The 2019-20 UEFA Champions League thread, Results, News & updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
I am so sad but I feel that the midfield could have never won the battle in second half -- You have Garliardini and Brozovic that are both defensive midfielders and always pass back and the only player is Barella that could push forward. The team never tries to send the ball to Lukaku and use his strength.

We lost really in a shitty way by own goal but this team still doesn't have the power to win important big games. I hope we could do something next year, and be able to integrate Eriksen and Sensi in midfield

I am still heart broken but this is football.

I am so sad but I feel that the midfield could have never won the battle in second half -- You have Garliardini and Brozovic that are both defensive midfielders and always pass back and the only player is Barella that could push forward. The team never tries to send the ball to Lukaku and use his strength.
They scored a goal using that fucking tactic in the first minute of the game (penalty), yet it was never properly tried again. That shows how cowardly the whole tactic was. Pass back, pass sideways, pass back, kick the ball to Sevilla and hope for the best. This was done by a team that has Eriksen, Sanchez, Martinez and Lukaku in it!!!

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
They scored a goal using that fucking tactic in the first minute of the game (penalty), yet it was never properly tried again. That shows how cowardly the whole tactic was. Pass back, pass sideways, pass back, kick the ball to Sevilla and hope for the best. This was done by a team that has Eriksen, Sanchez, Martinez and Lukaku in it!!!
well from point of view of Conte, this is the team that is the most stable configuration.
Even though Eriksen is a great player, he hasn't been integrated that well to the team yet. Sanchez has been injured for 2 games. Martineaz not very consistent in the last month and half, only play great in semi-final.
All and all, Conte has done a great job off the field but doesn't have confidence on the bench for the right reasons.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Well so long Sevilla, good job Inter, congrats. Now as for Bayern I still think they will beat PSG 3-2.
It will probably most likely be Bayern hosting up the trophy, unless there is a Real Madrid ref
situation or a key injury. Bayern overall, including the bench is better than PSG. Coutihno put
2 in the back of the net vs O.L, similar to what Dembele did.

Status
Not open for further replies.