Sogand

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
What a truly underrated artist she is! I've grown to like her more and more and I don't understand why she hasn't become an Iranian superstar yet?!

I've always liked her 2 songs which I will post further down in this thread but this video of her, singing casually in the bus, made me post this thread!

Such an amazing voice!

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
I had completely forgotten about her. I think I first found out about her last year or 2 years ago?

Like her style. Sometimes a bit too angry/harsh/boyish for my taste, but she's quite alright.

One of the reasons she's not a superstar is the fact that she's not very pretty and she has no Gher-o-Ghamzeh.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I had completely forgotten about her. I think I first found out about her last year or 2 years ago?

Like her style. Sometimes a bit too angry/harsh/boyish for my taste, but she's quite alright.

One of the reasons she's not a superstar is the fact that she's not very pretty and she has no Gher-o-Ghamzeh.
That second song I posted in this thread is from Sina's program, "chand shanbeh ba Sina". In that program she explains why she had to become more like boys than girls, even though she loved being a girl. She said in this business, it's extremely difficult to work if you are a girl. There are lots of males working. and unfortunately in our culture, the smallest thing can be interpreted in a wrong way, which happened to her many times. For her to be able to work freely, and without misunderstandings, she was forced to become more like boys, to the extent that the guys she was working with started to call her, "dash Sogand"! lol

But when you listen to her talk, she sounds much more sane and actually with a thinking brain than most of these singers who are all about which brand they should wear and which make up they should use to stay popular. She said, singing and music is actually her hobby while she's actually attending university, studying internal design. I guess it should be finished by now though.

Anyways.... I have to say, one of the things I like about her is the fact that she's without "ghero ghamzeh! All about music and talent. I like her a lot!

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
After being quiet, living in Iran for 4 years, she's now back. Also releasing songs from her album she wasn't able to release in Iran:

Last edited: