Technology Thread

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
the whole point is really to economics of scale. I am pretty sure in a year or two all macs will have it.

and maybe this is a way for apple to try to get foray in to hyper-scale cloud business by having a "Cheaper" more "power efficient" chip available
to be sold to Microsoft, Google, AWS the three big Hyperscale companies out there.
Gotta say, Apple processor is pretty impressive. Good for them.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
I never understood those who buy *OVERPRICED* Apple Laptop and then run Windows on it !!!
That makes no sense ....
but if you need few software that you might need, you could use parallel for those occasions.
However, if you are using 100% of your time in parallel, then there is something wrong.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I never understood those who buy *OVERPRICED* Apple Laptop and then run Windows on it !!!
defenitely far less use cases these days.

but pretty sure there are still gamers who dual with windows trying to squeeze every ounce of performance out their box that "virtualization might be killing.

but in business you might want things I need to boot in windows because the corporate image is the only that has the right certificate installed
that let it talk to corporate network.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I guess, I really never understood why people love Mac so much. Windows 10 has been by fart superior in my opinion and you still save money buying high-end PC laptop versus Apple!
I have to say Microsoft staying on windows 10 forever is a bit copy catting OSX

OSX has slightly better memory management and for reasons still unknown to the entire tech community, video rendering in Adobe Premier seems slightly faster/smoother in it. No one can pinpoint why this is. Other than that, the idea of using a Mac for computing needs has been a total failure for over 30 years now. It just never caught on and probably never will.

This new switch to in-house chips by Apple is more an Intel problem than anything else. Intel is gonna get fucked if the Apple chip really takes off. Intel shareholders should be very concerned.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
I guess, I really never understood why people love Mac so much. Windows 10 has been by fart superior in my opinion and you still save money buying high-end PC laptop versus Apple!
I can't personally use windows. Been using Linux for 2 decades now. Windows 10 is okay, and in each build is becoming better but still it is not my cup of tea. You have to use alternative to understand the difference. Most important thing is the speed, over time the system becomes slower and slower.
Mac OS is also in the same line as Linux but the reason I don't use it is the fact I just love Linux so much.

Last edited:

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
OSX has slightly better memory management and for reasons still unknown to the entire tech community, video rendering in Adobe Premier seems slightly faster/smoother in it. No one can pinpoint why this is. Other than that, the idea of using a Mac for computing needs has been a total failure for over 30 years now. It just never caught on and probably never will.

This new switch to in-house chips by Apple is more an Intel problem than anything else. Intel is gonna get fucked if the Apple chip really takes off. Intel shareholders should be very concerned.
Intel will have a lot of problems
1) the new generation of AMD Ryzen processors are amazing and if they are not better, they provide the same performance with less the cost. AMD is producing 7nm chips with TSMC but Intel slowly is moving to 10nm. The new benchmarks show that even the laptop processors are very competitive. Indeed AMD has caught up.
2) Apple move as you mentioned
3) The utter disappointment in the mobile market. I mean nobody uses Intel anymore.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I can't personally use windows. Been using Linux for 2 decades now. Windows 10 is okay, and in each build is becoming better but still it is not my cup of tea. You have to use alternative to understand the difference. Most important thing is the speed, over time the system becomes slower and slower.
Mac OS is also in the same line as Linux but the reason I don't use it is the fact I just love Linux so much.
a brave man who was willing to put wiht shitty sound. shitty codec and all that.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
so they doubled the ram and doubled the number of croes.

the GPU seems to be significant game changer.

Xbox one initially had the better game architecture, but they ended up being distant number two player 2 play station.

Have to see if they can overcome Studio intertia
Sony PS5 is just beautiful ... I love it.

Last edited:

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
I haven't had a console for ages. Do these things still require you to put physical disks or media in them? Do they still need to be wired to the TV?

Most of the games I play can't be played on consoles. PC gaming is still where it's at for me.
Games are available Digital or Physical, however, what do you mean do they need to be wired to TV? yes, just like anything else you need to wire via HDMI.
HOWEVER, if you have XBOX and Windows 10, you CAN stream your Xbox to your PC, I do this many times when I just cant take another episode of cheek shows!!! lol but yeah, works very well
overall though, 100% agree with you, if you are a SERIOUS gamer, PC is where its at.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Games are available Digital or Physical, however, what do you mean do they need to be wired to TV? yes, just like anything else you need to wire via HDMI.
HOWEVER, if you have XBOX and Windows 10, you CAN stream your Xbox to your PC, I do this many times when I just cant take another episode of cheek shows!!! lol but yeah, works very well
overall though, 100% agree with you, if you are a SERIOUS gamer, PC is where its at.
I love the fact that on Xbox everything is based on virtual machines.

If i was Mr. softie i would have invested further into game backwward compatablity via their virtual machine platform.