The political Compass

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
all i can say is i am quite surprised about the results!
I think the main reason is that we only talk about few topics here ( Islam and Iranian politics) and this is how we judge one another. In some of these topics, some of us might be more leaned to right or left in comparison to the issues that was discussed in this quiz.

BiAzar Jan
I was actually curious about your result. I had a feeling that we be on the same ball park when it comes to economy and ... :)

Now, I like to see Keyvan, Ref Aziz, Masoud , Natural and thinkpad.

Natural

IPL Player
May 18, 2003
Your political compass

Economic Left/Right: -6.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.72

Last edited:

payan

Captain
Dec 12, 2002
usa
mashti jan, mashhdi hasti or nyeshapouri ,i just wonder .
well, make the long story short .
when i was living in back home we had pigeons, birds,cats ,khorus ( my favrite bird for his singing mentality ).
first 4,5 years i lived in san jose ( 9 months) and los angeles , in living la times any chances i got going to beach for swiming ( the best thing i like to do, going half mile then floating ) .
one of the best floater in the world .
i used to take breads with me and gave it to those sea birds ( only thing i miss from living in california ).
in middle 1984 i moved to this sin city which i believe the best city in the world till 5,6 years agao, we get bunch of those 2, strikers from califonia .

every place i lived in this town i feed the pigeons and piss everone off .
they are dirty but they need to eat .
in sin-city we have 4,5 months of the years real hot weather ( over 105 f). so we get a lot of insects . in any home you see all kinda SOOSK.
, and as you know people have no mercy on them but not me .
i believe they are nature .i don't let anyone kill them if i am home .i grab them and turn them loose .
then just like pigeons i strtedfeeding them .in back wall soak bread in water and leave there for them to eat .
for 3 weeks their number had increased out side . i was happy, then the numbers got less and less . only the food left . one nite i spotted a lizard .then i realized my good deed was not a good deed for them.

Last edited:

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Your political compass

Economic Left/Right: -5.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.00

or Dalai Lama.
I think I was more centrist last time. khoda aghebatemuno bekheir kone!lol

Coach
Feb 7, 2004
Your political compass

Economic Left/Right: -5.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.00

or Dalai Lama.
I think I was more centrist last time. khoda aghebatemuno bekheir kone!lol
No worries Nilou khanom. You are on the right path. LOOOOL

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
Whether the majority of Iranians on this board are liberals or not is one thing but the fact is that we here are not representatives of Iranians in Iran.
I am sure the score of Iranians in Iran would be far more conservative.

I was discussing this site and quiz on a UK forum some months ago and it was clear that most Brits are far more conservative than Iranians on this board. It's not too surprising given that Thatcher won 3 elections and she is the closest to Hitler in this chart :

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
^^It could also mean that the questions and calculations are complete dogshit since those famous people are put on the chart through guesswork and not by whether or not theyd "give 50 cents to a random homeless guy"

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
It is all in how you state a question. creating favorable stats is an art form these days......
For example - I can ask"

Do you believe religion is a good thing:
Yes - Very Strongly
Yes -
No -
No - Very strongly

Or I can ask:
Do you think people should be trained to believe in something that would keep them from committing crimes?
Yes - Very Strongly
Yes -
No -
No - Very strongly

You would answer the two differently right? - remeber there is no ifs and buts you must chose one of the 4 answers. Get it?