The 2020-21UEFA Champions League thread, Results, News & updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
Finally, saw a whole game with this Taremi fella, he is quite explosive and glistring from time to time, still a bit tame in his actions. Shy kiddo, eyyy!
It is simply obvious his teammates are deliberately failing to pass him the last ball near and close to the goal!

He did good on the pitch today, good for'm!

Jan 26, 2006
According to uefa,Taremi is the 5th Iranian to score in the ch. league.
Besides Daei, who were the other three?
Did Kia and mina score too?
Agha, you forgot the best ever CL performance by an Iranian?

What were you doing in 2000 lol?!? ;)

He was the absolute engine behind this performance, all four goals against Juventus were either started or scored by him.

As well as Daei who you mention, other two were Azmoun (....:eek:?!??! . a few CL goals for two clubs ), and Karimi scored on his CL debut for Bayern.

But Taremi is the first one to score in the knockout stages, ever.

Last edited:

Khabalood

Elite Member
Sep 26, 2004
Toronto
Finally, saw a whole game with this Taremi fella, he is quite explosive and glistring from time to time, still a bit tame in his actions. Shy kiddo, eyyy!
It is simply obvious his teammates are deliberately failing to pass him the last ball near and close to the goal!

He did good on the pitch today, good for'm!

Haram advertisement

Nov 24, 2002
Taremi with another great performance, SC had so much trust on him that he subbed out his favorite forward Marega and Mehdi played 90 min
He was pressing non-stop.
Sergio Oliviera had also hell of game for Porto.
Mehdi showed what determination combined with talent can do.
He also showed his middle finger to all his bashers who laughed at him at some stage.
CQ should having a smile on his face watching Mehdi's progress.
He was the most trusted attacking player under CQ. Even when he was in Persepolis at his debut. Even more than Sardar or Karim Ansarifard.
Good job Mehdi

Last edited by a moderator:

Khabalood

Elite Member
Sep 26, 2004
Toronto
Yeah, no doubt. Wonder how they didn't go for VAR.
VAR is garbage. It has made the game worse. At least before when decisions were made incorrectly, people could feign that mistakes happen due to human error. Now there is no excuse since video evidence can reviewed over and over.

Juve went out last year because of a dubious decision that was confirmed by VAR too. VAR could potentially eliminate Juve for the second year in a row.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Sorry chief. I just can't get past them laughing at/mocking so many Iranians who have died. And with Minavand and Ansarian passing away it hurts....
I understand, however, please keep in mind ISP is not the place to channel your frustration. While their views are different and we might not agree with them, let's move on and focus on thread topic :) Appreciate it.

Khabalood

Elite Member
Sep 26, 2004
Toronto
hAji khodadad, I know what HARAM and HALAL mean, haram coming from ancient hebrew "HEREM", meaning "forbidden for unsanctioned use", I know eating pork and consumption of alcohol/liquor are HARAM or HEREM among muslims.

However, what do you mean with "Haram advertisement"?
lol, my bad. I thought it was an alcohol advertisement. I was wondering why there was an old lady in the background and didn't connect it as a reference to the Juve game initially that it was probably meant to be.

Still not a good look for the guy (in Iran) to go from hanging with agha cholakh (whether forced or not) 2 years ago to promos with alcohol references now where he has some spilled on his shirt as if he was drinking it. Some akhoond in Iran is gonna lose his shit over this for sure. Hopefully he doesn't get banned from tm.

Also my name isn't Khodadad.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.