The 2020-21UEFA Champions League thread, Results, News & updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
@Pooya With Taremi, you have to mention the good with the bad. The good, he scored a beatuiful goal, on an intercepted pass from the GK to the defender. The bad, his emotions get the best of him and Mt. Taremi erupts. I am sure most big European clubs, even Porto, have a team of psychologists who can work with him.
I think Payandeh Iran mentioned Pep Guardiola. Well I like that he still respects Bayern and metions them foundly but honestly, I said this all along, he is a $2 coach with $200,000,000 talent. He hasn't won anything since Barce, when he had Messi and a stacked Barce team. Even at City, they havent' reached a semi finals YET. At Bayern, they came close but a few ttimes and had some bad beats but close is not enough.
I'm glad Bayern has Hansi Flick, he might not be as flashy as Pep Guardiola or flamboyent but he is a silent assassin. He will come at you with smiles, but he doesn't want to beat you 2-1, he wants to beat you 8-2. As Alexi Lallas said, "He is a silent assassin, those are the guys I worry about, the quiet guys."
YEP. Hey in MMA it's the same thing it's the silent boxer/or grappler you have to fear.
Should be interesting now things are HEATING UP, cream always rises to the top, we are now in the Quarterfinals or Elite 8(unless a few games still left today)

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
It is not impossible-Bayern can still have a good showing vs PSG, without #9 Lewangoalski. It will be done by committee, like you saw vs Leipzig,is betr bend but do not break defense, score when you have to. You won't get like for like because nobody is better than #9 but Bayern still have fire power. A little bit of Leon Goaletzka, you still have the legend known as Thomas Muller, with his 15 assists(on pace to set 30) Leroy Sane, Gnabry, Kimmich, Coman and company. Here is a nice pic of both of them, really good sportsmanship, there is genuine mutual respect, between the two biggest clubs in Europe, at the moment. Rematch from last year's UCL finals.
With the Qatar money coming in, they have to keep to Killian M'Bappe and Pogba on the pay roll, another UCL finals loss, would be considered a failure. PSG though do have the experience from last year now, they have been to the finals before now so it won't be new. I still give the coaching advantage to Hansi Flick. Pochettino: is a fine coach but he is Tucal's protoje, like the relationship that Klinsmann and Joachim low had. Flick will have to put on his thinking cap, not only have the perfect starting XI and formation but call on the right subs, at the right time.

Attachments

Last edited:

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
@just2viewgeneralforu
Are you reading the world on the forehead of time, agha? TeBe came when the darkest night it was
Agah I am responding to everyone and trying to remain topical. The topic is the 2021 UEFA UCL CL Bayern is playing PSG on Wed,
@Kian Pars, yours truly, @Pooya 4 weeks- should be back by 2nd leg- of PSG game.
I have no idea what Borussia Berlin tennis is. The only football teams I follow are Union and Herta are you confused agah?
MIA SAN MIA lads here is to Hansi Flick putting on his thinking cap and getting the most with what he has:
Leon Goaleztka Legend Thomas Muller Gnabry, Kimmich, Leroy Sane, Musiala(I like this kid, Kingsley Coman,
6-8 weeks Bayern gets Davies back.

Jan 26, 2006
Does anyone remember one of the greatest CL sides of all time - they always had a champion spirit which remained whatever the situation, and were particularly decent when the weather was inclement.

Manager was a guy called Stone, they had two fantastic germans called Helmut and Jorg up front, Papillon was their nok-e hamleh. I think they also had a talented Brazilian called Quiñones, for whom footwear (or lack thereof) wasn't an issue. Keeper was Italian - Allegro. Defensive stalwart Contrais who also became an MMA fighter. They also had the likes of Thompson, Casey, George Wright and a pacey Japanese winger whose name I've forgotten.

Teams like that just don't exist these days.

Am looking forward to tonight's games regardless.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
@just2viewgeneralforu you forgot to mention the team but are you by any chance referring to Millwall FC? I'm looking forward to well for me Wed morning's games. Ya teams back then had more gerayat(heart) they don't build them like they used to but several things have changed.
1- Social media and technology: players are more recognizable by everyone in the world. You don't have to ever steep foot in North London to be an Arsenal fan, you can live stream
2-The salary of the players: Most clubs now pay top dollars for the big stars, stars don't just go to one team and stay there for their entire career. That is why you can never replicate the glory days of football, teams stayed together, you knew those teams, and then the next generation would take over.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Well, it seems like same old problems for Liverpool and Real Madrid are finding their old form back. I also expected City to beat Dortmund.
Not surprised by the score, Liverpool have not been the same, since their UCL win.
BTW @just2viewgeneralforu teams were just different back then take a look at the golden generation Dynamo Kiev tying Bayern 3-3
that team also beat Real Madrid and Barce that year, Bayern had Santa Cruz and Woj-found this clip(sorry commentary is in Ukrainian/Russian)
Old school OPEL bayern kits- welcome back side note most of those Bayern dudes were on the 90s Die Mannschaft team that won a WC in Italy.

Status
Not open for further replies.