Stadium Azadi seats and repairs

zoozanagheh

Bench Warmer
Feb 6, 2005
Following TM staff demands and public & media pressure, repairs are finally being done to TM practice field (few months late nooshdaroo for the latest round of WCQ...). Now the focus is on the Azadi seats. Again the media has played a role to put pressure on officials to pay attention to this matter. As you know AFC doesn't allow spectators on the upper deck which is basically cement blocks and require proper seats for those section thus reducing Azadi capacity to less than half depriving TM from the needed support of its fans in the upcoming WCQ and international games.

Apparently Modabar who is in charge of upgrading the seats and was previously was giving two years to finish the job is now predicting that it will finish by Sep.

From today's 90:

[h=4]زمان آماده سازی استادیوم آزادی[/h] مدبر، مدیرعامل شرکت توسعه و تجهیز اماکن ورزشی با حضور روی خط برنامه نود درباره آماده سازی استادیوم آزادی و صندلی گذاری طبقه دوم آن گفت: ما برنامه مفصلی داشتیم و داریم. برای مقاوم سازی استادیوم در حال پیگیری هستیم و کار کارشناسی دقیقی در کل استادیوم در حال انجام است.
وی ادامه داد: شورای معاونین وزاتخانه دستور دادند این کار زودتر انجام شود و طیق این طرح صندلی گذاری انجام خواهد شد. نگرانی وجود ندارد و شهریور ماه این استادیوم در طبقه دوم صندلی گذاری خواهد شد.

http://www.varzesh3.com/news/1314848/%DA%AF%D8%B2%D8%A7%D8%B1%D8%B4-%D9%84%D8%AD%D8%B8%D9%87-%D8%A8%D9%87-%D9%84%D8%AD%D8%B8%D9%87-%D8%A8%D8%B1%D9%86%D8%A7%D9%85%D9%87-%D9%86%D9%88%D8%AF

and this what was said earlier:

هزینه نصب صندلی در کل طبقه دوم ورزشگاه آزادی چه قدر است؟ «مصطفی مدبر»، مدیرعامل شرکت توسعه و تجهیز اماکن ورزشی به این سؤال به***صورت دقیق جواب می***دهد: «پیش***بینی ما این است با توجه به قیمت هر صندلی که حدود ۳۰ هزار تومان خواهد بود، به علاوه هزینه***های پوشش پلیمری، چیزی در حدود سه تا چهار میلیارد تومان در این پروژه هزینه خواهد شد.»
تمامی ورزشگاه***های ایران در اختیار همین شرکت توسعه و تجهیز اماکن ورزشی است که به صورت مستقیم زیر نظر وزارت ورزش و جوانان فعالیت می***کند. مدیرعامل این شرکت البته مدعی می***شود که این کار حدود دو سال زمان خواهد برد درحالی***که پروسه ساخت کل ورزشگاه «امارات» در لندن (ورزشگاه اختصاصی و 60 هزارنفری «آرسنال») کم تر از سه سال زمان صرف کرد. تمام سکوهای همین ورزشگاه در 35 روز صاحب صندلی***هایی شد که همگی شماره و شناسنامه دارند.

درعین حال، مدیرعامل شرکت توسعه و تجهیز اماکن ورزشی آب پاکی را هم***روی دست روزنامه «گل» ریخت؛ مصطفی مدبر بهمن***ماه سال گذشته به این روزنامه ورزشی گفت: «بعید می***دانم وزارت ورزش چنین بودجه***ای داشته باشد.»

Here is an interesting report on how the funds are used for stadiums:

[h=2]طبقه دوم آزادی خالی می ماند؛
پول هست اما معلوم نیست کجا!
[/h]
https://www.iranwire.com/blogs/6283/7995/

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Thank goodness, it is about bloody time it sucks watching a game in that stadium and I have been there before. You can get back pain because 99.9% of them are broken, in the lower bowl. It was embarrassing, I am happy that the public and the media put pressure otherwise, nothing would have been done.

zoozanagheh

Bench Warmer
Feb 6, 2005
Thank goodness, it is about bloody time it sucks watching a game in that stadium and I have been there before. You can get back pain because 99.9% of them are broken, in the lower bowl. It was embarrassing, I am happy that the public and the media put pressure otherwise, nothing would have been done.
Well they are giving promises, who knows if they actually do it in a timely manner!
I am not sure if they would do any upgrade to the lower deck seats, their focus is on upper deck which does not have seats.

When were you at Azadi? what game were you attending? How did you like the atmosphere? I heard awful things about bathroom situation, hope you did not have to use them!