Technology Thread

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
This is the 2018 E 250 D-Should get an upgrade boost of 20HP to 190, fresh new look and I am projecting this to cost $60,000 new. My good friend got one two years old 2014 for $30,00 and my dad got one one year old 2016 for $45,000. If you wait a couple of years, you can get this one for $60,000 and I will probably sell my Camry in 4-5 years and still get $10,000. For $35,000-45,000 I can get my truck and for $30,000 the Benz, of course these deals are in cash. At least used it won't break the bank and it is very efficient on the gas.
For $75,000 max, I can get my nice truck and car that I will have for the next 8-10 years. I am planning on getting my Nevada Real Estate and then Business Broker's license. I cannot take my clients out to show houses on a truck or a Toyota Camry, that is what the Benz will be for. Then, when I want to drive around the city, drive four hours north to Brian, Head Ut and ski or go off roading, then I can take the 2500 Ram Cummins.
[video=youtube;kj1sglEOnfQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kj1sglEOnfQ&t=35s[/video]

Last edited:

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
ASUS were top two makers of motherboards. Haven't had any experience with their NB. I will check them out.

Still liking Toshiba's the best.

What would be ASUS version of a super portable I think they smaller units used ATOM CPU or comparable for a while.

I am planning to change mine soon, i heard lots of good things about Asus laptops.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Ok after thinking about it long and hard, I can have the best of both worlds. Rather than spending $2,000 on a 15" Macbook Pro, I can get that Dell XPS and then the Ipad pro 3, which now comes wiht a keyboard. What I love about the XPS is the laptop is just as light as the macbook pro, only the charger is heavier but that is not an issue. Keep in mind LV can hit over 115 degrees in the summer. Assuming next year or 2019, I go to Law School @ Sam Boyd UNLV, when you got to walk that mile to your classes, you want your backpack to be as light weight as possible. Those two to three pounds extra, feel like six to nine pounds in the summer desert heat. It is Dell's charger, which weighs more than apple's chargers but they have good battery life 8-10 hours no problem. All you do is make sure it is fully charged, when you go to sleep, and when you need to take it to class, you can easily leave the charger home. I am hoping to get at least four years of life out of this laptop and they are built of good quality.
I will definitely invest in a keyboard and screen protector, and get the glass one, not the cheap plastic. Thank you everyone you all gave good insights and inputs but with this plan, I can pay $1,000 for that XPS and get the I pad pro 3 for $700 and be good to go. As others mentioned, I can do music editing on windows and I have the i pad pro 3 as well. This plan will put an extra $300 in my pocket, which I can use to save up for my phone. I researched the ASUS, HP and other models that you all mentioned. As others, like Iran Esteghlal Inter jan pointed out, you cannot lose with an XPS. They have a great graphic card, 8 gb or ram, which is more than enough a quad core i 3 and since it is December, I might as well wait for Jan , for the 2018 models. Diegh I would be the world's biggest dumbass if I get the 2017 model now. Thank you everyone, playboy, bache tehroon jan A&K all of you for your inputs.

Last edited:

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
CES (Consumer Electronic Show) 2018 is here again, which means new products ....

[video=youtube_share;xif0bkpbjLw]https://youtu.be/xif0bkpbjLw[/video]

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
I am very excited I purchased the 2018 Dell XPS 13 and with my 10% military discount, I got it for $975. Rather than calling it the worlds smallest laptop, it should be the worlds most smallest and efficient laptop. It also won an award in CES for best laptop in it'els class. This weighs 2.7 pounds and has over 12 hours of streaming video battery life. They claim you can get over 20 hours. It comes with an int 8th gen Quad Core and they give you an I5 now. In the 2017 model, you got an I3.I have enough ram, 8 gigs and 128 gigs of hard drive, if I need more I can always get an eternal hard drive for $50 at frys. It has all of the specs and features I am looking for and it also comes with a nice graphics card. I can't wait until it get's shipped, at the end of the month.
No more having to use my phone to go on the internet. I am happy I kept it right at my budget $1,000 and there are plenty of good models at that price. As Iran Esteghlal Inter pointed out before, you can't lose with an XPS. I had the XPS 15 last time but I got the 13 because the 15 didn't have the 8th gen. If I ever want to stream a football match, I can always connect it to my TV. Every laptop/notebook is going to have it's pro's and cons. Since this or next year, I might be going back to school at UNLV, I need something portable and light weight. When it can get over 115 degrees in the summer, two to four pounds, feels more like six to nine, especially when you have to walk 1/2 a mile to a mile from the parking lot to your class. This laptop works for me and it is powerful enough that I can do music editing. My next question to the music experts here, which music editing software have you used, that you like or would recommend? . When I get my computer and switch to a higher speed internet, I can post some Slavic, Bavarian and Persian folk songs on youtube, merci in advance salamat.

[video=youtube;HPfjKPzitIQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPfjKPzitIQ[/video]

Last edited:

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
I am very excited I purchased the 2018 Dell XPS 13 and with my 10% military discount, I got it for $975. Rather than calling it the worlds smallest laptop, it should be the worlds most smallest and efficient laptop. It also won an award in CES for best laptop in it'els class. This weighs 2.7 pounds and has over 12 hours of streaming video battery life. They claim you can get over 20 hours. It comes with an int 8th gen Quad Core and they give you an I5 now. In the 2017 model, you got an I3.I have enough ram, 8 gigs and 128 gigs of hard drive, if I need more I can always get an eternal hard drive for $50 at frys. It has all of the specs and features I am looking for and it also comes with a nice graphics card. I can't wait until it get's shipped, at the end of the month.
No more having to use my phone to go on the internet. I am happy I kept it right at my budget $1,000 and there are plenty of good models at that price. As Iran Esteghlal Inter pointed out before, you can't lose with an XPS. I had the XPS 15 last time but I got the 13 because the 15 didn't have the 8th gen. If I ever want to stream a football match, I can always connect it to my TV. Every laptop/notebook is going to have it's pro's and cons. Since this or next year, I might be going back to school at UNLV, I need something portable and light weight. When it can get over 115 degrees in the summer, two to four pounds, feels more like six to nine, especially when you have to walk 1/2 a mile to a mile from the parking lot to your class. This laptop works for me and it is powerful enough that I can do music editing. My next question to the music experts here, which music editing software have you used, that you like or would recommend? . When I get my computer and switch to a higher speed internet, I can post some Slavic, Bavarian and Persian folk songs on youtube, merci in advance salamat.

[video=youtube;HPfjKPzitIQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPfjKPzitIQ[/video]
Mobarakeh.
However, i would have gone with a 256gb SSD.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Mobarakeh.
However, i would have gone with a 256gb SSD.
Merci but I have a solution for this problem. the cost of getting an external HD at Frys, for $109 is more cost effective than spending the extra $200 for the upgrade. Dell is trying to act like Apple, overcharge for upgrades like that. It comes with 4TB so you get up to 1,000 hours of digital video, 250 2-hour DVD movies, 320,000 digital photos, 16,660 hours of digital music. On Jan 31st, when USPS ships my laptop, I can go to Frys and pick that up, for $109, problem solved. There is always tax but active duty and veterans get a 10% military discount at Frys as well so I can get that for another $100. What is an extra C note, when you already paid close to a G note?
https://www.frys.com/product/8755531?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Last edited:
Nothing exciting ! Really all phones lost its WOW factor! I am on a 2.5 year old phone, and see no need to upgrade. I think only reason to upgrade is if you game on your phone.
Handheld phones are shitty devices with not much room to improve. I want freedom from the handheld, small screen prison. I want eye-embedded screens and body-embedded devices. That's where money and research should go to.