The 2019-20 UEFA Champions League thread, Results, News & updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

takbetak

Elite Member
Apr 27, 2006
What a beauty that first goal was. Thiago's pass , Gnarby's ball control and run and great shot , and Muller's smart run to attract the central defender and open up space for Gnarby's run. lovely stuff.

What a beauty that first goal was. Thiago's pass , Gnarby's ball control and run and great shot , and Muller's smart run to attract the central defender and open up space for Gnarby's run. lovely stuff.
Beyond anything being played these days. It's not new stuff, but it's been a while since a team executed these things so flawlessly. Liverpool sure touched on it in the past couple of years, but no one else.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Pooya jan thank you for the support I am so happy guys come on Bayern AUF GHETS, just came back
from the Las Vegas Bayern Munchen club, with my friends. I think I like our chances even vs PSG, anyone have the updated odds?
Great win vs Oly Lyon today MIA SAN MIA to all the Bayern fans. This has to be one of the greatest coaching turnarounds, curtsy of Hansi Flick.
Keep in mind Flick took over a Bayern team that was in shambles, after the mess made by Kovac, they had a slew of injuries and now they are one game
away, from a repeat of 2013. Also, my friends and i were discussing that, 2013 it's been 7 years, Bayern is due for one.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
@houmanbahal Serge Gnabry is a perfect example of how a change in venue, where there is
1- Good management, ownership with KHR, coaching(minus Ancelotti and Kovac) can do for a player.
This is the same guy that West Ham threw out like a piece of garbage. Gnabry just put two
in the back of the net and helped Bayern advance. The wise guys here are giving Bayern the slight
early opening favorite at -105 on the Money Line. Bayern, with all of the weapons they have and
the experience, along with a fantastic coach, should win it all this year.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Conte: 'Only the winners remain in history'

Antonio Conte gives Inter ‘an extra push’ ahead of their Final against Sevilla in the Europa League tomorrow. ‘We only remember the winners’.

Conte has vast experience from playing in several European Finals with Juventus and hopes to see a motivated team, stressing that only the ‘winners remain in history’.

“As a player, I played a lot of them,” Conte said at a press conference. “I have won but I have also lost a lot.

“People only remember when you win. I have won a Champions League, but I have lost three. In history, only the first one remains.

“We must have the enthusiasm and awareness of having made an important journey that will give us enthusiasm.

“We must be proud to have reached a Final 10 years after the last time Inter did.

“History is written by those who win, we only remember those. This is an extra push to get the most out of it.”

Conte said the belief at Inter was growing ‘day by day’ since he joined the club and wants to see his players ‘take to the pitch and prove they deserve it’.

“I said at the beginning that I needed to feel just one per cent chance of being able to win something.

“This percentage has been growing day by day, the group have always shown a great desire to work.

“In the end, we have managed to compete in every competition. The lads have always believed they can do well and with that their courage has grown.

“We must take to the pitch and prove we deserve it; we are there, and we enjoy the moment.

“We will give everything to give joy to us, the fans and the club.”

The Nerazzurri coach revealed he will not fear Sevilla, who overcame Manchester United in the semi-finals.

“The word fear is not part of my vocabulary,” he said. “We value Sevilla and their history, we have respect, but if we are here in the Final it’s because we have our cards to play.

“We will play them in the best way.”

Conte was coy about his own future at San Siro.

“Over the years, I have learned to live the moments,” he added. “Now, I think about the press conference alongside two champions like [Diego] Godin and [Samir] Handanovic.

“We have to be there tomorrow, I will live the Final. This I have learned in my career. I think about now and live without regrets."

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
@Iran-Esteghlal-Inter I am not saying it is a LOCK by any stretch of the imagination for Bayern. However, for what it is worth
I am in Vegas and I keep up with the odds. All of the wise guys and major sports books in Vegas, have Bayern, as the SLIGHT
Favorite at -105 on the Money Line. I think these teams are about as evenly stacked as you can get but PSG is a little bit more
top heavy, where as Bayern's talents are evenly distributed, at every position on the pitch. They don't have any glaring weaknesses,
PSG at times, can be suspect on D.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
@Iran-Esteghlal-Inter I am not saying it is a LOCK by any stretch of the imagination for Bayern. However, for what it is worth
I am in Vegas and I keep up with the odds. All of the wise guys and major sports books in Vegas, have Bayern, as the SLIGHT
Favorite at -105 on the Money Line. I think these teams are about as evenly stacked as you can get but PSG is a little bit more
top heavy, where as Bayern's talents are evenly distributed, at every position on the pitch. They don't have any glaring weaknesses,
PSG at times, can be suspect on D.
Bayern is always good -- that is given :D
but PSG will beat them :p

Kian Pars

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2005
Will Neymar be banned for the Champions League final for swapping shirts?
After celebrating with his team-mates, BT Sport cameras picked up footage of him swapping shirts with Marcel Halstenberg of RB Leipzig.

According to UEFA's COVID-19 guidelines, players are prohibited from swapping shirts in order to limit the risk of the virus spreading.

The UEFA ‘Return to Football’ guidelines state that any player swapping shirts could end up being banned for a game.

14.8 of the protocol says: "Shirt-swapping - Players are recommended to refrain from swapping their shirts."

Reports also suggest the player in question would end up being placed in a mandatory 12-day isolation period.
If this is true, then why recently one player complained Messi didn't want to swap T-shirt with him after the match?

Kian Pars

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2005
I hope for us Football lovers, that the final is same crazy game like the semis. Hopefully non of them press on brakes to play a cautious, play to win, 1-0 game.

Status
Not open for further replies.