Soccer fans call to ban Iranian forward after anti-Israel tweet

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-5290405,00.html

Soccer fans call to ban Iranian forward after anti-Israel tweet
Mehdi Taremi, who plays for Iran's national team, is in hot water a year after reposting a tweet from Ayatollah Ali Khamenei saying Israel would not exist in 25 years; soccer fans, including Iranians, call on FIFA to ban him from the 2018 World Cup.
Itamar Eichner|Published: 06.18.18 , 11:16

Soccer fans have filed a complaint with FIFA against Iranian forward Mehdi Taremi, 25, a year after he reposted a tweet from Ayatollah Ali Khamenei saying Israel would not exist in 25 years.

The soccer fans are calling on the International Federation of Association Football to ban Taremi from playing for the Iranian national team in the 2018 World Cup, which is currently ongoing in 11 cities across Russia.

The hashtag #BanTaremi went viral, with hundreds of Twitter users criticizing Taremi's endorsement of Israel's destruction. Many of those calling for his ban are Iranian citizens, some exiles.

Mehdi Taremi (Photo: Reuters)

As a result, Taremi rushed to delete the tweet.

One user on Twitter wrote, "This man is one of the players of Iran's dictatorship team, and he is wishing for Iran's annihilation like his murderous leader Khamenei. The real Iranian people condemn his actions and demand his suspension from the games."

Another wrote to FIFA: "The Iranian people want to report to you on one of the players of the Iranian team called Mehdi Taremi, who tweeted a terrorist threat against the State of Israel. We urge you to expel him from the 2018 World Cup, so our team is not involved in such political issues."

(Photo: Twitter)

Taremi, one of Iran's most well-known soccer players, tweets a lot of photos and quotes of his country's leaders.

Emmanuel Nahshon, the spokesman of Israel's Ministry of Foreign Affairs, said that "for the sake of his team, it's best if Taremi focused on soccer and not on echoing ugly and illegitimate calls against the State of Israel."

First published: 06.18.18, 11:16
commen

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Bebakhshid sibilatoon ra nadidam.
Zobahan your behaviour , posts and comments and rooting against team melli is despicable ,using every opportunity and every news true or false to make your political stand and bash and hurt team melli .

You and few others like remind me of those during Iran USA match in 1998 who didn't come to watch football but to make it political ...

Taremi maybe a son of a bitch ...but he is our son of a bitch ,well maybe I am wrong adding you in ....

you care more about Saudi barbaria when you asked for humility toward them after they got thrashed 5-0 !!

Daghighan faazet chiyeh ?

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
^ I sense zob has been to Iran within the last 3 or 5 years and many of you haven't.. If you have observed first hand what's going on in Iran , then the reaction and thoughts like zob is natural.. If your only connection to Iran is TM's glories then can come across premature to ppl who have (been to Iran) when all you related to Iran is TM's glories and nothing else.

Politics and football aren't separate, from moscow to tehran to else they use this event as a tool for global acceptance so the opposition sees opportunity to raise a voice as well.

I don't speak for zob but that's my impression. And others should focus and enjoy the games without trying to mobilize all but realize this is tricky times and after all you back to ur lives and hamvatans will be looking for drinking water and their rations and possibly the next meal too.

(and what a stretch to categorize any opposition as mojahed.. grow up man)

Last edited:

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
^ I am guessing last June he was in trouble (transfering to club in Turkey and back) and was due to kiss some testis...

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
^

(and what a stretch to categorize any opposition as mojahed.. grow up man)
I thought I told to stop quoting me or address me but you don't get it do you ? so who needs growing up ?

I don't like your attitude ,your poisonous posts and try to stay away from engaging in conversation with you since I do not value your comments , I am sure you feel the same way with me and I have no problem with that ,that is why I told you not to address me .

With zobahan is different , he is different class from you … I may have differences with him but we can manage without a mediator thanks ...but no thanks !
I am not surprised you coming out in support of anything against team melli ,you have been posting poisonous posts against team melli and Carlos Q for the past few months .

Just like it's obvious from your user name in support of lejan ali quitter Karimi who is rooting against team melli , failing to see the joy and happiness in 4 corners of Iran after a sweet victory against Morocco ,they are there facing all the political and economic hardships and still go out in support of team melli and few kaaseh daghtar az aash sitting behind their keyboards in the west shed crocodile tears for them and use every chance to bash anything they can get their hands on to serve their purpose ...

It's about time you internet warrior types grow up or grow a pair if you dare and go and do your thing there .

Now go and prepare or search for another poisonous article or think of another signature down your posts since the one you had " Iran debut in world cup 2018" didn't pull of !

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
some see football some see the whole picture, I think I have proved my point.. when someone does wrong he's our bitch but if AK did wrong he's someone else's bitch.. 'all views in the context of football like a 16-17 years old kid' and from the sound of it (memories and notes of football etc) you are in ur 60s

I didin't quote you but paraphrased you.. learn the differnce, you're in a public forum, any comments made is bound to be interpreted.. now go cry foul.

open ur blind eyes, last article I posted I asked " his true account? from this year" . not my fault youre' going blind.

If you're an Iranian then I am shamed to be too.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
some see football some see the whole picture, I think I have proved my point.. when someone does wrong he's our bitch but if AK did wrong he's someone else's bitch.. 'all views in the context of football like a 16-17 years old kid' and from the sound of it (memories and notes of football etc) you are in ur 60s

I didin't quote you but paraphrased you.. learn the differnce, you're in a public forum, any comments made is bound to be interpreted.. now go cry foul.

open ur blind eyes, last article I posted I asked " his true account? from this year" . not my fault youre' going blind.

If you're an Iranian then I am shamed to be too.
Whatever name you want to call it you were directly replying to me with your grow up man comment .

No ,Ali Karimi is our bitch too and we supported him back when he was in the wrong ,like kicking the bag ,getting banned and falling out with Branko in the world cup ,but not when he directly root against team melli ...just like you .

you are the blind lead by those who root against team melli ,you had nothing to offer and post but negative and anti team melli ,now get lost and let the breeze flow you daft looking toss pot .

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
Sir your insults are funny.. now go watch reruns of 1966 WC finals and feel good about life and order some "depend" if you stay awake at it. Even in Brazil diehard fans arent worried too much about WC (and has been reported as 53% adults due to social and political issues arent caring this time around.) . woh are you to insult me this way? prophet of football ???

understand the fixation as adult when so much pain is present can come across as immature and that's all was pointed out before you went crazy.. i ddin't say you're immature , I suggested it comes across as.

You and others if you can't control information coming your way then you're in trouble.. shut off channels you don't like.

Last edited:
May 21, 2003
Not The Eshaalic Goozpublic !
i thought they had a feature called ignore button.
pages and pages of posts telling each other not to address each other ...????

use the ignore button. I use my internal ignore button and ignore 95% of this forum and i think about 99% of the forum ignore me. :LOL::love::love::love::love::love: