Stock/commodities Discussion

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
tse has been sizzling hot in the past couple of years.
if you have rials in iran you must be invested in tse.
2 year chart.
Found another link you have no idea about ha? I've got some money there (it's been there for 7years. way before the hype started last year). Do you? Don't put any money there now. It's bubblier than dish soap now.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Funny thing is, it hasn't even been that great after 7 years for me. In dollar terms I've made 4% compounded annually which is pretty crappy compared to S&P
Believe me. I know. I bought an orchard years ago when $ was 800,000 toman. I recently got rid of it and everybody was like fuck you are up so much. It turned out I was up only 3% per year not to mention some of the funds got stuck there and lost its value due to the plunge of the Rial. At the end of the day it is a lost cause for people living in the west to invest there.

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Believe me. I know. I bought an orchard years ago when $ was 800,000 toman. I recently got rid of it and everybody was like fuck you are up so much. It turned out I was up only 3% per year not to mention some of the funds got stuck there and lost its value due to the plunge of the Rial. At the end of the day it is a lost cause for people living in the west to invest there.
It's moronic. I've tried so hard to explain this to my own closest family members and they seldom understand. My own grandma thinks I've been stupid not to buy the apartment adjacent to hers because it's now worth multiple billion tomans :) Even with all the recent "gains", I would've lost close to $20,000 by now had I bought it a few years ago, so a complete wash. Not to mention the pain of maintaining the damn thing and dealing with possible renters who never take kindly to rent-increase in a country with 50% annual inflation.

Oct 18, 2010
if you are invested in tse and made less than 30% annually in
the past 2 years you have a couple of options:

1. if you are using a broker to help with your investments then switch and get a new broker.
2. if you are making your own picks then stop and invest in cds since you are no good at it.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
if you are invested in tse and made less than 30% annually in
the past 2 years you have a couple of options:

1. if you are using a broker to help with your investments then switch and get a new broker.
2. if you are making your own picks then stop and invest in cds since you are no good at it.
Do you use the tomans that you received at the Tehran Airport? You are the Iranian Warren Buffet.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
if somebody had a way of managing it. investing in prime agro land near iran's biggest rivers is a winner for the long term.

it is just that management is bitch all these lands are disrupted left and right by folks.

Example: My Grand Pa worked in Abadan. bought a land.

appointed his dad to work on it.
bought another and put his uncle to work on it.

When Eslahat Arzi happened the sister and cousin claimed that their fathers were
رایت
and they are entitled to their share.

Even when are not disputed your neighbor is trying to steal your land. if you are not there once a week it is not practical to own it.

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
Tesla on the verge of joining S&P500, let say $1700 whitin a month, taking into account it was down to $366 in the mid-march.

Damn, cant understand why I always ignored Amazon, must be cuz of that ugly countenance of Bezoz.
Now, Bezos's even richer than before his divorce from the ex-wife and Musk celebrates rate-intoxication running around having his red short-pants on as the world’s most valuable car company with a $210 billion valuation.

;)

Last edited:
BT are you talking about the ARK Innovation ETF?
No I mostly hold Canadian ETFs (that hold underlying US or global assets) as they provide a tax advantage to the Canadian investor. There are probably similar UK ones. Make sure you choose one with enough volume/market cap. I generally don't go with anything less than $1 Billion, but sometimes I make an exception.

This market is truly perplexing.

no material change at tesla since beginning of the year

and the stock is up 300% year to date.
I read somewhere the Nasdaq and stocks like Tesla are riding on a new wave of retail investor money that had already started to pour in last year but almost quadrupled when the market tanked in March. Apparently lots of young investors were waiting for a crash to start going "all-in". It's hard to believe retail investors could make any difference, but it does provide an explanation to the insanity that you rightly called perplexing.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I read somewhere the Nasdaq and stocks like Tesla are riding on a new wave of retail investor money that had already started to pour in last year but almost quadrupled when the market tanked in March. Apparently lots of young investors were waiting for a crash to start going "all-in". It's hard to believe retail investors could make any difference, but it does provide an explanation to the insanity that you rightly called perplexing.
I buy that for Nikola for sure. the so called low-information retail guy buying a company that has only produced renders and CGI.

I can also see why they pushed tesla up. but at some point i would have thought short interest would have crushed them.

Tesla might take a short dive after S&P 500 inclusion and then gradually go up a bit higher.

Also don't forget, the Chinese stock market has exploded again in the last year or so and many investors there still remember the bloodbath of a few years ago so they cash in on their profits and buy US equity for safety. Hong Kong investors are also moving money out at record pace.

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
This is more for those who feel confused "completely baffled" about how the Tesla-share is behaving and how it has developed in recent months.
See, what the vehicle manufacturer Ford spits out during a lunch break is what Tesla hardly manufactures for a year, laughable, right?
Anyway and as I have written before this is not the important issue, the value of the Tesla-share "sick, yes it is" belongs to the future, only sky is the limit.
The market is volatile more than ever right now, for me it is absolutely forbidden to be in possession of any shares at all or a share like Tesla over a weekend, I repeat...... sell, cashin' in and leave "gain or loss" on a Friday afternoon!

In my opinion, old-timers should update their outdated "know-how" long-term investment gibberish sooner rather than later.

Warning for Boeing & Facebook!
Amazon..... still cant understand the hype!
Re-evaluating my harsh opinion on Netflix, could think of daily holdings of its share again.
Spotify, big YES!
Tesla's imaginary value in a year from now could be $2-2,8K/share.
Enbridge Inc, my favorite share for all inactive long-termers.
And remember that, the impetuous rocket shares historically have a downside of as much as 30%.

A good read is the story of how Ford with its GT40 broke Ferrari's streak in 1966, defeated Ferrari and went on to win the next three annual races 1967-69 in Le Mans 24 hours.
The key to success was combination unlimited access to funds, great engineers and by all means the wizard himself, Ken Miles.

When Ford GT40 defeated Ferrari @ Le Mans 1966

Tesla S P90D vs 700+ Ford GT
Back in Nov 29, 2015

Last edited: