Technology Thread

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
To the computer experts, I need your input. I need to save up and get a new laptop. When it comes to PC, the only laptop I had luck with, was DELL, my XPS just recently crapped out on me, after 4 1/2 years. Now my budget is between $500-11100, I do not want to spend more than that. I am debating between getting a basic cheap, Inspiron for around $540 or I can save up for a few more months and get an entry level XPS 15 for $999. I have tried HP and other brands, no such luck so I want to stick with Dell. What I love about the XPS is the keyboard is much better, the laptop is thinner and has a nice design, like the macbook pro, and the battery life is much better. The inspiron will only get you about 4 hours of battery life but with the XPS you get around eight, for those reasons I am leaning to the XPS. Also, even the base xps model will come with an I3 quad core. I appreciate your input thank you. If I get the Inspiron, I can get it by Christmas but I will need to wait a moth or so more for the XPS but I am willing to wait. Again, thank you in advance, if I do not respond it is because I am using my mom's computer and I do not have one at my home in LV.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
We can not give you any input if you have not provided what is ur usecase.

do you just want to browser the web?

do you want to play games?

do plan to run spread sheets, presentations?

or is this simply a laptop to be power youtube consumer?

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002

Exactly ....

Oct 18, 2010
if i had $1m pocket money i would buy of of these.
the guy doing the clip is a look alike of iran's #17.

[video=youtube;oueYxZmB_ro]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oueYxZmB_ro[/video]

May 9, 2004
if i had $1m pocket money i would buy of of these.
the guy doing the clip is a look alike of iran's #17.

[video=youtube;oueYxZmB_ro]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oueYxZmB_ro[/video]
خیلی اتومبیل زیباییه
رولز رویس یه شاهکاره
ولی دو درش بهتره

May 9, 2004
General jaan, shak nadaram pish kharid kardi . yeki ham vase maa bekhar.
نه داداشم رولز رویس داره
rolls royce (wraith)
من خودم از ماشین های اسپورت بیشتر خوشم میاد
من مکلارین 650 دارم
مکلارین سریعترین ماشین دنیاست البته بعد از بوگاتی
از صفر تا 100 رو کمتر از سه ثانیه و از صفر تا 200 تقریبا شش ثانیه میرسه که فرقش با بوگاتی زیاد نیست
از فیراری و لامبرگینی سریعتره

Attachments

The Phantom is a nice car, but 75% of its price is purely an insurance against most people being able to afford it.

The car is worth max $150K. It's simply a glorified BMW 750LI. You pay waaaay too much for the RR badge. I get the "want" part, but this has made RR quite lazy. Their car doesn't have any hugely distinctive feature.

And honestly, for that price tag, I would expect a more luxurious dashboard.

May 9, 2004
the phantom is a nice car, but 75% of its price is purely an insurance against most people being able to afford it.

The car is worth max $150k. It's simply a glorified bmw 750li. You pay waaaay too much for the rr badge. I get the "want" part, but this has made rr quite lazy. Their car doesn't have any hugely distinctive feature.

And honestly, for that price tag, i would expect a more luxurious dashboard.
تقریبا حرفت درسته
ولی فقط رولزرویس نیست اکثر علامت های تجاری هستند که نون اسمشون رو میخورن
مثل کارتییر cartier
louis vuitton
iwc
و غیره
چه دلیلی داره که یک ساعت که حتی الماس توش بکار برده نشده از قیمت یک سوپر اتومبیل بیشتر باشه
یا یک کیف زنانه قیمتش از یک ماشین تویوتا اخرین مدل بیشتر باشه
یارو لوی ویتون اومده یک دستبند مردانه که با چرم درست شده وزنش ده گرم نیست رو به قیمت 500 دلار میفروشه
که اگر حساب کنی میتونی با دو دلار مثل همون درست کنی
یا کارتتیر یک گوشواره زنانه که فقط 14 گرم وزن طلا و نیم قیراط الماس داره رو داره رو به قیمت 100 هزار دلار میفروشه
در صورتی که مواد بکار برده شده و مزد دست بهترین استاد برای ساختن یک همچین گوشواره ای نباید بیشتر از هزار دلار باشه !!!ا

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV

Ok let me clear those questions up
I want to to do more than just browse the web. I am not a heavy gamer but it is nice to have the option and I would like to get some music editing software. I also plan on using this, as well for presentations, spreadsheets so MS office would be god to go. I could just get a basic bottom line entry one if I wanted to just browse the web.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
look you are gone have to decide if you want to play games or not. because the price will make a big difference

These days getting a laptop with 16GB ram Quad Core under 3lbs is not a problem at all.

but if you wanne a good GPU in there it will cost an extra 200 bucks.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
but man if editing music and shit is just a myabe. just go with a chrome book. plenty powerful. and you have google docs and google slides for doing presentations. and they have added the offline edition as well.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
MS Surface is a fantastic device, cost much less than Mac, more power, better usability, lots more options. However, if you wanna run a studio, and record professional music, i think Mac has better choices. It really comes down to what you want to use it for :)

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
MS Surface is a fantastic device, cost much less than Mac, more power, better usability, lots more options. However, if you wanna run a studio, and record professional music, i think Mac has better choices. It really comes down to what you want to use it for :)
I agree with you but it is not cheap either unless you are satisfied with core i5, 8GB and 256 GB SSD ... anything above that becomes expensive. Great device though.