The 2019-20 UEFA Champions League thread, Results, News & updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 20, 2002
UAE
Madrid is not going to win anything without a decent keeper. Buying Tibo and letting Navas go was a huge mistake. I am sure he would save psg first goal.
Why Tibo was bought in in the first place remains a mystery. I think it has to do with the mental condition and age factor of Perez.
Letting navas leave proves the above point even further.
Not that Madrid’s only issue is goal keeping but this particular subject highlights the administrative shambles the club is living in the the past few years.

Madrid's fine. They've had one or two bad seasons. Very much expected after winning CL 3 times in a row.

The biggest issue with Madrid is La Liga. They need to re-establish their dominance in the league. This whole eligibility of non-champions (2nd, 3rd and 4th place teams) to compete in Champions League as if there's no difference between winning the league and becoming 2nd or 3rd has dulled the importance of domestic titles. At the same time, domestic rivalries remain the most important ingredient of football.

Madrid's domestic record hasn't been stellar even when they kept winning CL. They shrugged this off too easily.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Europa League

Man united have have taken the lead against Khazak Giants FC Astana in the 73rd min.

1-0
Man United is so bad, I honestly don't think they can even qualify for Europa League next year ....
I watched 10-15 minutes of second half and OMG, they played bad

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Madrid's fine. They've had one or two bad seasons. Very much expected after winning CL 3 times in a row.

The biggest issue with Madrid is La Liga. They need to re-establish their dominance in the league. This whole eligibility of non-champions (2nd, 3rd and 4th place teams) to compete in Champions League as if there's no difference between winning the league and becoming 2nd or 3rd has dulled the importance of domestic titles. At the same time, domestic rivalries remain the most important ingredient of football.

Madrid's domestic record hasn't been stellar even when they kept winning CL. They shrugged this off too easily.
Until you have Messi in Barca, winning La Liga is VERY difficult if not impossible.
Madrid "ONLY" problem is not the keeper, I agree, but it is a problem, you need to take into account the damage in mentality it causes when you concede a goal like that. As to why we got Tibo? NO FUCKING CLUE !!!

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
Man United is so bad, I honestly don't think they can even qualify for Europa League next year ....
I watched 10-15 minutes of second half and OMG, they played bad
dadash it was our Academy kids playing for 70 mins. But yeah overall it wasn't a great game. The kid who scored is 17 years old!!!! Rashford missed 3 easy goals..

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Poor Atalanta -- dominated Shaktar but lost in the last minute @ home -- so unfair !!

saeed agha

IPL Player
Oct 20, 2002
UAE
Horrible first half. Better second half.
It is obvious that Real’s main stars are fading. The reserve team is much better as they show it in the past few games.
The likes of Modric and even Kroos are not at their prime any more and Zidane has to accept that.
The only positive thing in today’s game other than the point is the substitution of Tibo. The guy is completely lost and doesn’t deserve to be in Real.

Status
Not open for further replies.