The 2018-19 Champions league thread, Results, News & updates,All roads lead to Wanda Metropolitano,

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
As a FIFA B Referee I tell you, that was 100% correct call.
-> Player can jump with his hand behind him OR close his arm, he opened his arm here and the ball hit it and Changed direction, had his hand not been there, it would go towards the goal. according to the RULE, its a PK
-> Where in the Rule of the game say you need to account for the tiredness? Rules are rule, min 1, min 120! doesnt matter.

Those are the LAWS OF THE GAME, and it was applied correctly in this case. I am also checking FIFA Ref forums and almost everyone saying it was correct call.
The way I saw it his hand was close to his body and he had no intention of handling the ball.
Bullshit call by the ref, but I am happy with the result.

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
The way I saw it his hand was close to his body and he had no intention of handling the ball.
delband, based on the latest fifa rules this is a hand ball. He open up his hand while turning to make him self bigger. His hand wasn't next to his body. its a PK. Even head of permier league ref said it on the sky sports last night.

Ali N.

Aug 3, 2004
Well referee is a subjective thing, you (a human) has to apply the rules of game, for example, the book has bunch of rules on Denial of Obvious goal scoring , Now I as a referee have to decide if that was a Denial of Obvious goal scoring or not, I might think it is, u might disagree, nothing can be done to fix that. this happens in all sports.
I 100% agree rules should be applied to EVERY TEAM regardless, I only watched the PK scene today, was there a scene that you feel the referee made a mistake ?
Yup! I would suggest watching the game and you'll see... it's scary the way the refereeing is taking place these days! To be honest, it almost feels like it's a waste of time watching a game since refs seem to have already decided about the result.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
Yup! I would suggest watching the game and you'll see... it's scary the way the refereeing is taking place these days! To be honest, it almost feels like it's a waste of time watching a game since refs seem to have already decided about the result.
How do you come to that conclusion? He watched the incident over and over again. The new rules are clear, if you turn your back and make yourself bigger and the ball hits your arm it is a penalty. The referee just implemented the rule.

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
That was a penalty period. Sure ManU didnt deserve it as they actually werent coming to play football and PSG were the better team but a penalty is a penalty. It doesnt matter if you turn your back or chest to the ball, as soon as your movement is unnatural and you make yourself bigger, its a penalty. In that case it doesnt even matter if it was intentional or unintentional, in both cases its a penalty.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
The pain and sorrow is beyond 7UP. what he needs to calm down is this: LOOOL.

are you saying koonesh sookhteh ? I don't blame PSG fans for being upset but what a shameful display of football.. I mean ball boys would put some of those balls in.. even our own in house arash tampon-gir could have put one of those balls past De Gea ..

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2010
real madrid loss to ajax was was the fourth straight home loss in all competitions.
last time that happened was in 2004 when carlos was in charge of them.

takbetak

Elite Member
Apr 27, 2006
are you saying koonesh sookhteh ? I don't blame PSG fans for being upset but what a shameful display of football.. I mean ball boys would put some of those balls in.. even our own in house arash tampon-gir could have put one of those balls past De Gea ..
That's opium paraphernalia (manghal,vafoor,sikh,etc.). 7UP boy was shell shocked as he arrived from the stands to dugout to join the PSG bench celebration only to witness the awarded penalty being cashed by Rashford. Neymar needed a few bast of taryak to calm him down.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
His hand was open making himself bigger. IF i jump and my hand open, can i say, oh i had no intention of handling the ball? perhaps I didnt, but by opening my arms, I ADDED to my size and bigger chance the ball would hit my hand!
This is ofcourse a subjective call, however, in my eyes, a correct call.

1551998950067.png

https://www.clippituser.tv/c/dngpae

takbetak

Elite Member
Apr 27, 2006
PSG fans should understand that the weekly mental & physical battle in French League is the main reason PSG fails in Champions League year after year. It's just too much burden to handle. LOOOOL.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
The way I see it is this: before VAR, we liked being clever and blame the referee for making the wrong decisions. We watched the incident 10 times on slow motion from our living rooms. We used to forget that the referee only saw it once (if that) and had a split second to decide.

Well now the referee can see it 10 times too on slo mo and then decide.

To me VAR is a good thing overall. It only becomes detrimental to the game if it is used for every little thing. Basically if it is a game changing decision like a goal or penalty it should be used. Other than that, no.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
Evra has got into a feud with ex teammate as he overcelebrated MU win U& taping it too.. he explained that someone behind him kept saying 'this is Paris' throughout the game and was a pay back.. hes a scumbag anyway but thought to clear that up by sharing.