Sucks to be a football fan in North America!

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
Appearantly Fox Soccer Channel and Gol TV wont show any SeieA and La Liga nomore. Some stupid Arab owned channel name beIN USA will show LaLiga and Serie A. This shit sucks I dont have dish nomore and Rai sport so now I have to watch my team on net which most of the time I will be at work. No DVR and HD quality nomore. CL and EPL are only things Fox will show and Gol Tv will only show Bundesliga. beIN is not a established channel yet and many cable company dont even have that channel, this would ne a shitty year not like it hasnt been so far as Palazzi forcefully wants Conte banned with no logic!
http://m.ktvn.com/default.aspx?pid=...anish-for-many-us-viewers?clienttype=rssstory

dariush-44

Bench Warmer
Oct 15, 2004
watching Italian players dive every 2 seconds and Barcelona and RM compete in a one-on-one horse race isn't the best action to waste 90 minutes of your life on every week.

I wouldn't stress it...2 resources will comes to your rescue:
firstrowsports (live)
footytube (highlights)

I would go as far as even canceling cable.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
Appearantly Fox Soccer Channel and Gol TV wont show any SeieA and La Liga nomore. Some stupid Arab owned channel name beIN USA will show LaLiga and Serie A. This shit sucks I dont have dish nomore and Rai sport so now I have to watch my team on net which most of the time I will be at work. No DVR and HD quality nomore. CL and EPL are only things Fox will show and Gol Tv will only show Bundesliga. beIN is not a established channel yet and many cable company dont even have that channel, this would ne a shitty year not like it hasnt been so far as Palazzi forcefully wants Conte banned with no logic!
http://m.ktvn.com/default.aspx?pid=...anish-for-many-us-viewers?clienttype=rssstory
heard about it...that was terrible news. nothing good has happened to world football yet because of qataris.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
These days if there is a football match somewhere with a camera pointed at it you can watch it, provided you have a reasonably good internet connection.

Try sportlemon.tv for one. There are plenty of links to matches you can watch on your pc. There are other similar sites.

Who needs to pay for cable and whatnot?

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
I still wonder how on earth Qatar will host the WC, shame on fifa. Doesnt all these rich Qataris has any other business idea rather than shitting on football, I mean there are many other ways to invest money like maybe some type of industry in the gulf rather than buying stars and teams and hosting WC. They should had bought Milan from Berlusconi, Not!
I guess streaming on net is my only option for now, but the problem is Im pre busy through out the days and had been watching games using DVR, I have no idea how to record a game when you streaming it on net. Plus none of those stream have good quality like HD on your flat screen. But atleast there would be enough EPL on TV now so I can enjoy Suarez diving and cheating every game! lol
Anyways if anybody has more websites, post them here please!

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
Fuck man. I heard.. This sucks ass. I will be missing the beloved Spanish league on Sats and Sundays.... Truly sucks.

Oct 18, 2010
no it doesn't suck to be a futbol fan in the us.we still get the best,most competitive and exciting league which is epl.la liga has only 2 teams that fans care about and the other 18 teams are just there to see which one of the 2 wins the league.the italian league is not even considered one of the top leagues any longer after all the corruption and match fixing scandals.the ratings must have been very bad for fox and gol tv to drop them.american fans are sophisticated and demand quality not hype.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
no it doesn't suck to be a futbol fan in the us.we still get the best,most competitive and exciting league which is epl.la liga has only 2 teams that fans care about and the other 18 teams are just there to see which one of the 2 wins the league.the italian league is not even considered one of the top leagues any longer after all the corruption and match fixing scandals.the ratings must have been very bad for fox and gol tv to drop them.american fans are sophisticated and demand quality not hype.
I know. I can't wait to tune into Swansea and Sunderland.

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
For those with ignorant comment needs to be quiet and go watch your league without coming here with stupid responds. Ive been Juve fan since before I could read, now I should change my team because some bandwagons fans here come out with their stupid typical british base comments. As a matter of fact hype is EPL and nothing else.
For your information there are too many Italians in east coast who follow SerieA day in and day out, and who doesnt want to watch Barcelona and Madrid?
Ive been watching enough football from all these leagues to know where Italian leagues is at right now and they are still up there with quality football and footballers. I enjoy watching Italian football ten times more than EPL games. Corruption is everywhere, in Italy has been a tool for some to point fingers at and many big players left but so many younger ones are replacing it. If you guys dont watch Serie A dont give comment on it, Ive been watching all three!

Arian

Elite Member
Oct 28, 2004
Seattle
I'm cancelling comcast and subscribing to directv just for beIN.

I'm super excited for Serie A this year. Juve is guaranteed to win the title, but the rest of the spots are wide open. Inter are rebuilding, so I expect a top 7 finish at best.

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
You guys are expected to do better than top seven, you guys are going for top three, but would be tough with Napoli, Roma, Lazio and Udinese. However Inter is one season ahead of Milan. Juve is favorite but they wont have the general screaming and yelling for full 90min on the side line, but seems like Carrera did enough of that in supercoppa. Also dont forget about this new Fiorentina with Montella and Atalanta.

R.BAGGIO

National Team Player
Oct 19, 2002
Toronto
I don't know if you live in Canada but 'The Score' showed Serie A matches every weekend last year from what I remember and good ones usually. I personally enjoy Serie A matches better than La Liga.

I am not sure about this year though...

Oct 1, 2004
I don't know if you live in Canada but 'The Score' showed Serie A matches every weekend last year from what I remember and good ones usually. I personally enjoy Serie A matches better than La Liga.

I am not sure about this year though...
The Score lost Serie A broadcast rights.

Oct 18, 2002
704 Houser
If you are a football fan or a sports fan in general, save yourself the trouble and subscribe to Directv. In terms of picture quality and sports channels it has no competition. Sign up for cheapest package and add the sports pack. Get as much discount as you can in the first couple of months. Don't buy any new equipment and don't let them give you anything that will add months to your contract. Once your initial contract is up call and threaten to cancel. Their retention department will give you a whole bunch of new discounts.

dariush-44

Bench Warmer
Oct 15, 2004
I know. I can't wait to tune into Swansea and Sunderland.

while you're at it, there's also
[TABLE="class: vk_gy vk_txt"]
[TR]
[TD]

[/TD]
[TD]Real Sociedad
[/TD]
[TD="colspan: 3"]vs
[/TD]
[TD]Celta Vigo
[/TD]
[TD]‎-10:00 AM (PT)

[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Don't miss it, 10AM pacific time on August 25th.

have fun!

ps: coming from someone that loves everything about Espana wether it's traveling there, chatting it up with Spaniards, or eating some tapas. The reality is you have:

Chelsea/Tottenham/Arsenal/Man City/LFC/ManUTD/and plenty of other teams that will beat the ones mentioned on a good day.

Now for Spain, lets see: RM/BFC/Villareal or Valencia? <-- that's even pushing it