The 2020-21UEFA Champions League thread, Results, News & updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 26, 2006
Does anyone remember one of the greatest CL sides of all time - they always had a champion spirit which remained whatever the situation, and were particularly decent when the weather was inclement.

Manager was a guy called Stone, they had two fantastic germans called Helmut and Jorg up front, Papillon was their nok-e hamleh. I think they also had a talented Brazilian called Quiñones, for whom footwear (or lack thereof) wasn't an issue. Keeper was Italian - Allegro. Defensive stalwart Contrais who also became an MMA fighter. They also had the likes of Thompson, Casey, George Wright and a pacey Japanese winger whose name I've forgotten.

Teams like that just don't exist these days.

Am looking forward to tonight's games regardless.

@just2viewgeneralforu you forgot to mention the team but are you by any chance referring to Millwall FC? .
I think the key point is that storm town is coming at some point soon.

--------------------------------------Papillon---------------------------------
--Helmut B---------------------------------------------------Jorg B-------
------------------------------------Quiñones-------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------Hiro----------
Marley-----------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------Casey-----------------------------Thompson----------
-------------------Contrais------------------------Wright---------------
------------------------------------Allegro------------------------------------

BTW anyone else here TeBe fans or just me?

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Taremi kills his team whenever he gets suspended like this.

I never felt as crushed as when he got that pointless yellow card against China in 2019.

Someone get him to meditate or do yoga or something
I dont' watch lots of Porto games ... maybe few because of Taremi but I think Oliviera is missed even more than Taremi ... he really runs midfield and scores a lot of goals.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Well ti was the best game of the UCL year so far 3-2 crazy stats Bayern had 27 shots but only scored on 1 PSG had 6 and scord 3
Ok now to be topical let's discuss that hockey game between the Soviet National hockey team and the Philadelphia Plyers back in 1976.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Porto was just outgunned by Chelsea but Bayern cN comeback. Real Madrid should advance and ao should $hitty and Chelski. The only one that still remains in doubt because of away ag goals amd #9 is Bayern vs psg. If it were any other team but Bayerm, i would say it is over. Worh Bayern, it is never over, just ask Porto.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Good news RL9 is determined to comeback on two weeks and that was over a week ago. He should be back by April 13, he just might not be in form, for the 1st half at least. Also, bayern had some wobbly legs, many guys were playing for country, and domestic league(RB #2 BL team))not just Germany. His presence will make PSG’s D four focus on him, which should open uo opportunities for others to score. We expect RM, City and Chelsea to advance to the SEmi-finalsonly question ion remains is will it be Bayern or PSG joining them. Bayern are down but not out, As H.O.F N.Y Yankees legendary catcher Yogi Berra said,” It ain’t over until it’s over,” keep the faith Bayern fans Mia San Mia.

Last edited:

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Also Bayern Munich are the type of team that play better when their backs are to the wall, and wi try a chip on their shpulders. They theive playing the role of the underdog. Due to the pandemic there won’t be a crowd to cheer against them but therr will be no fans cheering for PSG. Let us not torget how Bayern got screwed vs FC Referee aka Hala-Real Madrid x 2 Arhletico and Liverpool via aggregate rule. This time around, PSG can feel the hurt since they will be hosting, in an empty stadium .

Last edited:

takbetak

Elite Member
Apr 27, 2006
Europa League Q-finals

Man United leads Granada by 1-0.

Great pass by Lindelof and great ball control and finish by Rashford.

takbetak

Elite Member
Apr 27, 2006
Granada putting some good pressure on Man United and nearly scored a fluke goal as a ball meant to be a cross turned into a shot and hit the post. LOOOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.