The 2018-19 Champions league thread, Results, News & updates,All roads lead to Wanda Metropolitano,

Ali N.

Aug 3, 2004
Unbelievable! bad call by ref... I know a lot of you love MU but the call was very controversial. Unfortunately the refs are deciding the games, they use this VAR whenever they want to... it's just mind boggling!
It would make sense with VAR to do like NFL does, either use it all the time (for reviewing all) or don't do it at all

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
the PK call was 50/50. His hand was away from his body but back to the ball.. So it could have gone either way.. the Replay made it worse.. I personally thing it was PK. he could of kept his hands next to his body but didn't.. so made him self big. but again could have gone either way..

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
The one for Man U was indeed questionable as it's difficult to call that a hand-ball given the player is a meter in the air and half-facing the ball.

The shirt-pulling one against Roma was actually correct because shirt-pulling is a dirty foul and should be called every single time.
He didn't pull the shirt though ... it seems he acted ...

Ali N.

Aug 3, 2004
Let me rephrase what I said earlier on this page: VAR has been a failure so far. It's not being used as it should... the refs don't use it on every call (as they should) only use it when it's at their advantage so far (I am talking for some not all). It's come down to refs being the match deciders...

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Let me rephrase what I said earlier on this page: VAR has been a failure so far. It's not being used as it should... the refs don't use it on every call (as they should) only use it when it's at their advantage so far (I am talking for some not all). It's come down to refs being the match deciders...
Not really. It's still players and their actions that decide the game. What's lacking is consistency in what is considered a "foul" or a "handball". We will all be long dead before that debate settles.

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
loool this is like a whole team...

Manchester United's missing players against PSG:
Alexis Sánchez
Jesse Lingard
Anthony Martial
Juan Mata
Ander Herrera
Nemanja Matić
Phil Jones