Technology Thread

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Iran Esteghlal Inter: I used to sell digi cams at Best Buy while Nikon's are great, nothing beats a Cannon EOS my friend. The camera will set you back around 3 dimes,$3,000 Las vegas wise guy slang BUT totally worth it! Tell me what you think of this vid, I am glad there is another camera buff. BTW some of the Karl Zeis lenses can set you back five dimes but we are talking professional quality here. Now the advantage of Nikon over Cannon is: if you get a new Nikon, the lenses are interchangable. With Cannon, you need to get new lenses but it costs to be the boss! Just my take both are fantastic: If you buy Nikon first, you swear by it and same is true for Cannon. If you want an entry level the Rebel costs under $1,000. BTW I have a point and shoot Cannon G9X retail $399. I took some killer shots on my safari to Kenya/Uganda, a few years back. As far as point and shoots go they are the best but Cannon's are not cheap.
[video=youtube;OMkpGgasbE8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMkpGgasbE8[/video]

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Android's creator, Andy Rubin, has been teasing his next big project for a while now, and today he finally unveiled everything: his new company Essential has a new smartphone, an Amazon Echo-like device with its own operating system, and a few accessories. Just another company trying to break into the smartphone market, surely, were it not for the creator of Danger and Android at the helm.

The phone has all the latest and greatest specifications, including an almost bezelless screen. It makes an interesting design choice by placing the front camera inside the screen at the top, which I'm sure most people will either not care about or deeply hate. I want to see the whole thing in person first, but I like that they at least try to 'own' this design choice. Another rather unique element is the ceramic back, which is a material choice we'll probably see more of over the coming years.

https://www.essential.com/

Oct 18, 2010
the mother of all airplanes rolled out for fueling tests.

[video=youtube;6ez2MDjRbzs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ez2MDjRbzs[/video]

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
iPhone X is out ... cutting edge tehcnology , Wireless charging and face recognition, who would think this would be ever possible ! APPLE did it again, innovation to the max !!! ..... NOT.
I agree with you however what else could we put on a phone ?

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
There is nothing wrong with Apple the largest device maker in the world to be behind others.

largest companies should always move last.

what's annoying is their marketing. their product is quite alright. and more power to folks are willing to dish out 900-1000 bucks so apple can make a 40% margin on its products.

Nov 24, 2002
I have Samsung galaxy S6 and the battery is shit, i mean it was really shit from the first day and now it got worst. I was an iPhone user for many years and some people convinced me to switch it, but man i can't stand the crappy battery thing. My old iPhone had much better battery life compare to my new galaxy S6 when it was out, imagine!

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
I have Samsung galaxy S6 and the battery is shit, i mean it was really shit from the first day and not it got worst. I was an iPhone user for many years and some people convinced me to switch it, but man i can't stand the crappy battery thing. My old iPhone had much better battery life compare to my new galaxy S6 when it was out, imagine!
S7 edge battery life is insane!

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I have Samsung galaxy S6 and the battery is shit, i mean it was really shit from the first day and not it got worst. I was an iPhone user for many years and some people convinced me to switch it, but man i can't stand the crappy battery thing. My old iPhone had much better battery life compare to my new galaxy S6 when it was out, imagine!
There is no question that Iphone has one of best in class battery life times. but some of that is simply dude to the fact that is less RAM and is under-powered.

In Modern day there is really no reason to go with Samsung or Iphone expensive $hit. just go with something a little cheaper.
say the moto G5. battery life is plenty good enough. it has google search, as opposed that rubbish called siri.

in 90% of the countries you go to you will have better app support.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
It only took 10 years for apple to add farsi as first class citizen to their keyboard. this is while windows and Android have had it for years.

finally we can type پس برو گمشو in a reasonable way!
http://www.bbc.com/persian/arts-41342986

لاخره شرکت اپل صفحه کلید فارسی را هم به امکانات گوشی***های هوشمند آیفون و تبلت***های آی***پد اضافه کرد. در نسخه جدید سیستم عامل آی***اواس برای دستگاه***های همراه و هوشمند اپل امکان اضافه کردن صفحه کلید (کیبورد) فارسی فراهم شده است. باکلید جادویی "نیم***فاصله".

صفحه کلید جدید تمام حروف فارسی را دارد و دیگر نیازی نیست برای نوشتن کلماتی که در آنها حروف پ، ژ، گ و چ وجود دارد با نگه داشتن انگشت روی حرفی دیگر منتظر باز شدن پنجره جدیدی باشیم که این حروف را در آنها پیدا کنیم.

تغییر مهمتر اضافه شدن امکان استفاده از "نیم***فاصله" در متن است. از جمله نیم***فاصله در کلمات مرکب استفاده می***شود که دو بخش آنها از هم جدا اما نزدیک به هم نوشته می***شوند مثل "تخت***خواب"؛ یا کلماتی که با ادوات جمع، از حالت مفرد در می***آیند، مثل "تلفن***ها"؛ یا بین شناسه فعل مضارع و خود فعل، مثل «می***خوابم».

تولیدکنندگان تلفن***های همراهی که با سیستم عامل اندروید کار می***کنند پیشتر این امکان را برای تلفن***هایشان فراهم کرده بودند. اما اپل تا همین روز سه***شنبه که سیستم عامل آی***اواس ۱۱ را منتشر کرد، برای زبان فارسی و چند زبان دیگر از جمله اردو صفحه کلید مجزایی نداشت.

Toofan

Elite Member
Nov 14, 2004
Qom
www.toofan.org
S7 edge and s8+ have great battery life. Im on s8+ and really happy. S7edge had bettee battery but s8+ has 500mah mor then note 8.