Stock/commodities Discussion

Feb 4, 2005
WTF!!!

Want to get a sense of how eager investors are to buy into a runaway stock market? Then look no further than the insane action recently in little known Texas-based health care tech company Signal Advance (SIGL).

Shares of the company at one point late last week were up 1,500% over a 24-hour period, points out Deutsche Bank strategist Jim Reid. It brought Signal Advance’s market cap to $100 million from $7 million during that stretch. The wild move to the upside follows a Jan. 7 tweet (below) from Tesla founder Elon Musk to “Use Signal.”

What Musk was referencing, however, was for people to use WhatsApp rival messaging platform Signal. That Signal is not a public company. And Signal Advance was clearly not top of mind for Musk.

Oddly, despite what is clearly a case of mistaken ticker identity shares of Signal Advance gained 332% on Monday. Signal Advance didn’t return Yahoo Finance’s request for comment on its stock price movement.

FUCK. I had heard of Signal a while back and searched for them only to stumble upon the same "wrong" company (Signal Advance). At the time, I wondered if a Signal IPO could result in the same mistake being made. And here we are.

What gets worse is the vast majority of Signal Advance employees and shareholders did not take advantage of this once in a lifetime windfall to cash out. It's fucking painful to watch.

Oct 18, 2002
WTF!!!

Want to get a sense of how eager investors are to buy into a runaway stock market? Then look no further than the insane action recently in little known Texas-based health care tech company Signal Advance (SIGL).

Shares of the company at one point late last week were up 1,500% over a 24-hour period, points out Deutsche Bank strategist Jim Reid. It brought Signal Advance’s market cap to $100 million from $7 million during that stretch. The wild move to the upside follows a Jan. 7 tweet (below) from Tesla founder Elon Musk to “Use Signal.”

What Musk was referencing, however, was for people to use WhatsApp rival messaging platform Signal. That Signal is not a public company. And Signal Advance was clearly not top of mind for Musk.

Oddly, despite what is clearly a case of mistaken ticker identity shares of Signal Advance gained 332% on Monday. Signal Advance didn’t return Yahoo Finance’s request for comment on its stock price movement.
Its the all Uber Amatuers who have poured into the market since 2010.
Similar things have happened almost every year.

but hey the Fed just keeps throwing money at the market and it just keeps going higher.

Ron Paul was not that far off about the menace of the Fed.

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
I have found my two new favorite pawns, GM and Ford @NYSE.
Have left the Tesla behind, am done trading Tesla, IMO it's not possible to milk it anymore in the short term and in addition the vertical drop starting to get way too too risky!
Old faithful gyp Netflix still rocking, bringing in sweet money daily, keep and trade!