The 2019-20 UEFA Champions League thread, Results, News & updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
The Spurs were a big joke, Leipzig did whatever they wanted to them. Bayern is looking great I have no complaints.
IRI good call buddy on not worrying about Chelsea. This is me not worried :)
Dortmund ALMOST got the upset v PSG, they lost but they played well. RBL from 5th division to QF of the UEFA CL, WOW.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
@takbetak

You are right and so is Klopp, on the anti-Football style that Athletico Madrid plays. Bayern had problems with them as well, we lost on aggregate. They just park the bus, hunker down and put ten men in a box.
Then they will hit you with the counter attack. Score the goal, then hunker down and play D, very 1970s Italy style.
They are the only Spanish team I HATE to watch or hate to see them drawn with Bayern.
The game is going to be closed, it is going to be boring but on the bright side, I get to catch up on my sleep, when Athletico takes the pitch.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Here is keeping my fingers crossed, we don't draw Athletico Madrid aka Park the Bus. We lost to these guys, the same way but it was on aggregate. Now it is apart of the game but
it is anti football and I can't stand it. I am happy as long as the QF draw is anyone but Athletico park the bus Madrid.
They are the only La Liga team I don't enjoy watching. I might not like Real Madrid but I respect the way they play football the right way.
Oh and you heard it here first, a prognostication, Klopp to D.F.B, it will happen at some point.
He accomplished everything at the club level, the only thing missing on the resume, is that World Cup.
I can totally realte to where Jurgen Klopp is coming from it is frustrating but then again, score a goal and they can't implement anti football strategies.

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
@Hooshmand do you blame Klopp for the loss?
Not at all, we could have won it by 5 or 6 goals in 90 mins, I personally blame our useless second choice keeper for giving Atlético Madrid a
lifeline in the extra time, not to forget his f*ck up in the first leg. I just really hope that this ultra negative anti football team don't win the competition.

Last edited:

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
@Finally damet garm, kind hearted hamvatan, good looking out bro.
I am just having Bayern withdraws and we don't want Pooya going postal,
I made some adjustments
so I deleted some of them and only have ONE, in my Piano recital thread. Back to the CL
. BTW anyone who thinks Bayern was not going to beat
Chelsea in the 2nd leg of the CL is an.. Damn we had a good chance this year bro, even with the injuries. Hans-Dieter Flick was
having us play attractive, good football. Dude should get an extension, at least for one year. Anyone have a better name,
for now? Whom else would you pick and don't say Nico Kovac , Carlo Ancelotti , or Pep Guardiola
or I will LAUGH at you. Guardiola is not coming back, Kobac and Ancelotti showed how great they were.
I say give Flick some time, one year extension.
the idiot.jpg

Last edited:

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
Round-of-16 ties still to be concluded:

Chelsea (0) vs. Bayern Munich (3)
Napoli (1) vs. Barcelona (1)
Real Madrid (1) vs. Manchester City (2)
Lyon (1) vs. Juventus (0)

Quarterfinals (to be played Aug. 12-16)

Real Madrid/Manchester City vs. Lyon/Juventus

RB Leipzig vs. Atletico Madrid

Napoli/Barcelona vs. Chelsea/Bayern Munich

Atalanta vs. Paris Saint-Germain

Semifinals (to be played Aug. 18-19)

Real Madrid/Manchester City or Lyon/Juventus vs. Napoli/Barcelona or Chelsea/Bayern Munich

RB Leipzig or Atletico Madrid vs. Atalanta or Paris Saint-Germain

Feb 4, 2005
Wow! Monster games from one path v. Much easier ones from the other. I'd like to see Atalanta making it all the way to the final and even winning it (unlikely though)

Status
Not open for further replies.