So what went wrong?

Oct 20, 2002
UAE
Honestly I am not as pissed as the 6-2. If you read my posts of last week, i never expected much from Real agains Barca cuz I said Barca is by far the best team and that they can rise to the occasions.

What I didn't expect was how bad Madrid played. This can be the easiest El Classico win for a team in the history. Even the 6-2 was more competetive on the field.

I think the reason why teams like Espanyol and Athletco can give Barca a run for their money while Madrid has failed to do so in recent history is what they call in NBA as match-ups. Madrid players do no match up well agains Barca players. Madrid has taller, more physical, and slower players who are unable to play well against shorter, faster and more technical Barca players. If you look, Espanyol and Athletco players match up better agains Barca players.

I have to say that Jose failed to apply a proper tactic, if there was one n the 1st place. Not that any tactic would have given us a point or three, because as I said Madrid has no chance against Barca with these type of players, but the game could have been closer.

What I hope for now that La Liga is over for us are the following:

1- A good run in CL.

2- Some young and technical players singinigs (no big names please).

3- Madrid management not making any coaching changes for a few years. Lets stick to what we have. Forget about winning for a couple of years and start building a team, lets look at our Youth program for a change. What we are getting now is the result of bad management of the past few years.

Anyhow, just my humble opinion.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2002
UAE
I believe it's simply motivation on Barca's part. It's almost impossible to remain super motivated for every single game after so much glory. Against Real Madrid they're very motivated, but against other teams ..meh
Motivation can explain part of the humiliation of today's game. But what about the previous 4 games? I stil think it mainly has to do with match ups.

Jun 18, 2005
I do not think anything went wrong. Barca has the better players and they work together so well as a team. Their passing was off the charts and could dribble anytime they wished.

I really think it could have been 10-0 if Barca wanted to. There were many moments in the second half when they could have sent a deep pass and there was a guy open and ready to escape the offside trap but rather elected to pass backwards.

Real Madrid is a good team but Barcelona is just a different class.

Oct 20, 2002
UAE
I do not think anything went wrong. Barca has the better players and they work together so well as a team. Their passing was off the charts and could dribble anytime they wished.

I really think it could have been 10-0 if Barca wanted to. There were many moments in the second half when they could have sent a deep pass and there was a guy open and ready to escape the offside trap but rather elected to pass backwards.

Real Madrid is a good team but Barcelona is just a different class.
so why can't Real give Barca a hard time like Espanyol and Athletco? They are not better than Madrid, they just defend better against smaller build players.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Real Madrid played with the same attitude as though they are playing with Almeria or Malaga ...

They didn't raise their game to another level in order to play with Barcelona ... too arrogant if you ask me ...

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
it's very simple..

better players, better coach, and you guys having a couple absolute douche bags in your team. :D

poor Mou, I believe he would give everything to have Eto'o, Capitano, Chivu and Cambiasso in that team.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
btw. if I was Mourinho or Perez, I would sell Ronaldo for 60 Million Euros + Carlos Tevez to ManCity. Then Madrid would be unbeatable for years to come.

Aug 26, 2005
They need Owen Coyle as manager:

[video=youtube;I6Hen8GTmrA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6Hen8GTmrA[/video]

Turns shit and piss on a stick football to something watchable.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
Everybody in England is trying to emulate Barcelona. Owen Coyle looks tough. but he always teaches his sides to play passing intelligent football rather than physical. Even his Burnley side played good attractive football as much as their individual skills allowed of course. Now he has transformed Bolton, from a bunch of aerial physical donkeys to a football team.

Mar 13, 2007
the short answer is: Nothing particularly was right in the first place for it to go wrong!

Real have a useless defence and the team without the ball just can not play.

Everyone of Barca's goal was an absolute joke, one a worse defensive blunder than the other!

the fact that Real beat so an so team in CL first round made everyone they were something. We should know by now that first round results in CL mean nothing!

BehzadB

Bench Warmer
Feb 18, 2006
Shooshtar
nothing went wrong.. Everything went the way it was going to go.. Barca team as a whole looked like a team with a big chip on their shoulders and were there to basically shut Murinho up and defeat him with worst possible score they could and beat him in every aspect of the game, not just the score line... they could have been up 10 and they wouldn't have slowed down..

as it was before the game, this Barca team is arguably one of the best football teams ever and unfortunately for Real and Jose, last night they happen to have a pretty nasty attitude about beating their opponent..

I am not an expert on tactics, but I think this Real team is tactically an easy match up for this Barca team..

Mar 13, 2007
Real should go after solid, time-tested EPL defenders like the legendary Jonathan Woodgate. In fact, they should go bankrupt acquiring such pure English talents.
oh i'm sure the score would be the exact same if likes of Cole, terry, ferdinand, gerrard or lampard were on Real! we all saw the prove two years ago when barca had 0 shots on chelsea goal in 180 minutes !!!! lol at these juvenile bandwagon jumpers

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
oh i'm sure the score would be the exact same if likes of Cole, terry, ferdinand, gerrard or lampard were on Real! we all saw the prove two years ago when barca had 0 shots on chelsea goal in 180 minutes !!!! lol at these juvenile bandwagon jumpers
actually, they had a shot...it was THE shot...LOL

Mar 13, 2007
LOL. You mean the losers that made up the England team, right? LOL
you're a dummy! what does that have to do with anything genius !!!! English national team or any othwer national team is supposed to be the benchmark!

some quality 'B' rated 6-7 game tournament every 4 years made up of players who have never played with eachother supposed to tell me what player is ggod or not !?.....lol......