The 2018-19 Champions league thread, Results, News & updates,All roads lead to Wanda Metropolitano,

takbetak

Elite Member
Apr 27, 2006

Juve fans insult Mourinho: Man Utd boss hits back at journalist

https://www.calciomercato.com/en/ne...ho-man-utd-boss-hits-back-at-journalist-46323

08 November at 11:30

Jose Mourinho had the last laugh yesterday evening when his Manchester United side left it late to come back against Juventus and cause the Bianconeri their first defeat in all compeititons this season. Mourinho entered the pitch at the end of the match to gesture to the Juventus fans in an ‘I can’t hear you’ manner, cupping his hand to his ear.

Speaking after the game, in his press conference, Mourinho hit back at the journalist interviewing him when asked about his gesture and the Juventus fans: “Lack of respect? What disrespect? You speak Italian? You know they have offended, for 94 minutes, my mother? This is not disrespect? They have disrespected me.”

Speaking about his tie to the club as a rival, stretching back from his days at Inter, Mourinho said “During the ninety minutes I must forget my past. Ninety minutes are just Manchester United. It is they who have not forgotten, not me. We won against a super team. I'm happy because I won against a great team not because I won against an Inter enemy. We beat a fantastic team.”

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
I don't care what many think of JM and call him childish and full of himself. I like him a lot and think the game is much more entertaining with the likes of him in there. It gives character to the game and also he is really one of the best ever so it just adds that much to the competition. I am a fan of sportsmanship and nice friendly gestures but Juve fans also disrespected him so much and had that ass whooping coming!!!

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
Is Mourinho gonna get fined or suspended for that?! I found it pretty funny to be honest!

Why fined or suspended? So what he did that. It adds to sports and character of the game. I think it would be very dumb for UEFA to fine or suspend him for doing that. Coaches and players have to be able to get away with certain things and this certainly was not out of line. It was warranted and its a cool gesture he did that imo!

Last edited:

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Why fined or suspended? So what he did that. It adds to sports and character of the game. I think it would be very dumb for UEFA to fine or suspend him for doing that. Coaches and players have to be able to get away with certain thinks and this certainly was not out of line. It was warranted and its a cool gesture he did that imo!
I think they should be able to get away with a lot more. Like showing fingers to fans and even dancing in front of the opponent's bench. I don't know why everything has to be so pussified in football.