Stop this invasion nonsense

Silverton

National Team Player
Nov 6, 2004
lol.. we are still reliant on obsolete Soviet and Chinese technology ... in everything

Tanks - one Abrams tank system will destroy 20 Zulfiqar at a time or whatever Iran has to throw at them (no Abrahms tank has ever been destroyed in line of fire from an enemy tank)
Air - America would easily destroy all our MIGS etc. without us even being able to take off.
Navy - LOL I don't even think you need to go into any detail here ...
Army - Iranian soldiers, are not even close to having the latest equipment, training or anything that is even close to the American armed units.

The only chance Iran has to inflict SOME damage to American army is guerrila tactics, but that doesn't really determine the strength of your army, even an unstructured and weak Taliban army has guerrila tactics in place.

One word should describe all of Iran's equipments/ military components: OBSOLETE

lol, this is not even going to be close, I say give it 24 hour before Iran surrenders or the main components of its army is destroyed. I think you're being misled by the Mullah's rhetoric, they have shit.

world2005

Bench Warmer
Jan 5, 2005
lol.. we are still reliant on obsolete Soviet and Chinese technology ... in everything

Tanks - one Abrams tank system will destroy 20 Zulfiqar at a time or whatever Iran has to throw at them (no Abrahms tank has ever been destroyed in line of fire from an enemy tank)
Air - America would easily destroy all our MIGS etc. without us even being able to take off.
Navy - LOL I don't even think you need to go into any detail here ...
Army - Iranian soldiers, are not even close to having the latest equipment, training or anything that is even close to the American armed units.

The only chance Iran has to inflict SOME damage to American army is guerrila tactics, but that doesn't really determine the strength of your army, even an unstructured and weak Taliban army has guerrila tactics in place.

One word should describe all of Iran's equipments/ military components: OBSOLETE

lol, this is not even going to be close, I say give it 24 hour before Iran surrenders or the main components of its army is destroyed. I think you're being misled by the Mullah's rhetoric, they have shit.
1. you are not a iranian.
2. you are not a expert.
3. we have 20 milion basij!
4.you are a MKO member.
5.remember the iraniraq war and go make your homework.

Feb 14, 2006
Baba Silverton some Persian Pride man. Damn!
Anyway a couple of shahab missiles and a few Tor's will sort the middle east.

P.S. sakht nageer

Silverton

National Team Player
Nov 6, 2004
Baba Silverton some Persian Pride man. Damn!
Anyway a couple of shahab missiles and a few Tor's will sort the middle east.

P.S. sakht nageer
Fuck Persian pride. This is called reality. Iran will get its ass handed to them, by U.S or Israel. It's easy for them to do man. Pride is knowing your limits and not risking your nation for bullshit ideology. Your pride is defending a regime who wants to destroy the Persianness of our country and replace it with Husaynism err. Shiaism?

Mr Thick

IPL Player
Oct 21, 2002
Actually Irans military is not as BS as you think it is. They have kept the best for last and is top secret, dont doubt that.

In any case, if we were to be bombed/invaded simultaneously from Israel/US together we would be in deep ****, especially in the air where we would be basically handicapped.

AliMR

Bench Warmer
Mar 25, 2005
silverton is right, fuck persian pride! i rather stick to our usual persian style bitching and repeating ayeye ya'as.

Silverton

National Team Player
Nov 6, 2004
LOL you hate this term. I wonder why?
Dude, I call you an IR-supporter, you don't say you aren't, so I continue to call you one. You call me a Shia-hater, I tell you I'm not, so stop calling me one. To me, Shias, Sunnis, Sufis, Jews etc. are all the same - as long as you don't have religious fanatics ruling the state, or the mosque .. than people can practise and choose whatever they want.

good luck with your slander endeavours.

Simply Ken

IPL Player
Mar 2, 2003
Whether the US has any military options against Iran, short of brandishing its nuclear weapons, depends on whether Iran is scared enough (or divided enough) to prevent it from adequately responding to any US attacks. Otherwise, the US has no realistic military options against Iran and the US military knows it as well.

No one in the US is even considering a ground invasion aimed at conquering the country. To be in position to do so, the US would need to institute the draft and do a lot of other things it is in no position to do right now.

Air strikes are easier said than done. While the US is more than capable of launching limited air strikes against a limited number of Iranian facilities, a more comprehensive target list would require various platforms and basing arrangments. Aircraft carrier in the Persian Gulf would be vulnerable and indeed one of the best signs the US might be up to something is if it pulls out its carriers out of the Persian Gulf. However, the more those carriers move away from Iranian targets, the fewer targets they can hit, especially in the initial days of a conflict where refueling aircraft would themselves be potentially vunerable. Some of the targets the US would want to attack are well defended and the US will lose some aircraft in the process. Others are largely invunerable to conventional bombs, protected by deep bunkers.

Once US operations against Iran begin, Iran will be able to launch retaliatory strikes and begin operations in several different fronts. I will focus here on a couple of them.

In the Persian Gulf, Iran will try to close the straits of Hormuz, sink a couple of tankers there to block the passage-way, mine the surrounding waters, and use its anti ship missile capablity to stop oil traffic from the region. Simultaneously, having blocked the Staits of Hormuz, Iran will have also managed to trap the US navy in those waters. Doing so, Iran will try to use swarming techniques to overwhelm the defenses of the US warships, while it be using its substantial anti ship missile capability to attack US naval vessels. US war games have shown Iran could succeed in delivering major blows to the US navy in the process.

At the same time, Iranian ground to ground missiles will be launched against US bases in places such as Qatar, Bahrain et al. Iranian strike aircraft will take part as well, although those would be vulnerable and Iran could suffer heavy losses relying too much on its air force.

As these battles wage on, Iran would certainly try to cut off the supply lines to US troops in Iraq and Afghanistan, while bombarding those troops through its ground to ground missiles. Iranian commandos operating in smaller units will also enter Iraq and team up with other Iranian assets to pick out the US forces in Iraq and Afghanistan.

There are other levers and other actions Iran could take to exacerbate the US position, and absent a ground invasion, time will be on Iran's side. The US would then be left with three options: accept defeat, threaten nuclear war, or institute the draft and prepare for a land invasion of Iran.

R_E_Z_A

IPL Player
Jan 16, 2004
Whether the US has any military options against Iran, short of brandishing its nuclear weapons, depends on whether Iran is scared enough (or divided enough) to prevent it from adequately responding to any US attacks. Otherwise, the US has no realistic military options against Iran and the US military knows it as well.

No one in the US is even considering a ground invasion aimed at conquering the country. To be in position to do so, the US would need to institute the draft and do a lot of other things it is in no position to do right now.

Air strikes are easier said than done. While the US is more than capable of launching limited air strikes against a limited number of Iranian facilities, a more comprehensive target list would require various platforms and basing arrangments. Aircraft carrier in the Persian Gulf would be vulnerable and indeed one of the best signs the US might be up to something is if it pulls out its carriers out of the Persian Gulf. However, the more those carriers move away from Iranian targets, the fewer targets they can hit, especially in the initial days of a conflict where refueling aircraft would themselves be potentially vunerable. Some of the targets the US would want to attack are well defended and the US will lose some aircraft in the process. Others are largely invunerable to conventional bombs, protected by deep bunkers.

Once US operations against Iran begin, Iran will be able to launch retaliatory strikes and begin operations in several different fronts. I will focus here on a couple of them.

In the Persian Gulf, Iran will try to close the straits of Hormuz, sink a couple of tankers there to block the passage-way, mine the surrounding waters, and use its anti ship missile capablity to stop oil traffic from the region. Simultaneously, having blocked the Staits of Hormuz, Iran will have also managed to trap the US navy in those waters. Doing so, Iran will try to use swarming techniques to overwhelm the defenses of the US warships, while it be using its substantial anti ship missile capability to attack US naval vessels. US war games have shown Iran could succeed in delivering major blows to the US navy in the process.

At the same time, Iranian ground to ground missiles will be launched against US bases in places such as Qatar, Bahrain et al. Iranian strike aircraft will take part as well, although those would be vulnerable and Iran could suffer heavy losses relying too much on its air force.

As these battles wage on, Iran would certainly try to cut off the supply lines to US troops in Iraq and Afghanistan, while bombarding those troops through its ground to ground missiles. Iranian commandos operating in smaller units will also enter Iraq and team up with other Iranian assets to pick out the US forces in Iraq and Afghanistan.

There are other levers and other actions Iran could take to exacerbate the US position, and absent a ground invasion, time will be on Iran's side. The US would then be left with three options: accept defeat, threaten nuclear war, or institute the draft and prepare for a land invasion of Iran.
Nice logical post thanks :).

pansari

Bench Warmer
May 24, 2006

Great Post.

Simply Ken, for defending Iran, im afraid you will be labeled as hezboli, IR supporter, shia supporter etc...

world2005

Bench Warmer
Jan 5, 2005
silverton. you are the most disgusting creature on this planet. how can a iranian say ''fuck persian pride''? i am verry sorry for you. you are not a iranian.

Silverton

National Team Player
Nov 6, 2004
Eyval

Silverton.

Fuck Persian Pride?

Fuck something, not my heritage.

You disgrace
Put context to my words, I said "Fuck Persian Pride" in that it's blinding people like you, we have a lot of work to do. Our nation right now has no pride, except its history, which is unimportant at this stage because we have learned nothing from our own history!

I refuse to be "full of arrogance/ pride" when I know lots of work needs to make Iran a great nation.

And dude, you're not Persian man ... you support a regime that wanted to destroy Khosrow's shrine, a regime that wants to name the Persian gulf into the Islamic gulf (Khomeini suggested this before), a regime that slaughters political prisoners in the dozens of thousands, a regime that prolonged a war that benefitted us not, a regime whose mullahs are pimps who sell our women, a regime that has made Iran a joke internationally, a regime that has done incredible damage to the brand name of Iran, a regime that has made our nation into hopeless drug addicts, a regime that knows no bounds in their hypocricy etc. etc. etc. ... Down with the Ayatollah Khomeini and his lackey Mullahs. Down with the Veleyat; down with religious popery.

Feb 14, 2006
Put context to my words, I said "Fuck Persian Pride" in that it's blinding people like you, we have a lot of work to do. Our nation right now has no pride, except its history, which is unimportant at this stage because we have learned nothing from our own history!

I refuse to be "full of arrogance/ pride" when I know lots of work needs to make Iran a great nation.

And dude, you're not Persian man ... you support a regime that wanted to destroy Khosrow's shrine, a regime that wants to name the Persian gulf into the Islamic gulf (Khomeini suggested this before), a regime that slaughters political prisoners in the dozens of thousands, a regime that prolonged a war that benefitted us not, a regime whose mullahs are pimps who sell our women, a regime that has made Iran a joke internationally, a regime that has done incredible damage to the brand name of Iran, a regime that has made our nation into hopeless drug addicts, a regime that knows no bounds in their hypocricy etc. etc. etc. ... Down with the Ayatollah Khomeini and his lackey Mullahs. Down with the Veleyat; down with religious popery.
Down with everyone yes?

Have you not realised yet that no government in the middle east can be average and conform to your baffling ideal?

O yeah what do u want, because all I have seen you do is moan moan and say such things like:

"fuck najaf and Karbala"
"fuck Persian Pride"
etc etc etc etc

You are insulting and a cynical boy.