The 2020-21UEFA Champions League thread, Results, News & updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

takbetak

Elite Member
Apr 27, 2006
Red card for Savic.

LOOOO. That superb camera shot of dejected Savic as he was walking down the dark tunnel all by himself was hilarious.

takbetak

Elite Member
Apr 27, 2006
Another break by Chelsea and Emerson with a good finish from a good Pulisic pass. Chelsea beats Atletico by 2-0.

LOOOL@ Thiago Silva's celebration in the stands.

Khabalood

Elite Member
Sep 26, 2004
Toronto
Halland is no Ronaldo ... come on, when Ronald was 20 years old, he could dribble 5 players. People have forgotten how good he was. His role is changed, now he is scoring and can't do all those dribbling due to age.

This Haaland kid has talent for sure. He just smashed the goal scoring records for goals per game by under 20 players in the champions league. If he keeps up at this pace he will break Ronaldo's champions league goal record. Every team in the world should be after him right now.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
@Iran-Esteghlal-Inter Granted but how many people ARE Ronaldo? You are not going to be able to replace a Ronaldo in his prime with anyone M'bappe can't do what Ronaldo did as well. Well guys I kind of expected a 2-1 Bayern win vs Lazio. The scoreboard can be a bit misleading, only because Bayern were already up 4-1 on Aggregate. You don't need to light the world on fire when you have a 3 goal lead, you just don't need to $hit the bed.
I agree with @Pooya though that at his current age and $24,000,000 salary, you can't say it's worth it. If you had an option to buy a high end luxury car, would
you want a 36 year old car, or a 22 year old or 20 year old car? As for Ronaldo in his prime, Ronaldo is not even Ronaldo in his prime. However, Halland and or Killian M'Bappe, would be the NEXT BEST THING that is at your asenal(no pun intended). So we can't talk about the past and it will probably be another decader or two before we find another player as good as him. If his son is half as good as his sad, he will be a good player. i remember, dude had the quickest feet I have ever seen live 2006 Portugal Iran. It was like now you see him, now you don't, I would refer to him as Capser the invisible ghost poof gone,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.