The 2018-19 Champions league thread, Results, News & updates,All roads lead to Wanda Metropolitano,

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
In case you want to know what's wrong with football and why it's better to bother about other things than football, this is exactly what's wrong.

Messi scores a goal, which for every other player, including "Rolando" would be part of their career highlight reel, and for him it's a goal he scores every now and then. He has made the extraordinary normal and mundane. And then people, instead of enjoying the greatest player of all time week in week out and thanking God for the privilege, talk about "achievements" like football is a dick contest.

There's one achievement Messi has that no one will ever reach: For Messi the extraordinary, the impossible, was just part of his daily job and routine. He did it every week twice. But LOL.
Life is about accomplishments. If Maradona didn't win the world cup nobody would have recognized him. That is a fact.

You could argue Ronaldo doesn't play as beautiful as Messi but Ronaldo is accomplishing more than Messi in his career and in the last 3 years he has been spectacular and that is why he has been the best player in the world. I am not a big fan of Ronaldo but as time goes by, I just think this dude performs everywhere he goes.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
^ it looks very doable, he's already moving in that direction and reaches out.. plus ball is just spinning without any real force toward the corner of his goal..
no doubt he's top two or three goal keepers but that ball was just meh..

Your buddy, the inhouse keeper aka eagle could have caught it ..lol

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
Life is about accomplishments. If Maradona didn't win the world cup nobody would have recognized him. That is a fact.

You could argue Ronaldo doesn't play as beautiful as Messi but Ronaldo is accomplishing more than Messi in his career and in the last 3 years he has been spectacular and that is why he has been the best player in the world. I am not a big fan of Ronaldo but as time goes by, I just think this dude performs everywhere he goes.
Cruyff didn't win a World Cup, Baconbagher did. Make an online poll, ask which football player had a bigger impact in World Football, 75% will say Cruyff.

Maradona didn't win half as much as Pele yet is by far more popular and known.

Baggio didn't win shit, yet in Italy he is more revered than any of the players that won the World Cup.

Case closed.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Cruyff didn't win a World Cup, Baconbagher did. Make an online poll, ask which football player had a bigger impact in World Football, 75% will say Cruyff.

Maradona didn't win half as much as Pele yet is by far more popular and known.

Baggio didn't win shit, yet in Italy he is more revered than any of the players that won the World Cup.

Case closed.
I partially agree with you, its NOT about lifting the trophy necessarily, but about having an impact, Cruyff played both for Ajax and Barca (among other teams) had huge impact on both of them.
I see Messi in Barca during Xavi/Iniesta days, and I say, WOW , best player by miles, but I see him Argentina and its another player! and lets be honest, he has not had that much impact once Xavi / Iniesta left ! I mean look how Barca is doing in CL once those guys left, look how Spain is doing once those guys left ?

Is CR better than Messi? I say if you give Xavi/Iniesta to Messi, and CR, Messi is 100% better, however, CR is probably better if given "avg" midfield players.
bottom line is, really hard to say who is better than who! enjoy them both ! I

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
I look at facts not emotions.
CR is the world player in the last 3 years chosen by coaches and experts. He had won 3 champions league where he had huge impact on every one of them. He had won Euro with Portugal where he had a leading role. He has made Juventus from a great team to a spectacular team. He has scored some of the most insane goals in last 3 years. He has improved his game with lots of work and practice. They said he had a fitness of 18 year old when he moved to Juventus. So if we put emotions aside, cause I like Mesii more myself lol, we can see there is nothing that Messi is doing better at this time. Sure Messi ball movement is amazing but everything is concerned, Ronaldo is kicking ass. For instance Ronaldo is scoring so many goals with header which Messi lacks.

Last edited:

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
I partially agree with you, its NOT about lifting the trophy necessarily, but about having an impact, Cruyff played both for Ajax and Barca (among other teams) had huge impact on both of them.
I see Messi in Barca during Xavi/Iniesta days, and I say, WOW , best player by miles, but I see him Argentina and its another player! and lets be honest, he has not had that much impact once Xavi / Iniesta left ! I mean look how Barca is doing in CL once those guys left, look how Spain is doing once those guys left ?

Is CR better than Messi? I say if you give Xavi/Iniesta to Messi, and CR, Messi is 100% better, however, CR is probably better if given "avg" midfield players.
Not better but performing better with better results.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
I look at facts not emotions.
CR is the world player in the last 3 years chosen by coaches and experts. He had won 3 champions league where he had huge impact on every one of them. He had won Euro with Portugal where he had a leading role. He has made Juventus from a great team to a spectacular team. He has scored some of the most insane goals in last 3 years. He has improved his game with lots of work and practice. They said he had a fitness of 18 year old when he moved to Juventus. So if we put emotions aside, cause I like Mesii more myself lol, we can see there is nothing that Messi is doing better at this time. Sure Messi ball movement is amazing but everything is concerned, Ronaldo is kicking ass. For instance Ronaldo is scoring so many goals with header which Messi lacks.
Let's get this straight:

Portugal won the Euro against 2 years later World Champion France with Cristiano injured in the final.
Argentina wouldn't have made it past Ecuador's youth team without Messi (or Iran, Bosnia and Nigeria at the World Cup). He still took that team to a World Cup final, where he had to deal with Higuain being in attack and Neuer not getting sent off, in a final they dominated.

As for as the voting is concerned, really LOL.

I could post 25 articles why individual awards in team sports mean shit and the levels of corruption involved with regards to the voting, but never mind, enjoy the 3 Ballon D'Ors in a row, which Messi won 4 in a row.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik

Again, he took Argentina to a World Cup Final. His midfielders were Biglia and Enzo Perez. Even in 2018 they lost against Croatia and France, who made it to the final. Different draw might have had different results. Who knows. Is it more difficult to get to a World Cup Final or more difficult to get to the Final of the EC?

Btw. that Portugal team that won the Euros had 1 win in regular time and that was against Wales. Otherwise they only had draws.

The fact that he plays for a club that has spent 250 Million on two players named Coutinho and Dembele is not his fault.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
Look I'm not taking much away from Cristiano, but you can't tell me that you actually watch football and enjoy the game and you actually watch the game, and then think that Cristiano is the better player than Messi. I agree that Cristiano is a great player with an incredible attitude to football, but if you actually like football, that is if you enjoy watching a football game for 90 minutes even if you don't have skin in the game, you will not say that Cristiano is a better player or actually nowhere near Messi. Messi is somewhere else and the only gift to humanity left.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
I still think some folks don't get my comment.
I am not saying Ronaldo has more talent or not. I am just implying that he has accomplished more than Messi in the last 3 years and performing equivalently with him on weekly basis.
Yes Messi ball movement is unique and spectacular and possibly the best in history of Football but Ronaldo has many other spectacular talents such as ability to score with his head which Messi lacks.
Messi is more appealing :D

Last edited: