The worst thing about today's game...

saeed agha

IPL Player
Oct 20, 2002
UAE
It was not the fact that TM is almost out and needs a miracle to advance.. The sad things are:

1- This is the best we have. We saw it in 5 previous games.. and we saw it on club level. Currenlty this is the level of Iranian football.

2- The fact that in a football crazy nation like Iran, the best strikers it can present is a useless Hashemian and a cholombeh Khalili !

3- The fact that whether the coach is a gentelman like Ghotbi, an arrogant Daie, or even son of a VIC Branko, no one seems to be man enough to take risks and use some young talents and bench the big names when they are not performing.

4- That only in Iran, you score a few goals and you are guaranteed a spot in the NT for 8 years to come!

I am personally not excited about TM anymore.. even if they qualify to the WC, we should not expect any better performance than 2006. It is not about the coach, it is the whole system of Iranian football which was already bad, and during Ahmadi Nejad it became worse.

See you all in 2014. Maybe by then we will discover some new talents that will revolutionize iranian football like 1996 :)

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
It was not the fact that TM is almost out and needs a miracle to advance.. The sad things are:

1- This is the best we have. We saw it in 5 previous games.. and we saw it on club level. Currenlty this is the level of Iranian football.

2- The fact that in football crazy nation like Iran, the best strikes it can present is a useless Hashemian and a cholombeh Khalili !

3- The fact that whether the coach is a gentelman like Ghotbi, an arrogant Daie, or even son of a VIC Branko, no one seems to be man enough to take risks and use some young talents and bench the big names when they are not performing.

4- That only in Iran, you score a few goals and you are guaranteed a spot in the NT for 8 years to come!

I am personally not excited about TM anymore.. even if they qualify to the WC, we should not expect any better performance than 2006. It is not about the coach, it is the whole system of Iranian football which was already bad, and during Ahmadi Nejad it became worse.

See you all in 2014. Maybe by then we will discover some new talents that will revolutionize iranian football like 1996 :)
i agree with u some how , but daei aslo didnt invite name players and we still didnt get result ..

u said it well , we should face the reality .. this TM is in level of talent one of the worse of our soccer maybe !

and as much as i critisize branko , but we go no where with iranian coach !

saeed agha

IPL Player
Oct 20, 2002
UAE
I am very disappointed in Ghotbi (whom i still respect) because he kept slow and useless players like Kia and Hashemian on the field, and never used Haidari and only brought in Khalatbari in the last 4 mins. I really thought he wanted to surprize the Koreans in the 2nd half but he only surprized us!

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
I think Ghotbi himself was pretty shocked by the uninspiring and crappy bunch of players that he was given to work with.

He kind'a gave up on this team before kick-off. It was pretty obvious from the China friendly that Ghotbi has no real hope. Rightfully so too. This team with or without Khalabari and Heidari is pretty crappy. No element of surprise, no real talent and no inspiration whatsoever.

Just remember one thing and feel sad: our most promising player in the past couple of years has been Shojaei who in my opinion is one of the crappiest players in TM's history.

Here are my problems:
1- We play ONE striker and for a nation in need of scoring goals, it's not good! It was proof that Hashemian needed help!
2- May I say, Kaebi was my man of the match. Superb player but I think we relied on him too much. We play too predictable when we play on the right hand side. I don't think I remember any time that we attacked on the left.
3- What in grims name is Shojaei doing playing on the left. As I said before we have too many right sided players in the team which allowed North Korea to counter attack.

Positives:
1- Mahamti - What a SUPERB goalkeeper. A privelidge to have him as a player. Iran's saviour... Europe... please look at him and admire his world class saves.
2- Andranik deserves a worthy mention. Excellent passes thoughout!! Hit the post too!
3- Karimi, great comeback from retirement and could have scored but a little chicken in the 18 yard box.