Technology Thread

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Merci Iran Esteghlal Inter jan but need it for music editing and live streaming my M.ED Secondary English at UNLV, soon John's Hopkins(Ph.d).I got the HP Pavilion, beefed up the Ram to 16 GB and replaced the slow 1tB HD with a fast Samsung 480 GB SSD. I can always get an external HD, flash drive or use a cloud device, if extra storage is necessary.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Now I understand that apple has some great music editing software but I also don't have over $2000 for a macbook pro. I would like to get a music editing software and I have a budget of around $500. For those of you who have experience in music editing, what user friendly software do you recommend?

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Now I understand that apple has some great music editing software but I also don't have over $2000 for a macbook pro. I would like to get a music editing software and I have a budget of around $500. For those of you who have experience in music editing, what user friendly software do you recommend?
Free
https://ardour.org

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Dastet dard nakoneh Iran Esteghlal Inter I bookmarked Lmms and Audacity. My roomate who played on the rival football team(small world) mentioned Rason.

• Reason is a digital audio workstation for creating and editing music and audio developed by Swedish software company Reason Studios (formerly known as Propellerhead Software).
He said normal price is $400 but on Black Friday you can maybe get it for $300. He has the light version but another friend has Reason and it is like having a professional music studio. You can create a composition on a Persian song and put a Russian beat and have a plethora of instruments to choose from. $300-400 won't break the bank.

I think NASA has been a detriment to space exploration for quite a while now. Budget or no budget, these guys have barely kept up. They've got thousands of employees doing very little for too long. This wasn't the case back in the 60s or 70s. The projects were big, ambitions ran high and people didn't occupy desks for no reason.

I hope this new "Space Force" thing that Trump introduced takes things to a different level. Of course it will be an arm of the military so it'll be mostly secretive which sucks.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I don't think on all Macs, low cost one to battle chromeos and low end laptops
the whole point is really to economics of scale. I am pretty sure in a year or two all macs will have it.

and maybe this is a way for apple to try to get foray in to hyper-scale cloud business by having a "Cheaper" more "power efficient" chip available
to be sold to Microsoft, Google, AWS the three big Hyperscale companies out there.