Stock/commodities Discussion

Feb 4, 2005
WTF!!!

Want to get a sense of how eager investors are to buy into a runaway stock market? Then look no further than the insane action recently in little known Texas-based health care tech company Signal Advance (SIGL).

Shares of the company at one point late last week were up 1,500% over a 24-hour period, points out Deutsche Bank strategist Jim Reid. It brought Signal Advance’s market cap to $100 million from $7 million during that stretch. The wild move to the upside follows a Jan. 7 tweet (below) from Tesla founder Elon Musk to “Use Signal.”

What Musk was referencing, however, was for people to use WhatsApp rival messaging platform Signal. That Signal is not a public company. And Signal Advance was clearly not top of mind for Musk.

Oddly, despite what is clearly a case of mistaken ticker identity shares of Signal Advance gained 332% on Monday. Signal Advance didn’t return Yahoo Finance’s request for comment on its stock price movement.

FUCK. I had heard of Signal a while back and searched for them only to stumble upon the same "wrong" company (Signal Advance). At the time, I wondered if a Signal IPO could result in the same mistake being made. And here we are.

What gets worse is the vast majority of Signal Advance employees and shareholders did not take advantage of this once in a lifetime windfall to cash out. It's fucking painful to watch.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
WTF!!!

Want to get a sense of how eager investors are to buy into a runaway stock market? Then look no further than the insane action recently in little known Texas-based health care tech company Signal Advance (SIGL).

Shares of the company at one point late last week were up 1,500% over a 24-hour period, points out Deutsche Bank strategist Jim Reid. It brought Signal Advance’s market cap to $100 million from $7 million during that stretch. The wild move to the upside follows a Jan. 7 tweet (below) from Tesla founder Elon Musk to “Use Signal.”

What Musk was referencing, however, was for people to use WhatsApp rival messaging platform Signal. That Signal is not a public company. And Signal Advance was clearly not top of mind for Musk.

Oddly, despite what is clearly a case of mistaken ticker identity shares of Signal Advance gained 332% on Monday. Signal Advance didn’t return Yahoo Finance’s request for comment on its stock price movement.
Its the all Uber Amatuers who have poured into the market since 2010.
Similar things have happened almost every year.

but hey the Fed just keeps throwing money at the market and it just keeps going higher.

Ron Paul was not that far off about the menace of the Fed.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Twitter and Facebook have seen $51 billion of combined market value wiped out since booting Trump from their platforms

Jan 26, 2006
Man imagine how far outside a real world wavelength you operate on when seeing people not taking advantage of a stupid mix-up in an even more stupid market situation is "fucking painful to watch".

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
I have found my two new favorite pawns, GM and Ford @NYSE.
Have left the Tesla behind, am done trading Tesla, IMO it's not possible to milk it anymore in the short term and in addition the vertical drop starting to get way too too risky!
Old faithful gyp Netflix still rocking, bringing in sweet money daily, keep and trade!

Oct 18, 2010
or he had inside info of some sort or a premonition!
buying 800 call contracts way out of money, he is making more money on his options :ROFLMAO:

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Virgin Galactic is another one of these Reddit stocks. I'm up 60% in a few weeks. If you follow the herd short term you can make some good dough. Just need to be not too greedy and cash out before the bust.

Jan 26, 2006
Virgin Galactic is another one of these Reddit stocks. I'm up 60% in a few weeks. If you follow the herd short term you can make some good dough. Just need to be not too greedy and cash out before the bust.
Yeah, AMC, Express, Blackberry, Nokia are the other ones from r/Wallstreetbets

But Gamestop is a special one for that message board because it is more of a symbolic "good vs evil" battle against hedge fund managers and some kind of ultimate historic short squeeze driven by an angry bunch of nerds who don't give up (they call themselves "autistic retards")

Up from 144 close price to 330 out of hours as we speak...

If it does over Thursday what it did on Tuesday then that kid who invested 50,000 is a multi-billionaire. Good for him

Oct 18, 2010
there are 2 theories on gme action:

1. online communities on tiktok and other chat rooms are organizing mass
action on the gme stock to 'stick it to the establishment'.remember we are
fresh off the boat of an insurrection in the usa that was supported behind
the scenes by some very very powerful folks.so they can rock the boat in
other ways if they choose to do so.

2. I quote one analytical explanation that I read somewhere else:

Let me explain one more time for everyone. This stock is in a infinite short/gamma squeeze with no way out until you get enough sellers at a certain price. It's a loop that only occurs once in a lifetime, and after this new guidelines will be written. So follow along. there is a float of 47 million shares. Cohen bought 13% and had the option of 20% which the float hasn't been adjusted. so lets say he owns 14 million shares because shares outstanding 70 million. Ok so the float is 34 million and this is the number to base everything off. The total shares short when last listed were 70 million. Then you have 2 million CALLS deep IN THE MONEY this is important. The 2 million CALLS represent 200 million shares and if the float is only 34 million then the CALL sellers are net short 166 million followed by the other 70 million shares which gets you at 236 million shares net short. So it's like a spring coil every time the stock goes up the CALL sellers need to delta hedge or buy shares to off set their CALLS, but they can't because really only 34 million available shares. So the stock goes up, CALL buyers buy even more shares, shorts cover some because price rockets. Then the price goes really high the longs decide to sell to lock in some gains causing the stock to go back down, but then when it drops the shorts start covering more causing it to go back up and the CALL Sellers are still way off on the delta hedge. This spring is in a infinite loop causing it to go higher and higher. The only way out because there is not enough shares to buy, is for the price to rise to such a level that people sell in mass. This won't stop until 3 things happen, and all three will cause the price so much higher than right now. 1st they can't short this and they need to cover in mass. 2nd they need to buy back these CALLS in mass and I mean maybe 200K total CALLS outstanding. 3rd they need to drop the short float to like 10-12 million or 30% or below. Lastly they need so many sellers and I mean like millions of people selling. The only way this stops is if everything comes to fruition, but the price is going to be SO much higher than now for these to happen. Gamestop could spit in everyone face when they walk in the door and it's won't matter because this stock is stuck in this insane loop.

Jan 26, 2006
BTW simple formula for all you money hungry folk is: use whichever tool you use (marketwatch etc...) to identify value shares, then check the online databases to find out which ones are shorted the most.

Unless this Reddit group and it's tiktok fanboys is shut down, they might continue doing this to stocks now..., at least until bubble bursts

Oct 18, 2010
i have been holding nok for 5 years with no gain and just the dividend.
looks like after gme and koss the 'robin hoods' are turning their attention
to it now.
i got a gtc sell order for $100 just in case :p

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
I bought and sold the AMC today and amazing how when I put in an offer to buy 1000 shares my order was bought in blocks of 25 and 27 and 32 and so on. Never seen anything like it. Buying and selling from a pimple faced 18 year old in his parent's basement. Too chicken to let it ride further.

Jan 26, 2006
I thought that when KOSS rocketed up from 3 to 11 yesterday that this was it, as the media had caught onto the Reddit group and usually these things burst once every Tom Dick and Harry joined in. Couldn't expect it going to 40 today.

People are riding this KOSS like crazy

Oct 18, 2010
and now the powers to be are getting involved.
they never get involved if average trader loses money :eek:

Yellen ‘Monitoring’ GameStop Market Activity, White House Says

U.S. Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen and the Biden administration’s economic team are watching stock market activity around GameStop Corp.and other heavily shorted companies, White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki said.

“Our team is of course -- our economic team including Secretary Yellen and others -- are monitoring the situation,” Psaki told reporters at the White House on Wednesday. She called the unusual trades in the video-game retailer “a good reminder, though, that the stock market isn’t the only measure of the health of our economy.”

A Treasury Department spokesperson declined to comment.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...onitoring-gamestop-market-activity-psaki-says