Some serious demonstration in Mashhahd and other cities

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
Na kheir.
Everything is gradual and never happens over night. People have passed some red lines that they haven't in 39 years. This is huge accomplishment and definitely not over.
I don't see the accomplishment in the recent protests.

This is what we're missing out on: at any other more political times, the protests would have been huge. Now we had a couple of thousands protesting in Shahrestan without a proper wildfire. IR learned that on one hand there will be poor people ready to demonstrate. But on the other hand, there are more people who are full and tired of protesting and as long as you give them what they ask for, or provide "identity politics", they will be happy. The young professional couple in Tehran cares about being able to hold hands, travel to Turkey or Europe, go out, hang out with friends and drink homemade wine, and have a job where they earn money. They don't care (that much) about the plight of the poor and working class and by that much, I mean that they won't go on the streets and demonstrate for them.

IR will now gradually bring more freedom to the people and make them happy and less caring politically. It comes with neoliberal policies that are already taking place in Iran. The poor and workers who will be left out, will be left out, will be allowed to vent anger once in a while etc. but that's it.

IR however will bring more freedoms to the urban youth, make their life more pleasant, provide them with entertainment and make sure they know that it's possible to live in Iran. Step by step. At the end of the day, freedom and democracy are not as important as a full stomach and safety.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
So you are telling me the problem of our youth is not drinking wine and going to Turkey. So insulting !! Chakeretam 40% of iranian families eat meat 1-2 times per month cause they don't afford it. Even the middle class that you are referring to us becoming poorer and poorer. Your view is of people surrondings and you don't have any feeling of the realities on the ground.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Na kheir.
Everything is gradual and never happens over night. People have passed some red lines that they haven't in 39 years. This is huge accomplishment and definitely not over.
frankly, I don't see anything accomplished.
6 people killed in ghahdarijan because some person with lack of judgment cheered the youth to try to take a kalantari. (my guess is some MEK elements)

defenitly not gradual change approach.

to me it is pretty clear that people who run places like Amadanews (now seidaemardom) don't give rats A$$ about people's lives.

We already know there is significant opposition to the regime. Khamenie acknowledged it when he said "Even those who oppose the regime, should come out and vote".

another outcome. more sanctions and hardships that will be added in coming weeks.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
frankly, I don't see anything accomplished.
6 people killed in ghahdarijan because some person with lack of judgment cheered the youth to try to take a kalantari. (my guess is some MEK elements)

defenitly not gradual change approach.

to me it is pretty clear that people who run places like Amadanews (now seidaemardom) don't give rats A$$ about people's lives.

We already know there is significant opposition to the regime. Khamenie acknowledged it when he said "Even those who oppose the regime, should come out and vote".

another outcome. more sanctions and hardships that will be added in coming weeks.

You failed to mention that the SL only acknowledges the anti IR crowd only once every 4 years so he can brag about the people in voting lines.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Guys, just a reminder, please keep this thread clean. Everyone is entitle to his/her opinion as long as you respect others.
We are bunch of adults, please respect each-other and keep the discussion civilized. remember, just like forcing people to Pray and wear Hijab is wrong, so is forcing people to remove and part their religious ways...RESPECT.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Guys, just a reminder, please keep this thread clean. Everyone is entitle to his/her opinion as long as you respect others.
We are bunch of adults, please respect each-other and keep the discussion civilized. remember, just like forcing people to Pray and wear Hijab is wrong, so is forcing people to remove and part their religious ways...RESPECT.
Pooya jan, I haven't seen any disrespect so far. What are you referring to ?

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
So you are telling me the problem of our youth is not drinking wine and going to Turkey. So insulting !! Chakeretam 40% of iranian families eat meat 1-2 times per month cause they don't afford it. Even the middle class that you are referring to us becoming poorer and poorer. Your view is of people surrondings and you don't have any feeling of the realities on the ground.
No, I'm saying that they care for work, some civil liberties and being relatively carefree. This is the reality of (neoliberalism) (almost) everywhere in the world. If you think that Iranian people will do any kind of protests once they have all this for idealistic reasons, then be my guest to believe it and I would also like to sell you a Beach House in Saskatchewan with a beautiful view of the Pacific.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Guys, bunch of posts were deleted from page 8-9 of this thread, they are all back now. there is always transparency at ISP. unless you are directly insulting someone, your post shall never be removed. My apologies to those members who had their post deleted. In addition, Kevan_Pars ban is reversed. Having said that, KP, please use appropriate language when posting, please respect every opinion, and yours is also going to be respected.

Thank you,

May 12, 2007
some times i think Trump must have some iranian blood for sure.

بعضی ها میگن!!!
I was reading the facebook messages which came fast They showed some arabs saying khuzestan should join KSA. And so on.
Anyway Internet is closed in Iran. No internet no telegram nothing.

Toofan

Elite Member
Nov 14, 2004
Qom
www.toofan.org
Guys, bunch of posts were deleted from page 8-9 of this thread, they are all back now. there is always transparency at ISP. unless you are directly insulting someone, your post shall never be removed. My apologies to those members who had their post deleted. In addition, Kevan_Pars ban is reversed. Having said that, KP, please use appropriate language when posting, please respect every opinion, and yours is also going to be respected.

Thank you,
Good job buddy :)