The Future of Ali Daei

raminio05

National Team Player
First of all, I want to start off by saying that I have lost all my respect for this man.
I used to think of his as a role model for Irans youth because of his hardworking nature and his never give up attitude. But those positive character traits have been replaced by the egomanaical and selfish person that we saw at the press conference at the end of one of the most tragic days in Iranian football. His successs as a striker and TM player will always be marred by this loss (in which he takes most of the blame) and by his ridiculously narcissistic attitude afterwards. If I were Mr. Daie, I would pack up and leave Iran for good, because i no longer think that his safety nor the safety of his family is guaranteed there.

But now that he has been fired (somewhat surprisingly) from his post as TM coach, what do you guys think Ali Daei has in store for him in the future?

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
I hope there's lots of eggs and tomatoes in his future Ramin jaan. He ruined one WC as a player and now another one as a coach and I sure as hell don't want to see him ruin yet another one as the head of the federation. He's a f.c.u.king idiot - pardon my French as I honstly have no better words for this man at the moment.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
why would he need to find a career he stole so much from Team Melli that i am sure he can spend rest of his life doing nothing ... kojaye donya ye team miyad Iran, lebase DAEI mipooshe :D
I am glad i never ever had respect for this ZALOO... hated him as a player, hated him as a coach, hated him as a person.

Feb 12, 2007
SANTA MONICA,CA
about copule of years ago friend of mine who was the best friend with ali agha was in l.a they use to talk almost everyday and he always asked to be a partner with him if he does any business in l.a so he loves to move to united state also he's got 1 very close family member in sanjose, ca, so most likely if he leaves iran he would be here in l.a.

raminio05

National Team Player
Are there plans about an MLS team in Vegas?

Well..there you go...
Hahahahah

I hope there's lots of eggs and tomatoes in his future Ramin jaan. He ruined one WC as a player and now another one as a coach and I sure as hell don't want to see him ruin yet another one as the head of the federation. He's a f.c.u.king idiot - pardon my French as I honstly have no better words for this man at the moment.
hahaha. not my style on the eggs and tomatoes. i think him knowing that his is now despised by all will be suffering enough for him.

As for those saying that he doesn't need to work because he already has enough money, you don't know people like Daie. He is a cancer, and the more he gets, the more he wants. Whatever he does, I hope that it has NOTHING to do with TM or even Iran in general.

Sep 25, 2004
Toronto
Seh rooz pish khodaa bood, emrooz khaareh donyaast.
He's just gonna become a bazari (he already has the shikam ready to go) and live his life. I still don't think he did anything less than what other coaches could do in Iran with TM, he just failed like all previous ones. Which brings me to the point, I still don't blame Iran's loss yesterday on Daei. Iran's loss is because of Iran being a corrupt (flawed) country.

In khalehzanak baziyeh keh yeh melat fosheh alamo midan be Daei yeh dafeh badeh baazi ham kheyli pointless va zayast.

I still have respect for what he's done as a player and for having balls (gheyrati) unlike the soosool players that come and go. He took on a task too big for him and he failed, it's a risk he took barely 2 years after retirement which will basically ruin his coaching career and he'll become another Parvin.
Fekr konam yeh zareh baadeh damaghesh bekhaabeh, yeh 10 saal digeh be onvaneh motivator yeh involvementi baa TM dashteh baasheh.

Sabzi

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
He's just gonna become a bazari (he already has the shikam ready to go) and live his life. I still don't think he did anything less than what other coaches could do in Iran with TM, he just failed like all previous ones. Which brings me to the point, I still don't blame Iran's loss yesterday on Daei. Iran's loss is because of Iran being a corrupt (flawed) country.

In khalehzanak baziyeh keh yeh melat fosheh alamo midan be Daei yeh dafeh badeh baazi ham kheyli pointless va zayast.

I still have respect for what he's done as a player and for having balls (gheyrati) unlike the soosool players that come and go. He took on a task too big for him and he failed, it's a risk he took barely 2 years after retirement which will basically ruin his coaching career and he'll become another Parvin.
Fekr konam yeh zareh baadeh damaghesh bekhaabeh, yeh 10 saal digeh be onvaneh motivator yeh involvementi baa TM dashteh baasheh.
You are one of the few people here who nearly always make good posts (excluding your love to Roma) :)

raminio05

National Team Player

Doosteh aziz it was not gheyrat or balls that he had when he took the TM job, it was EGO. I will still always be greatfull for what he gave to TM as a player, but this man should never be looked back on without us remembering how his selfishness cost us so dearly in the end, even if we do end up qualifying.

May 24, 2008
about copule of years ago friend of mine who was the best friend with ali agha was in l.a they use to talk almost everyday and he always asked to be a partner with him if he does any business in l.a so he loves to move to united state also he's got 1 very close family member in sanjose, ca, so most likely if he leaves iran he would be here in l.a.
.به عبارت دیگه ایشون قارهٔ نریده نمیخواد باقی بذاره

Oct 18, 2002

Shawshank jan,

Please don't write posts that make sense around here. The mob only understands fouhsh. This sort of intellectual talk is no good for the time being. Tomorrow after Ghotbi or the other coaches lose, they will say the same shit.

The issue is that most people don't want to admit that Iranian team today is not good enough to win, and that the issue is not merely a coach. We have far too many issues that need to be fixed before we need to think of WC or competition.

Sep 25, 2004
Toronto
Doosteh aziz it was not gheyrat or balls that he had when he took the TM job, it was EGO. I will still always be greatfull for what he gave to TM as a player, but this man should never be looked back on without us remembering how his selfishness cost us so dearly in the end, even if we do end up qualifying.
Can you please read my thread and say where I clearly said that Daei took the TM just because of gheyrat. I said it's a risk he took, that's all.

raminio05

National Team Player
Can you please read my thread and say where I clearly said that Daei took the TM just because of gheyrat. I said it's a risk he took, that's all.
i though the "he has balls (gheyrati)" comment was referring to him taking the coaching job.

Either way, the risk he took was not just a personal one. He put TM in jepordy also, and look at the result.

May 24, 2008

Dear Shawshank

you have some good points, however, I diagree with the order in this argument :
I still don't blame Iran's loss yesterday on Daei. Iran's loss is because of Iran being a corrupt (flawed) country.

I think he became a coach beacuse we have a corrupt and flawed country. I don't think it's even possible to forget or ignore his achievements. But he proved himself a classless arrogant person over and over again.

Faz

Ball Boy
Oct 17, 2004
fuck ali daei

he is an IRI official

he is selfish subjective and egotistical

he made critical decisions that were not in TM's and our world cup qualifications interests..

what more is there to say? yet some still love to defend this man with arguments like..
'he is a coach i bet he knows more about soccer than you'... and another great one, 'he is the best he is KING DAEI'
LOL

Sep 25, 2004
Toronto
Dear Shawshank

you have some good points, however, I diagree with the order in this argument :
I still don't blame Iran's loss yesterday on Daei. Iran's loss is because of Iran being a corrupt (flawed) country.

I think he became a coach beacuse we have a corrupt and flawed country. I don't think it's even possible to forget or ignore his achievements. But he proved himself a classless arrogant person over and over again.
but in a boolean algebra kind of way that confirms my point, that it's not his fault but the management's.