The 2020-21UEFA Champions League thread, Results, News & updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Agha, with both this comment and the last one, it feels like you are responding to a different post than the one quoted...?
The commenting is based on the fact that Porto didn't play defensive minded game, just didn't include Taremi. He was playing 4-3-3, but used a different striker.

Jan 26, 2006
The commenting is based on the fact that Porto didn't play defensive minded game, just didn't include Taremi. He was playing 4-3-3, but used a different striker.
I was talking about the four goals that Iranians have scored against Chelsea though, in this quote. And in your other quote I was referring to Taremi's being benched and his relationship with Conceição! Has Sherwin borrowed your login?

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Daei's first goal was also fantastic. Absolutely world class!

Taremi's goal is very special because it was scored in the quarter final!

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Ok now that I have given my piece of Bayern, a round ball can bounce in any direction, tough break, see you next year lads.
On to Porto. Honestly, they were lucky to even make it this far, to the Quarter Finals, that probably will not happen anytime soon again.
Taremi is hands down the best player for Team Meli, side note he used to suffer from Timo Werner itis, create chances but never score.
UEFA UCL goal of the year Mehdi Taremi's bicycle kick vs Chelsea.
Congrats to PSG fans see you lads next year, with #9 back MIA SAN MIA, good luck in the next round.
Now yes he is a hot head but he also single handedly kept them competitive vs Chelsea
Mehdi Taremi Goal | Chelsea vs. Porto | Quarterfinals - 2nd Leg | UCL on CBS Sports - YouTube- direct link

RaminS

Feb 19, 2009
Ok now that I have given my piece of Bayern, a round ball can bounce in any direction, tough break, see you next year lads.
On to Porto. Honestly, they were lucky to even make it this far, to the Quarter Finals, that probably will not happen anytime soon again.
Taremi is hands down the best player for Team Meli, side note he used to suffer from Timo Werner itis, create chances but never score.
UEFA UCL goal of the year Mehdi Taremi's bicycle kick vs Chelsea.
Congrats to PSG fans see you lads next year, with #9 back MIA SAN MIA, good luck in the next round.
Now yes he is a hot head but he also single handedly kept them competitive vs Chelsea
Mehdi Taremi Goal | Chelsea vs. Porto | Quarterfinals - 2nd Leg | UCL on CBS Sports - YouTube- direct link

How is a clip about the 1936 Olympics relevant?

Nov 24, 2002
Iran never ever had two world class forwards at the same time. Never
This is the first time we are spoiled to have both Sardar and Taremi.
Iran by far has the best forward core in Asia that guys like Karim, Kaveh, Allahyar warming the bench and like Alipour, Zahedi, Mehrdad Mohammadi don't get the call.
Most of these guys would have started 10years a go.
In other hand we suck big time in central midfielder, even worst than Queiroz debut.
Forward and goalkeeping are our most improved followed by wingers and defense.

Last edited by a moderator:

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Iran never ever had two world class forwards at the same time. Never
This is the first time we are spoiled to have both Sardar and Taremi.
Iran by far has the best forward core in Asia that guys like Karim, Kaveh, Allahyar warming the bench and like Alipour, Zahedi, Mehrdad Mohammadi don't get the call.
Most of these guys would have started 10years a go.
In other hand we suck big time in central midfielder, even worst than Queiroz debut.
Forward and goalkeeping are our most improved followed by wingers and defense.
Daei and Vahid Hashemian ??

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Without complete confidence you could not score such a goal in the quarter final of the CL against a team like Chelsea. It's good that he hasn't lost his confidence after the recent red card event.

I'm sure CQ was enjoying after seeing his player performing that way!

Now that they are out of the CL, he should fully concentrate on increasing the number of his goals in the league. He needs 6 more goals to reach the top with 8 games left to play (given that the top scorers don't score more goals of course).

Status
Not open for further replies.