Poor united ... how to give up 3 simple goals
Really exciting last 10 minutes but Rashford did horrible

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Does anyone know why Istanbul PSG game is interrupted ?
It appears the facts are (of course subject to change as more comes out):
- Pierre Webo, one of the Istanbul coaches (former Cameroon international), was acting in such a way that the 4th official recommended a sending off;
- The referee crew is Romanian, and the center referee was communicating with the 4th official about what occurred, and which assistant coach to send off;
- The fourth official referred to Webo as "ala negru," which roughly translates in Romanian to "the black one";
- This was overheard by Webo, and others, and was what led to the mass confrontation and subsequent suspension;
- Webo was shown the red card during the fracas.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
It appears the facts are (of course subject to change as more comes out):
- Pierre Webo, one of the Istanbul coaches (former Cameroon international), was acting in such a way that the 4th official recommended a sending off;
- The referee crew is Romanian, and the center referee was communicating with the 4th official about what occurred, and which assistant coach to send off;
- The fourth official referred to Webo as "ala negru," which roughly translates in Romanian to "the black one";
- This was overheard by Webo, and others, and was what led to the mass confrontation and subsequent suspension;
- Webo was shown the red card during the fracas.
Question is the negru in Romanian has the same interpretation as negro in English.

Payandeh Iran

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Question is the negru in Romanian has the same interpretation as negro in English.
ما یکبار یکی از اشناها را که دو روز بود از ایران اومده بود بردیم خرید. تو مغازه چشمش به شکلاتها افتاد و بکهو با ذوق و صدای بلند گفت اینجا هم نگروکیس دارند. نفهمیدم با چه سرعتی دستشو گرفتم از مغازه زدم بیرون.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
I dont know about Romanian, but in Spanish, the colour black is "Negro" , I assume its the same in Romanian.
for example, if you want to say black table in Spanish, you say "Mesa negra" or black singer is "Cantante negro" ...
-----
Be honest guys, if you go to a concert, and there is a tall guy, and you want to reference him, dont you say "That tall guy" ? is that bad? I am 10000000% against Racism, but honestly in this case, I see it more as a case of mis-understanding than actual racism.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
I dont know about Romanian, but in Spanish, the colour black is "Negro" , I assume its the same in Romanian.
for example, if you want to say black table in Spanish, you say "Mesa negra" or black singer is "Cantante negro" ...
-----
Be honest guys, if you go to a concert, and there is a tall guy, and you want to reference him, dont you say "That tall guy" ? is that bad? I am 10000000% against Racism, but honestly in this case, I see it more as a case of mis-understanding than actual racism.
I honestly think that the fourth ref action was not "professional" but I don't think it was "racist"

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Ill be paying attention to Real Madrid but I will be with the Las Vegas Bayern Munich club,
watching Bayern vs Lokomotiv Mocba(side note Lokomotiv means steam of the engine not engine or train in Russian)

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Inter Coach Antonio Conte: “Late Substitutions? Why Don’t You Be A Coach, Maybe You’ll Do Better”
idiot LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.