The problem with Iran is that we are JUST NOT THAT GOOD.

Oct 18, 2002
We the fans are very much like parents of a real ugly child who because they love the kid can not admit that their child is ugly. Iran's TM is that ugly child and we must admit to it. We are just not a good team, at least not in comparison with the better teams in Asia (Japan, S Korea and even Australia). The aforementioned teams win with ease their matches against inferior teams like Qatar and others and easily dispose of these clowns. Not only that, they play a brand of football that at least resembles what we see with good team in Europe, South America and even some African teams. Iran has none of these qualities. Today I saw things that made my wonder if there is an IQ anywhere on the pitch. When was the last time you saw a midfielders, with loads of space in front of him, and a team desperate to attack and score, send back passes that were almost challenged and almost stolen for a chance for a goal? When did you see a team that has a 10 to 1 advantage in Corners and set pieces NOT make a single change to the usual cross the ball into the box without any semblance of a clear goal or attack plan? We hardly can put together 3 clean passes and THIS IS BEEN HAPPENING for at least the last 30 years.
When do we want to wake up and understand that our so called glory days of 68-79 is gone and gone for good. Even then we were considered an up and coming nation in a continent that basically sucked as a football power.

I hate to be negative and be like some that seem to only want to the worst for TM. But I rather see Iran lose by 20 goals and play a nice brand of football, than us playing like this and squeezing in to a world stage tournament like WC and be a joke. Our problem is far wider than just the 11 players we have on the pitch. We have a league that is sub par (has been forever) no real youth program and farming process. So basically we are a 3rd team in the world of football. We don't need to worry about WC 2012 we need to instead plan for a program that seeks to have a decent team for WC 2032. But unfortunately like anything else in that country some TM lover like me will posting something similar to this post on a forum like this 20 years from now :(

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
It depends how you look at it ,what have we been feeding this child ? development and schooling comparing to those countries like Korea ,Japan and Australia ,what warm up games and what quality of national league and youth development ?

considering what we have been puting in we take out a lot more ...but we cant abondon our child , its like the gate of a mosque ,we can't throw it away ...

Oct 18, 2002
I agree but then we have to be reasonable with our expectations. I would say instead of looking for WC lets shoot to be a semi finalist in Asian Cup :)

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
It depends how you look at it ,what have we been feeding this child ? development and schooling comparing to those countries like Korea ,Japan and Australia ,what warm up games and what quality of national league and youth development ?

considering what we have been puting in we take out a lot more ...but we cant abondon our child , its like the gate of a mosque ,we can't throw it away ...

Attachments

May 9, 2004
ما یا یک بار انقدر تیم ملی را بزرگ می کنیم که اگر با کره در سئول مساوی کردیم ناله میکنیم که چرا نتونستیم کره را بریم
یا برخی اوقات انقدر تیم را دست کم می گیریم که خلاص تیممان می شود دسته دومی اسیا
نه تیم ایران نسبت به اسییا تیم قدرتمندی است و تنها تیمی که در اسیا الان می تواند جلوی دو غول کره و ژاپن بایستد ایران است
ولی همانطور که گفتم مشکل عقلیت بازیکن ایرانی است
کار به مربی و نمی دانم این و ان هم ندارد
ما در والیبال از ژاپن باخیتیم و نرفتیم المپیک
ژاپنی که برای ما زنگ تفریح است بعد بازیکن میاد تو فرودگاه و غمگین میگه ما ژاپن را دست کم گرفته بودیم
اخر کار هم از این همه دست کم گرفته بودیم و تو دهنی خوردیم هم درس عبرت نمی گیرند