Thanks CBS for your special about Sigheh but not a minute about the earthquake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashtar

National Team Player
Aug 17, 2003
yeh, thanks CBS (and the like) for genuinely caring about Iranians and for trying to inform your viewers about the urgent situation of Sigheh in Iran. Not a single minute of news about the earthquake in Iran today on any of the "major" stations. And they have the audacity to call it the "world news".

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
ashtar said:
yeh, thanks CBS (and the like) for genuinely caring about Iranians and for trying to inform your viewers about the urgent situation of Sigheh in Iran.
some1 feels insecure here after that REALITY show!;)

what r u talking about?check CBC and CTV news, they are all talking about EarthQuake.

EarthQuake and prostitution are both disasters. the unfortunate thing is earthquake recieves more attention than prostitution.:rolleyes:

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
in my eyes both are important to inform but Earthquake is Natural Disaster and pretty much no man can stop ti, well can build better houses but thats it , now SIGHE ... is B.S , i really dont understand how can we even have a WOMAN that is muslim, ISLAM is all in favour of men, and still women pray !!! i dont get it.

Women right is HALF men in court
Men can marry 4, but women only 1
Men can go screw who they want, if women do it "SANG SAAR"
i can go on forever

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
very true Pooya.
we can do something about prostitution,but we dont bc some horny pervert old so called religious guys up there,promote this for their own good.

Prostitution,sighe,4 wives,all these bs is not in Islamic rules. but stupid so called Muslim leaders "invented" this to legimitate their dirty lives.well thats my personal belief atleast.

ashtar

National Team Player
Aug 17, 2003
Niloufar said:
some1 feels insecure here after that REALITY show!;)

what r u talking about?check CBC and CTV news, they are all talking about EarthQuake.

EarthQuake and prostitution are both disasters. the unfortunate thing is earthquake recieves more attention than prostitution.:rolleyes:
What am I talking about? If you live on the West coast and haven't missed it yet, watch the "world news" on CBS, ABC, and NBC and see how much they talk about the Iranian earthquake. zero minutes.

One would think any "journalists" that truely care about Iranians to go out of their way to produce a special just to "inform" their viewers about the plight of Iranian prostitutes would at least care enough to spend a few seconds to inform their viewers about thousands of people losing loved ones and their livelyhoods in a matter of seconds to a natural disaster.

BTW, speaking of feeling insecure, some1 was quick to jump and act as CBS's appologist. ;)

ashtar

National Team Player
Aug 17, 2003
Niloufar said:
very true Pooya.
we can do something about prostitution,but we dont bc some horny pervert old so called religious guys up there,promote this for their own good.

Prostitution,sighe,4 wives,all these bs is not in Islamic rules. but stupid so called Muslim leaders "invented" this to legimitate their dirty lives.well thats my personal belief atleast.
If you think prostitution is something new that was "invented" by so called Muslim leaders then you need to learn a thing or two about history and sociology. :)

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
Pooya said:
in my eyes both are important to inform but Earthquake is Natural Disaster and pretty much no man can stop ti, well can build better houses but thats it , now SIGHE ... is B.S , i really dont understand how can we even have a WOMAN that is muslim, ISLAM is all in favour of men, and still women pray !!! i dont get it.

Women right is HALF men in court
Men can marry 4, but women only 1
Men can go screw who they want, if women do it "SANG SAAR"
i can go on forever
Women listen to hip hop too... Haha... I dont get it either... It should be pretty obvious to them what religion is used for... Guess the brainwashing is pretty effective.

ashtar

National Team Player
Aug 17, 2003
Pooya said:
Really? so because earthquake is a natural disaster that justifies CBS spending no time in its "world news" informing its viewers about it? Build better houses is all that can be done? really? How about informing the viewrs and showing some images to appeal to the viewers sense of humanity and compassion so that they would try to reach out and help the survivors through international relieve organizations. Or the very least try to bring the viewers closer to the people accross the globe by appealing to their sense of commonality in feeling hopless against the tragedy of a natural disaster?

But I guess as long as you see your political bias get its coverage your happy and could care less. So keep on thanking them.

ashtar

National Team Player
Aug 17, 2003
BTw, for those who seem to be confused about the purpose of Sigheh in society, sigheh is the equivalent of passing out clean needles to IV drug users in some European countries.

When some public health officials support passing out clean needles or setting up clean drug clinics it doesn't mean that either they are dope dealers or that they condone the practice of drug use. It means that they recognize the existance of a certain social reality and try to prevent worsening an already bad situation by pretending that it doesn't exist or forcing it to go under-ground by simply making it illegal.

By the same tocken proponents of Sigheh recognize a certain social reality which has been labeled "the oldest occupation in the world." Men willing to pay for a woman's attention and women willing to give that attention by getting paid have existed independent of any religion and long before Islam or Shiism.

For centuries and centuries and to this day most societies either tried to ignore the situation (by pretending it doesn't exist) or tried to solve it by force and passing laws that would make the act illegal. Thus for centuries and centuries the prostitutes have been the lowest class of society simply without any legal rights while the men who paid them or their pimps could get away with abusing them, torturing them, beating them, not paying them, and simply getting away with it because the society had chosen to act like the problem doesn't exist.

In this situation comes the idea of Sigheh which says wait a minute. If men are contributing to this social dilema why not make them take responsibility for their action by making the whole thing legal. By making the act legal, the man can no longer take advantage of the woman and not take any responsibility for his action. The woman will feel safer and less chance of being abused by other men. If there ever is a baby borne in this situation there will always be documentation as who the parents are. And last but not least, a woman can no longer accuse a man of raping her after she has signed a paper in front of a witness and agreed to have sexual relations with that man.

Again, just as the proponents of a clean-needle program doesn't necessarily support drug use, the proponents of Sigheh don't necessarily support the idea of extramartial affairs but rather, they both recognize the reality of existance of a social problem that needs to be recognized and dealt with instead of ignored or simply dismissed.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Ashtar jan,
are u talking about CBS?!! cuz CBS is an American channel and it was Canadian channel,CBC that showed the documentary.
Im watching CBC now and in their news,they showed Iran's Earthquake.
its always good to not jump on bandwagon!!

zoozanagheh

Bench Warmer
Feb 6, 2005
It seems like you are somehow upset by the documentary that made you to jump to conclusion:
1) CBC is different than CBS as Niloufar mentioned
2) CBS had a relatively good coverage of EQ (just showed a video clip few min. ago at 6pm evening news - west feed)
3) All the major cable news stations (CNN, FOX, MSNBC) have had coverage of the EQ since early this morning. At least CNN had it as a breaking news late last night.

Jan 26, 2005
I like the idea of sigegh a lot. It has created an opening for those disparate people that want to perform Jendeh bazi a means to do it without breaking any religious laws. In fact, I like the idea so much, that I think similar clauses must be created for, aragh khory, ghomar bazy, hogheh bazy, doozdy, and reshveghari. This way, you can do all that without breaking any of the religious laws. That way, these privileges won’t be confined for a select few.

Agha Shojaa

Elite Member
Nov 8, 2002
Canada
ashtar said:
yeh, thanks CBS (and the like) for genuinely caring about Iranians and for trying to inform your viewers about the urgent situation of Sigheh in Iran. Not a single minute of news about the earthquake in Iran today on any of the "major" stations. And they have the audacity to call it the "world news".
It's CBC that hurt your feelings...and not CBS!!!

Agha Shojaa

Elite Member
Nov 8, 2002
Canada
ashtar said:
Seems you are getting a lot of attention because bunch of us pointed at your problem and posted at the same time!

Oct 18, 2002
Antelope Valley,California
Water pond :
Provisions have already been made. It is called kolahe shari and is totally accepted in ishalic republic. We already know about sighe.any time you feel like aragh khori be salamati emam, see your local pasdar. Your haj agha at your local masjid can guide you through how to offer reshve. any masol can be example of dozdi. It is all assembled in a system caled ishalic republic.

Nov 29, 2002
LOL beechArreh ashtar realized about his stupid mix-up and is now too embarrassed to post.

LOL, Ashtar jAn, KEEP IT UP

WHAT YOU ARE DOING IS MAKING PEOPLE MORE ANTI-IRI AND EVEN ANTI-ISLAM DARE I SAY IT.

Your stupidity is mind-boggling.

Status
Not open for further replies.