounam. i dont think anyone here will argue with that.

so this is what we have.

mirza

kaabi rahman X Y
Nekounam Z
Kia karimi vahid
daei

in this line up there would never have been any room for nikbakht anyway. we also have only 3 places to fill. zandi cant play in position X.
so he will either play in Y or Z. and i expect it to be in position Z with badavi in Y if he is fit.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Ali,
I agree those players u mentioned will always be 90min.we should add Nosrati and Kameli to that list,too.
Zandi could well fit beside Nekunam,help our defence as well as starting a good strike(just like his Bondesligau games).Incase it didnt work, Mobali is good enough to fill the gap.

Ali(ISP)

Tottenham till I die
Oct 16, 2002
Southampton, UK
Niloufar said:
Ali,
I agree those players u mentioned will always be 90min.we should add Nosrati and Kameli to that list,too.
Zandi could well fit beside Nekunam,help our defence as well as starting a good strike(just like his Bondesligau games).Incase it didnt work, Mobali is good enough to fill the gap.
i think zandi's name will be added to those 8, so we will have 9 definite starters in the line up.

the other two we can not be sure. it could easily be golM and badavi! as u said nosrati could be one of them too. but we have two places available in the team really. and they are centre back and left back.

halftime

Bench Warmer
Nov 24, 2004
Zandi will play but he may start on the bench! I think he should be on the starting line up. He has been on good form for his club and he’ll take that through to TM. He would need to adjust to the pace of the game but I think he will be surprised by the amount space he will find to play. Hashemian playing in front of him will be a good help for both players.

Go Iran

Bong

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
what about navidkia? I dont think Branco will overlook him that easily...nobody is even mentioning him. If navidkia plays central midfield beside Nekunam, I think Zandi will play left wing.

Kayvon

Bench Warmer
Dec 23, 2004
Washington, DC
2 days is not enough time to adapt and play with a team. The only way Zandi should start is if Niki is injured and even then Mobali might be a better option. But...I guess its up to Branko

ibrahim

Bench Warmer
Oct 20, 2002
Sydney
I don't think he should start and I don't think that he will anyway, No matter how good of a player he is, he has not played a single minute with TM and has not even had a training session with them. I'd think that if the scoreline is going our way then he'd be played in the last 20 mins or so.

nakhl

Bench Warmer
Feb 1, 2005
ibrahim said:
I don't think he should start and I don't think that he will anyway, No matter how good of a player he is, he has not played a single minute with TM and has not even had a training session with them. I'd think that if the scoreline is going our way then he'd be played in the last 20 mins or so.

Branko is not going to take big risks (he is a rather conservative coach). So, I also think that Zandi will share the left MD w/ Moharram. Probably Navidkia first half and Zandi second.

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
Fereydon Zandi will start for sure against Bahrain , how he will perform this is a big question ... i beleive his performance against bahrain will not prove his capacity as even with ronaldinho in our national team and only with ONE MAJOR PRACTICE ( as the day before match is always a light practice ) you cant expect him or any other player to do magic ... but he is a professional player and playing for the yrs in true disciplin system of GERMAN BUNDESLIGA ... for sure he can deal with pressure and .. and .. but again NEEDS TIME ! i hope our FANS understand that!...

i beleive ZANDI will start as pressing-Mid just beside JAVAD .. and hopley he perform well .. if not he will give his place later in the match to Moharam Navidkia !

Dec 23, 2004
city of angeles
here's Branco's fixation w/what he has on hand for Bahrain game :

Rahmati
Kabi Nosrati Rahman
Golmo/? Badavi/Zareh
Kia/Mobali Nekunam/Navidkia Kazemian/Zandi
Daie Hashemian/Borhani

mobali may not get released by Doctors and mark my words
14 out of 16 players will be just like that..
who would you put in Golomo's position..?

o.k...o.k.. don't kill me Karimi will be his Ace in 2nd. half in his recently
assigned position free/utilitiy guy roaming around any of half/forward
positions..!!