The uiltimate Fighter

Farsheed

Bench Warmer
Jun 6, 2003
akira is his nick name. His real name is Hamid Khorassani. His profile states that he was born in Sweden, but he does not sound like he was born in Sweden

alitheking61

Bench Warmer
Dec 11, 2005
You guys are judgmental Coz you don know Hamid... 1st of all you folks don know what is it like to grow up in Sweden as a "black head"....
I know hamid pretty well, trained with him... he is a super nice guy, super tough and talented fighter... and Actually in the show he is more like a joker than a Douche bag...in one episode he throw some practical jokes on ppl like putting stuff in gloves and shit... which are just jokes and for ShowBiz...
Hamid is the only one made it to the show out of close to 200 applicant in Sweden (picked by Dana White himself) , which is very impressive for a full blood persian... Reza "maddog" Madadi, Sirvan Kakaie, Navid Naieni and him are all from Sweden and top rank fighters in Europe

R.BAGGIO

National Team Player
Oct 19, 2002
Toronto
^^^ I'm actually rooting for him cuz he is Persian, but growing up in Sweden is no excuse to act like a douche specially when you have studied martial arts your whole life, you should know better and be respectful. There are far worse places to live in than Sweden, trust me.

He is probably a nice guy as you say in real life, but he is acting douchy to get publicity which is smart at the end of the day but he is still acting like an idiot.

All that said hope he does well on the show and wins it.

Farsheed

Bench Warmer
Jun 6, 2003
It is true that I don't know him, and I am only basing my opinion on what I see on TV. The way he taunted his opponent after he won his fight, was embarrassing. To his credit, he has apologized since, and promsied never to do that again.

I agree with Baggio that he is acting this way to get publicity. It may be good business, but it's phony and I don't like it

alitheking61

Bench Warmer
Dec 11, 2005
Guys,

you see what u see in TV and you judge based on that which is understandable ... I have seen fighters, rolled and sparred with them... Some I mean, in reality I 've served as student of Royce and Henzo Gracie... trained and lived with guys down Stockholm Sweden... trained couple times with Forest Griffin, Manny Ghambourian and Kamal Shalrous....
fighters are fighters for a reason,they all all F***ing idiots taking that sort punishments on their body and live with it everyday....
I am not saying all MMA fighters are fucked in the head and act like idiots on daily basis, but the chance of seeing decent guys like GSP on/off air is super slim... specially "Immigrants" from Brazil, europe , Canada who dream of UFC and stuff...
and in shows like TUF if they show 30 dudes train 2wice a day and jerk off before bed ...there would be nothing to show on Spike TV!!!! so they direct smart guys like Hamid to act on TV till show gets to certain hits and make the 45 min episode....

anyways go Hamid Akira Corassani....
"you raddleing with me!!! I am coming from streets bro..." HC
[video=youtube;B9J5RyCOyXc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9J5RyCOyXc&feature=related[/video]

Farsheed

Bench Warmer
Jun 6, 2003
I am afraid nothing that you have stated justifies acting the way he has. Yes, perhaps there are fewer gentlemen in MMA (GSP, Junior Santos, etc), but that's exactly why I prefer to support them.

Farsheed

Bench Warmer
Jun 6, 2003
very interesting. On the positve side, he is really good stand up, and his antics make good tv. On the negative side, his ground game needs to improve. He tapped in his first two matches. (The ref did not see it in the first fight)

R.BAGGIO

National Team Player
Oct 19, 2002
Toronto
good for Reza,

I remember watching one of his fights years ago and one of the guys in his corner yelling " Reza madaresho be*a !"

Me and my buddies laughed so hard it was awesome, to this day we still say it sometimes

alitheking61

Bench Warmer
Dec 11, 2005
good for Reza,

I remember watching one of his fights years ago and one of the guys in his corner yelling " Reza madaresho be*a !"

Me and my buddies laughed so hard it was awesome, to this day we still say it sometimes
Yeah , I clearly remember that and we had discussion about that and some good laughs... That was his 1st MMA fight,,, he improved SO much with hard work since then,,,,

R.BAGGIO

National Team Player
Oct 19, 2002
Toronto
I can't wait for MMA to take off in Iran, believe me we'll have more than a few good fighters once that happens. We have world class wrestling, TKD, Karate and we have decent boxing and judo. with proper coaching and training we could have champions in the UFC.

The problem is guys need to be getting paid to train, sponsors which will never happen on any professional level in Iran. Also I think Iranians have cultural problems with fighting and view it as barbaric.

alitheking61

Bench Warmer
Dec 11, 2005
I can't wait for MMA to take off in Iran, believe me we'll have more than a few good fighters once that happens. We have world class wrestling, TKD, Karate and we have decent boxing and judo. with proper coaching and training we could have champions in the UFC.

The problem is guys need to be getting paid to train, sponsors which will never happen on any professional level in Iran. Also I think Iranians have cultural problems with fighting and view it as barbaric.
Yeah it's funny you bought this up!!!
well, Yes we have so many ... I mean so many talented fighters ... not just karate, TKD,dutch Kickboxing, muay Thai....Well known wrestling nature....
as you know 98% of individual sport athlete Never ever can train full time and get paid...
But on the side note: I know this about Tehran... I got out 1996 but been back and forth many times... Tehran has crazy underground fighting scenes... I ve been to one! was very dodgy shit, I mean like the ones u seen in UFC 1-6, old pride and Brazil bare knuckle scenes... even back in the days "martial arts" federation came on with a art called "Razm avaran" to control some of those madness...and believe it or not MMA is happening as tournaments in some cities of Iran,actually 'in the cage' and it has investors and lots of money in to it...
I know lots of the inside Iran's MMA fighters chosen by those agents to fight in Dubai or even Europe!!!
"Hassan Muradi" was one of them! we certainly have tendency become the Brazil of Asia to produce some talented fighters...