Technology Thread

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
I feel really furstrated about the Huawei ban. I think it is ridiculous. USA is behind 5G, and this is excuse to catch up.

I feel really furstrated about the Huawei ban. I think it is ridiculous. USA is behind 5G, and this is excuse to catch up.
It's not ridiculous at all. I actually cannot believe the US has allowed this level of penetration by Japanese, Korean and Chinese network-enabled technology already.

You can't have stuff like that if you want to remain the world's only superpower.

Oct 18, 2010
japan and korea are defacto american colonies so they are not a problem.
china is a rival if not an enemy yet so i can understand the usa not wanting
to be dependent on them for any technology.but trying to force the rest of the
world to do as americans and boycott huawei will fail and actually hurt american
companies like apple, cisco, verizon and at&t.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
It's not ridiculous at all. I actually cannot believe the US has allowed this level of penetration by Japanese, Korean and Chinese network-enabled technology already.

You can't have stuff like that if you want to remain the world's only superpower.
But such technologies don't exist by American companies. The only really 2 viable 5G network technologies are from Huawei and Erricson, where Huawei is far ahead of any company. This is not a healthy way of competing and I think ultimately they can't stop them.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir

Saw a post claiming asking Carter what went on at Guadalop meet and why Shah was removed. Claim is Carter responded Europe could not deal with Japan in the first place and Iran was becoming a 2nd Japan.

But such technologies don't exist by American companies. The only really 2 viable 5G network technologies are from Huawei and Erricson, where Huawei is far ahead of any company. This is not a healthy way of competing and I think ultimately they can't stop them.
The technology definitely exists and everyone knows about it. It just hasn't been mainstreamed by an American brand.

This is really no different than Europe fining Microsoft multiple times and forcing many government agencies to stop using Microsoft products until it made changes that increased transparency and fairness to competition. I would say Microsoft is 1000 times more honest a company than Huawei could ever be.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
Well Shah 's plan was to make oil byproducts he was purchasing from the west. He is on record saying Iran sells oil and purchases products at 3x from the west.

He wasn't getting into building toyotas as your comment may be interpreted as. Lol.