The myth about Google's "Open" Android

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
But, the consequence of not putting any walls around your product is that both the good guys and the bad guys can do anything they want with it. And for Android, that means that it’s being manipulated, modified, and maimed by companies that care more about preserving their old business models than empowering people with the next great wave of computing devices.
Click for full article

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Rogers (Canada's largest wireless provider) just announced they will NOT be putting any of their own software on to the phone, it will be a CLEAN install, for those who are worried about blogware, there are so many Android flavors that have taken them out, try them.

one thing i have a hard time is when u say android so many device vs apple 1 device, i think its android vs iOS, all those who went for Android (regardless which phone) did NOT go for iOS phone.

Cheers,

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
It's like choosing to live in a gigantic ranch in the middle of a beautiful valley and accepting the risks that mother nature poses, versus living in a retirement home where safety and comfort are guaranteed.

To each his own. Everyone has different needs. As a software engineer, I feel confined, limited and insulted when I work within the Apple framework. My mother on the other hand feels like a champion when she sends me pictures on her iPad. She told me the other day that during Ramadan she prayed for Apple's owners for creating the iPad. I was laughing my ass off, but that tells me Apple has definitely done something right.

Who knows? By the time I turn 60, I probably won't be as agile when it comes to technology and some company like Apple will probably help me feel better about myself by providing a simpler, more limited and fool-proof interface to work with.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
It's like choosing to live in a gigantic ranch in the middle of a beautiful valley and accepting the risks that mother nature poses, versus living in a retirement home where safety and comfort are guaranteed.

To each his own. Everyone has different needs. As a software engineer, I feel confined, limited and insulted when I work within the Apple framework. My mother on the other hand feels like a champion when she sends me pictures on her iPad. She told me the other day that during Ramadan she prayed for Apple's owners for creating the iPad. I was laughing my ass off, but that tells me Apple has definitely done something right.

Who knows? By the time I turn 60, I probably won't be as agile when it comes to technology and some company like Apple will probably help me feel better about myself by providing a simpler, more limited and fool-proof interface to work with.
couldnt agree more with you, for average users (60-70% of users) apple is PERFECT, easy to use, simple, but for someone like yourself and I, apple is prison !!!

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I have no problem with apple's stuff.
I just had one wish and that would be that they would stop making anything that would run on windows. because whether it is ITunes or It is quick times or It is their safari browser, IT is one crappy software when you run it under Windows.

now here is contradiction. I Wished I could develop for the IPhone Without having a Mac.

Aug 26, 2005
couldnt agree more with you, for average users (60-70% of users) apple is PERFECT, easy to use, simple, but for someone like yourself and I, apple is prison !!!
Not really. Jailbreak it and have that wonderful "valley" you desire.

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA

Not at all... Its more like either being a domesticated animal in a loving home (apple) compared to living in an animal park where you think you are free but really arent (Android).

A jailbroken iOS device provides everything you can get from a rooted Android phone but with a MUCH better UI. And as proven by *most carrier implemented bloatware and skins, apple's jailed iOS is actually less constricting than *most end result unrooted Androids...

Silverton

National Team Player
Nov 6, 2004
I just changed from a BlackBerry to an iPhone, and I am real happy so far. While BB is a more superior communication device (email, messenger, business enterprise level etc.), they fail in a lot of other ways compared to the iPhone, in my opinion. I've jail broken it and have got a lot of useful programs that I use on a day to day basis. But Android is definitely on the rise and I just don't see Google losing to Apple to be honest. Steve Jobs is a blessing and curse for his company.

I have developer friends that prefer Android, others that prefer iPhone. To each their own I guess. But I don't like fan-boys and worshipers of either one (and both iPhone and Android have TONS of hardcore fanboys who can't see the other side of the argument). Both have weak and strong points, they are not perfect.