Thank you TM and Coach Queiroz

Oct 18, 2002
I love the way the team is playing. Sure we lost today. Shit happens to the best teams. But nothing can change the fact that Iran had been a great team for the past 5+ years. Gone are the days when we just kicked balls aimlessly from our 6 yard line, shitty passes and overall jungle ball. Finally we have a cohesive team and game plan. Now comes the reality and moment of truth. What will happen to this team? Most importantly what happens to Querioz? If we lose him as a coach (which is looking more likely by the day), I am afraid we will be back to playing old shitty football.
Anyway, Thank you boy and hats off to every single one of you.

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
Sad day not because we lost a game. It is sad because corrupt assholes will take over our football again for years to come. It is not because CQ's method is gone, it is because the methodology will be gone for a while.

This is not merely a battle we lost, it is a war we lost today.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
Dont worry the rest of losses in other regards in Iran will subdue this pain ... IR was banking big on this tourney win. They're scrambling how to fill the airwaves now.. IR flags turned into ass wipes once again.

Sad day not because we lost a game. It is sad because corrupt assholes will take over our football again for years to come. It is not because CQ's method is gone, it is because the methodology will be gone for a while.

This is not merely a battle we lost, it is a war we lost today.

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
Thank him for what??? did we win anything in 8 years??? or even reached any finals?? yeah he made our defense better but what else???
anyhow good luck!!!

Thank him for what??? did we win anything in 8 years??? or even reached any finals?? yeah he made our defense better but what else???
anyhow good luck!!!
He gave all he had to TM with no more to offer, same story as we witnessed it in Madrid. As long as those stars were winning he 'd be full of boasts and brags but once shit hit the fan he would not know what to do. if CQ stayed another 5 years there would be no difference in terms of winning something

May 29, 2018
He gave all he had to TM with no more to offer, same story as we witnessed it in Madrid. As long as those stars were winning he 'd be full of boasts and brags but once shit hit the fan he would not know what to do. if CQ stayed another 5 years there would be no difference in terms of winning something
FYI I can personally assure you, he was leaving even if we won the Asian Cup, this was already agreed upon and completed. And for the record, he will NEVER come back to Iran, will never coach again there and irrespective of what happens won't be our coach again even though this man loves Iran more than Iranians do.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
We didnt' win trophies with him but a more fluent and acceptable flow to our game is present. Which coach to your liking could have brought us the Asian trophy? and how?

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
IRI will hire a comparable name because they know how people are sensitive to TM as long as media and social media keep pressing and not settling for less.
$2M a year is not a bad salary, Iran is not worse than any African country, so there will be a credentialed coach with fair reputation and high ambition who agrees to comply with Iranian management. What I am afraid of is the usual circus, names coming out of the hat, and 6 months of time wasting.
My only hope is that the process of replacing CQ already started long ago. The bar was set by IRIB to win the Asian cup, so anything else was a CQ failure. Enough grounds to replace him. He also knew about this, and he was to go himself.

On top of lack of logistics or friendlies, we have a big problem in our player pool. We don't have an outstanding CAM, while our football has traditionally based the attacking plans on a CAM. Dejagah and Ebrahimi are old, both lack leadership, and Dejagah also lacks creativity. Ezzatollahi is defensive, Karimi is not mature yet.
We also need to fix right defense, IMO Rezaeian is constant liability. but we have options there.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Opens ISP

Reads garbage

Closes ISP
Mahdi jaan, you are a fan of CQ , someone might not be, it doesn't make their opinion garbage :)
As a general point and not taking aim at you, we Iranians have one major issue, as soon as we like a person, doesn't matter, footballer, coach, actor, president, king etc. ANYONE criticizing them, is Garbage! why? Everyone can make mistake! everyone including king can be wrong ! if we don't bring these up and just give them unconditional support, what happens? how would they know they need to give their best or else they lose their support?
Why is it a TABOO to criticize CQ? and more importantly, why is it so hard to tolerate others opinion without respecting them or calling them names? or make fun of their ideas?

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
anyhow good luck!!!
CQ gave TM all he had, and we should appreciate it, the issue with TM coach is very tricky as I mentioned before as well. I think many agree, CQ should have been replaced after WC 2014 with someone who can offer more, who can help us achieve next level goal, get out of our group at WC, make the final of Asian cup (if not winning it), however, the big PROBLEM is, no respectable coach comes to Iran ! I read the report today, they are talking about Zidane and Mourinho ! as much as I hate Jose, but he would be GREAT for Team Melli, he would is defiantly an upgrade from CQ, now all the CQ fans, would you say you rather keep CQ over Jose or Zidane? Kilnsman? I dont think so! would you keep CQ over Branko or alike? YES!

May 9, 2004
کیروش یک لول فوتبال ایران رو جلو برد در این سالها
این بازی اخری رو به حساب کیروش نگذارید
احمقی بازیکنان ما بود که تیم رو شکست داد او اشتباه بچه گانه که انگار در زمین خاکی بازی میکنند بود که باعث شد
شیرازه تیم از هم ببپاشه و همه شوکه بشن
کیروش برای همیشه در خاطره فوتبال دوستان ایرانی با خاطرهای زیبا خواهد ماند

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
One major defeat, with or without the cause, has to be put in the context of 8 years of better than deserving results, changing the way TM played, gaining back the lost respect, and a lot of convincing wins in Asia.

This is about the best our football can offer at this point, if we don't want to delude ourselves. Our league is getting better but is not even close to top leagues in Asia, our stars at their best form play for mediocre teams in Europe, our sport media are destructive as sum, our major clubs are run by tugs and corrupts, our youth planning has failed except for spot occasions, our domestic managers are bunch of idiots, our sport science and medicine are primitive at best, and we are a disarrayed society with broken economy under sanctions, decades of mismanagement and political turmoil.

So when I read our friends say "success in Asia is winning cups or advancing to the second round in the WC", I have to agree. But I have to also say we are not prepared for that success coming short at different levels. As a manager however, CQ did the best with what he had, which is the definition of success IMO.

The partial but yet valuable achievements we had in Asia including going to back to back WCs, good results in WC 2018, making it to top 4 in AC after so many years of poor shows, restarting the wave of transfers to Europe, keeping the Iranians interested in TM, dominating the FIFA ranking and therefore giving our weak clubs maximal points to represent 3-4 in continental championship; are not necessarily stemming from a strong domestic football foundation. I think we owe them to the greenhouse program CQ started in our football desert, and to keeping this program constantly alive for 8 years (something totally unIranian!).

Regardless of judging CQ for good or bad, we now disrupted 8 years of consistency.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
One major defeat, with or without the cause, has to be put in the context of 8 years of better than deserving results, changing the way TM played, gaining back the lost respect, and a lot of convincing wins in Asia.

This is about the best our football can offer at this point, if we don't want to delude ourselves. Our league is getting better but is not even close to top leagues in Asia, our stars at their best form play for mediocre teams in Europe, our sport media are destructive as sum, our major clubs are run by tugs and corrupts, our youth planning has failed except for spot occasions, our domestic managers are bunch of idiots, our sport science and medicine are primitive at best, and we are a disarrayed society with broken economy under sanctions, decades of mismanagement and political turmoil.

So when I read our friends say "success in Asia is winning cups or advancing to the second round in the WC", I have to agree. But I have to also say we are not prepared for that success coming short at different levels. As a manager however, CQ did the best with what he had, which is the definition of success IMO.

The partial but yet valuable achievements we had in Asia including going to back to back WCs, good results in WC 2018, making it to top 4 in AC after so many years of poor shows, restarting the wave of transfers to Europe, keeping the Iranians interested in TM, dominating the FIFA ranking and therefore giving our weak clubs maximal points to represent 3-4 in continental championship; are not necessarily stemming from a strong domestic football foundation. I think we owe them to the greenhouse program CQ started in our football desert, and to keeping this program constantly alive for 8 years (something totally unIranian!).

Regardless of judging CQ for good or bad, we now disrupted 8 years of consistency.
Spot on ..... 🙏

In the famine years of our football with corruption at its peak he did extremely well.