Some Logic we got here

Intoxicated

Bench Warmer
Dec 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
1. Daie can't run. replace with um ....i donno just replace him for time being..Borhani again??

2. Mirzapour hasn't not improved since 2000 and hence needs to be replaced in WC with ummm...once again i donno just replace him for..just put a couple of rocks in the goal instead of him

and here is best one:
3. Our Players got us in the WC not the coach (branko)..lol replace branko

now i just have one question. do these critisims have any meaning to it??
I mean do u really really believe in what you say , or is it just you wanna open new threads or post something??

if your answer is NO, and you just posting for fun..then just ignore this thread...if you answerd other wise, then lets jsut say, i bet 95% of you here have never even coached a girls under 12 team , yet you act as football gurus!!

I understand the passion and all that... But ALL I'm trying to say is that if you do not know what goes on behind the curtain (in our case every thing about TM situation) do not make some immature conclusions.

Bardia

Oct 18, 2002
I agree with some of your points, however one thing that you have to consider is the fact that Iran does not seem to have a comprehensive play style. Forgetting the extreme reliance on our foreign based players, you have to admit that there is a real lack of game plan when it comes to the way Iran plays. This is directly due to the coach and his selection/style. If you noticed yesterday both Japan and Iran were without 5 or 6 of their main players, so the playing field was some what even. But when it came to the style of play, cohesiveness, and game plan, Japan was clearly a head and shoulder above us.
Had it not been for some good saves by Mirzapoor we would have lost 4 to 1. Other than the one shot that was nicely struck by Daei, there was no other incident were we can really look to as a real chance for Iran to score? This is sad when you consider that at least we should have been able to make a better showing with a team that has been in camp for 30+ days.

This only means to me that our coach or coaching group are not seasoned enough to make the necessary changes in style, and are too reliant on the brilliance of a few individuals. You have to seriously consider the fact, the one or two of these foreign based players will most likely be injured or have to be subbed during the WC. What do we do then? If when a single player is out of the game plan and the whole makeup of the team is lost, this shows that there is no real backup plan, which is an absolute necessity in today’s game. I have all along said that what you see today is all that Branco will be able to achieve. He is not Seasoned enough a coach that can take Iran to the next step. However, he is 10000 times better than anything we have in Iran and the IFF is too cheap and incompetent to pay for anyone better. So what you see is what you get. A decent team that probably will not make it past the 1st round, and is going to WC with the intention of ONLY making it past the 1st round. So we can not be fooled by our current FIFA Standing of 15 and look at things more realistically, that Iran is a long ways away from being a top 20 team in the world.

Thanks,

Javeed Iran

Oct 18, 2002
Southern California
I agree with Kambujiyeh.

Branko has proven the fact over and over again that he is totally dependent on his star players.Take them away from him and his team plays as if MayeliKohan is the coach.He has had the team for almost four years and his stamp is nowhere to be found on TM's style of play (if there is any).The mere fact that he still has not been able to fix our problem on the left after three years is a deficiency in his coaching ability.

As for people who think he has been the main reason we made it to the WC ,I should remind them that we were two minutes away from not even making it to the second round of the qualifications and were almost eliminated by Jordan!

In conclusion,as I said in another thread Branko needs to step up and rethink his whole philosophy of coaching or we will be the doormat in WC.Just picture your left flank and current defense playing against Brazil or Argentina or.....I don't even want to think about it!

Intoxicated

Bench Warmer
Dec 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
kambujiyeh said:
I have all along said that what you see today is all that Branco will be able to achieve. He is not Seasoned enough a coach that can take Iran to the next step. However, he is 10000 times better than anything we have in Iran and the IFF is too cheap and incompetent to pay for anyone better.
Right on !! You said it.

We ALL know Branko is no world class coach. With the current situation Branko is all we have.

of course, I luv to see Wenger or benitez coaching us but who are we kidding with IFF around !!!

Looking at the list of coaches that IFF has in mind for TM i STILL pick Branko.

SO..the moral of story is : please please stop repeating the same point.

Bardia

May 29, 2005
Montreal, Quebec
guys all i hear is replace branko replace branko give the damn guy a break did he not bring us all the way here???

even if we had a new coach we still wont be able to get to the 2nd round lets face the facts our group will have 2 european teams and most prob 1 south american.

we can't beat an south american team thats ffor sure and we wont be able to beat the 2 european teams unless we in Turkey or we play vs Greece or else the czechs will beat us the germans will beat us , any other team will beat us and we can't depend on luck vs these teams.

Oct 18, 2002
Parham99,

I don't agree with your assessment that we ABSOLUTELY can not make it to second round. On any given day any team can beat another one, regardless of where they come from. You saw that with the Saudis here in the US (WC98) and with the Japan and Korea (2002). The issue is one of style and the correct game plan. I am not bashing Branco here, but making to the WC is one thing, advancing a little more from here, is the job of a higher caliber coach. This is the fact of sports world today. That is why a world renowned coach is paid the big bucks.

What we need is a coach that can implement a true unique style based on our players capabilities or lack thereof. If we have the right strategy I am confident that we can make an impact in the upcoming WC.

Thanks,

Javeed Iran