Some serious demonstration in Mashhahd and other cities

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
It doesn't have to be a foreign power. It doesn't even have to be totally staged. Who out there doesn't know about Iranian people's fucked up level of anger and frustration? All it takes is one spark to make them start chanting and throwing things! LOL!

This could be as simple as a faction in Sepah or Nirooye Entezami or even Basij trying to get a bigger budget by showing what can go "wrong". It could be as simple as what you said (Alamoldayoos and Raeisi trying to undermine Rohani).

The thing is what we consider "getting out of hand" is not really out of hand at all. They don't really care about people chanting things and some poor souls getting killed. At the end of the day people stand absolutely no chance against the suppression mechanisms. None whatsoever.

As Keyvan said, it's good that people practice their unity and let out some steam, but not much positive can happen unless somehow the oil-money gets disrupted. That's the only way to attack the actual regime (instead of characters in the regime).
Maybe but then again even in shah's time, the revolution started like this, with smaller protests that got stopped by the military. The only difference is, every group in the demonstrations (Muslims, Mojaheds, Toodehis, etc.) had leaders back in 1978 whereas people lack a true leader now.

But then again, as you say, nothing and no one has turned out to be more effective than this regime to brutally suppress the anti-regime demonstrations.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
So far 21 plus killed and there is enough video evidence of that
Nikki Haley is calling for security council to meet, what is going to follow? I guess they are going to push for sanctions

Nuclear deal was a bad deal because it broke sanctions, and as long as IRI played smart 4+1 were bound to it, regardless of what Netanyahoo or Trump wanted
They tried to reverse it but there was going to be so much of diplomatic cost
Now they do the same sanctions under human right, same goal achieved, but a lot more cost-effectively

Akhoonds are dumb losers, I just can't figure out how they survived for the last 38 years!
The security council won't do much. It is an internal Iranian matter for one and not an issue of international law. What the security council can do is ask for Iran to respect the right to protest or tell them "very bad Iran" but not sanctions. Iran is not attacking another country or killing a minority.

You are a bit too optimistic in the power of the UN Security Council or the power and influence Trump and Nikki Haley got. Whenever this cools down, IR will come up with new "reforms" and everyone will be happy. Just wait and see. Akhunds are not as dumb as Assad.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
Baba please don't compare Shah's time with 2017. Whatever happened during Shah's time, Khoda pedare hamaro biamorze. Back then you had something like an opposition, young idealistic people opting for change, political theory and thought and what not was a daily point of discussion etc. You had Jebhe Melli, Tudeh, Mojahedine Obashe Khar, Koofto zahremar and whatever else.
Where is any of that now? Now you have a couple 1000 of people without actual power or representation protesting.

May 21, 2003
Not The Eshaalic Goozpublic !
it was a try. i don't think it is a complete failure but it doesn't look good for iranian people again.

i guess maybe a lot of people prefer the islamic republic to an alternative or they really don't care about government ...
maybe they will in a few years when there are even less jobs

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
it was a try. i don't think it is a complete failure but it doesn't look good for iranian people again.

i guess maybe a lot of people prefer the islamic republic to an alternative or they really don't care about government ...
maybe they will in a few years when there are even less jobs
I think many just dont care, most iranians, only care for themselves... there is an Exchange place here in Vancouver, its very famous for sending/receiving money to/from Iran. Yesterday, there was a HUGE lineup infront of it, I say maybe over 2 hours wait, people trying to get their money out of Iran! I honestly think alot of people living in Canada (not sure about other countries) actually want IR to stay, as this is their source of income.

Payandeh Iran

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Ooj badbini by me:

Trump will annul the 5+1 agreement and then hardliners led by Sepah will put pressure on Hassan Kilid government saying internally government doing shit (economy, unrest, ...) and Barjam (foreign policy dastavard) is ignored by US proving once again that Imperialist Capitalist Great Satan can never be trusted. He will resign, Sepah will take over.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
Ooj badbini by me:

Trump will annul the 5+1 agreement and then hardliners led by Sepah will put pressure on Hassan Kilid government saying internally government doing shit (economy, unrest, ...) and Barjam (foreign policy dastavard) is ignored by US proving once again that Imperialist Capitalist Great Satan can never be trusted. He will resign, Sepah will take over.
That’s a very bad case scenario. But Trump cannot unilaterally annul the 5+1 agreement and Sepah cannot ask and hope for new sanctions against them as they need money to survive hence becoming president for now is not in their interest. I still believe in Rouhani coming out stronger and hence also IR and maybe in 3 years time a friendly face of Sepah taking over as president. Think of AN just a bit more competent in what he does.

May 21, 2003
Not The Eshaalic Goozpublic !
I think many just dont care, most iranians, only care for themselves... there is an Exchange place here in Vancouver, its very famous for sending/receiving money to/from Iran. Yesterday, there was a HUGE lineup infront of it, I say maybe over 2 hours wait, people trying to get their money out of Iran! I honestly think alot of people living in Canada (not sure about other countries) actually want IR to stay, as this is their source of income.
totally agreed. I saw a lot of Iranians on lonsdale Avenue in North Van last summer. A lot looked like fresh off the boat and we sat in Zeyton chelo kababi balcony and they walked up and down just in Iran listening to them most seemed pro IR people.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
totally agreed. I saw a lot of Iranians on lonsdale Avenue in North Van last summer. A lot looked like fresh off the boat and we sat in Zeyton chelo kababi balcony and they walked up and down just in Iran listening to them most seemed pro IR people.
Yeah man, i have been living here for over 20 years, and I have never seen sooooo many Pro-regime people ... TONS AND TONS of them, and they all have houses well over 2-3 millions dollars and high end cars. very sad ...

I dont want to sound pessimistic, but i don't think this movement is going anywhere, and my main reason is, there is no LEADER behind it...

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I dont want to sound pessimistic, but i don't think this movement is going anywhere, and my main reason is, there is no LEADER behind it...
The main reason is that IRI has way too big of base that still supports it.

if IRI support-base gets down to 10% it still becomes practical to force it out.

my own hypothesis, thus far IRI has been able to adapt and keep its minimum power base. if it ever stops adapting. it will starting losing support rapidly and it will fall apart.

however, if it continues its metamorphosis, there will be a day that it is called IRI, but it is governed more like turkey.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Yeah man, i have been living here for over 20 years, and I have never seen sooooo many Pro-regime people ... TONS AND TONS of them, and they all have houses well over 2-3 millions dollars and high end cars. very sad ...

shaayad ma bigheiratim ... mizadim dahaneshoon ro saaf mikardim :D