Things people don't realize

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
- Bahrain was technically and tactically superior to us. Which player exatly do you mean when we you say OUR STARS?!!! which star?!!

- Ali Karimi is not the answer to even 1/100 of our problems.

- We've made huge BOTs out of our players when they really are NOTHING SPECIAL.

- North Korea will give us a very hard time both in Tehran and Pyong Yang.

- Whoever is hoping for 3 straight home wins is completely out of their mind. If not impossible, it'll be ONE HELL OF A JOB.

- Whoever thinks we will beat Japan in our next game with the current squad and style is wrong. Our team has nothing to offer.

- Preparation comes to use in games like this. Our so called "STARS" have only been with the team for 3 practice sessions. Way to go IFF.

- While we're at it, why don't we take Mirzapour out of the goal and play him as a left wing so Hashemian can be the goalie? Why not put Borhani in defence? Who cares? Does it make a difference?

- This is the SLOWEST iranian team I've seen in my life. Who was the one that said "MAHDAVIKIA" is a rocket?!! yeah! He was more like "Fuck it!".

- Daei should realize that it's OK for a striker to sometimes have a look at the opponent's goal and aim at it. Not every single ball has to be passed back.

- Ka'abi has become too confident of his presence in the starting line-up, he doesn't realized how bad he plays.

- WE DO A LOT OF TALKING, BUT WHEN IT COMES TO ACTION WE ALWAYS FAIL... ALWAYS. Even when we beat Korea in Asian Cup we failed to use our superiority and gave them 3 goals. Karimi was on a role on that day otherwise God knows what would've happened...

- We're not what we think we are.

Oct 18, 2002
704 Houser
the good news is we don't normally do good in a tournament unless we start it like crap. Back in 97 we were doing so good until the China game in Tehran and then things started to slip away, In 2002 we beat KSA soundly at home and then we gradually started to fuck up and by the time we were in Manama we had nothing to offer. On the other hand in 96 and 04 we kinda started slow and then blasted all the way through semis. But in 2000 we started great and then got owned by Korea.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
LOL @ Farsi Zabaan. That was good bro! First laugh of the day.
Bache Tehroon, you're absolutely right. Japan is no push over even in Azadi. They are so confident, they played without any of their foreign based players today! And N. Korea is no superpower, but if we keep playing (using the term loosely) like this, we'll have problems with them even in Tehran. Oh yeah, and who said Bahrain's going to just hand out 3 points to us in Tehran, especially with their best striker returning?
First of all, to shoot only for 10 points to qualify, is super stupid. Secondly, where the hell are these points coming from? 'Cause the last time I took math 6 x 1 point was 6 points not 10! And the way we played today, we're not going to beat anyone.

zoozanagheh

Bench Warmer
Feb 6, 2005
Good points BT.
However I think we would be better against Japan. They have a different style of playing than Bahrain that might suit us better (of course our defense would have more work to do); we will have home advantage, and hopefully IFF would have better planning by than and have at least one meaningful preparation game.
At the end, regardless of the result, we will still have our usuall concerns that have not been answered over past few years:
- defensive problems in absense of Rahman and healthy/in-form Yahya, and Lack of a good left back (If Branko does not want to utilize other players - such as Bakhtiyarzade, Taghipour, Khoramgah, Pashazadeh, etc. - for left back or center back in place of Rezaei so he can play left back, nikbakht, and even Zandi might be able to play that role -- they can at least be tried in a friendly game)

- Team work and set plays and preparation: our victories usually come when one or two of our starts shine execeptionally. We need to have a better team work rather than basing our efforts only on individual skills. Most of our player "las" with the ball for too long rather than passing. we need more practice and friendly games as well.

- Playing players in their proper position and have good substitutions. Brank has shown how conservative he is when it comes to subs, specially when it comes to Daei he is totaly gutless!

- change of tactis: Branko's tactics and arrangement has become predictable and easier to counter.

Perhaps our expectation was (and is) too high but nevertheless I thought our players ran and fought back well despite all the lackings in team work and individual performance.

eshghi

News Team
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, CA
Guys, stop getting so emotional! ... take a few hours off and go
back to watch the game again. Look at how Ka'bi hardly ever leaves his
post to participate in attacks! Look at how much farther back than usual
Kia plays. Look at how our defense hardly ever moves up the field! Look at
how we take our time passing the ball around without much appetite to
move up field! Look at how our holding midfielders insist on playing more
defensively than to move up. Does any of this look familiar to you? Is this
what you're used to seeing from our team? If it isn't (and we all know it
isn't), ask yourselves why! It wasn't like Bahrain was dominantly forcing
us to play like this. This was very much by design. You may not like
it, but it doesn't mean our team is horrible, or we have no stars, or
our players are shiit. They did what they had been instructed to do. If
you listened to Nekoonam's interview after the game, he said it: "We did
what we were asked to do". We always complain about our players playing
emotionally, and when finally, for once, they do as they're instructed, we
get down on them. Instead of concentrating on what you wish we'd done,
see if our team achieved what the coaches wanted them to. I think they
did. I can't fault them for it.

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
eshghi said:
Guys, stop getting so emotional! ... take a few hours off and go
back to watch the game again. Look at how Ka'bi hardly ever leaves his
post to participate in attacks! Look at how much farther back than usual
Kia plays. Look at how our defense hardly ever moves up the field! Look at
how we take our time passing the ball around without much appetite to
move up field! Look at how our holding midfielders insist on playing more
defensively than to move up. Does any of this look familiar to you? Is this
what you're used to seeing from our team? If it isn't (and we all know it
isn't), ask yourselves why! It wasn't like Bahrain was dominantly forcing
us to play like this. This was very much by design. You may not like
it, but it doesn't mean our team is horrible, or we have no stars, or
our players are shiit. They did what they had been instructed to do. If
you listened to Nekoonam's interview after the game, he said it: "We did
what we were asked to do". We always complain about our players playing
emotionally, and when finally, for once, they do as they're instructed, we
get down on them. Instead of concentrating on what you wish we'd done,
see if our team achieved what the coaches wanted them to. I think they
did. I can't fault them for it.
If this is true, and it looks like it is... then we are in more trouble then I thought, id rather play bad than be designed to lose...

Bijans

Legionnaire
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, CA
I totally agree with eshghi,,,

yes it was a boring game but we got what we needed. (1 point). remember 4 years ago we lost to this time and today we manage to get 1 point. I thought we did OK considering all facts.

Bijan

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Bijanjan, which facts?!! The fact that we have 4 Asian Player of the Year title holders in our team? Or the fact that half of our team plays(or has played) in professional european leagues? The fact that we already knew how tightly Karimi would be marked and we still based our attacks on his individual skills, or the fact that we knew Hashemian would fail as a left attacking midfield, yet we still put him there?

The fact that we didn't send a single decent ball to the opponent's field in the whole game? or the fact that our players stood still for 80% of the time watching the ball?

The fact that Bahrain played a clean and attacking game(giving us more room to move) or the fact that after having the same faces in our team for almost 3 years we still fail to see 3 decent passes put together.

You're right. Considering the fact that we're not what we think we are, then yes WE DID FANTASTIC.

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
Soroush is right some how ... having 6 out of 11starters(kaabi, kia, vahid,zandi, karimi, rahman) in last 3 days of the match and with only 2 major practice or better to say one ( as the day before the match is always light traning) cause lots of problems to the team and as a result there was no harmony , team woking and good passes between the players ..

As soroush said : 3 wins in tehran is not garanty we will have probem against bahrain in tehran .... and north korea in korea ... but comming and say this team sucks it is not true ...! The fact is our players were lost today ..

except javad who has to some how cover both nosrati and zandi .. and yahya who had a great game .. the rest of our team didnt play 1/10 or their capacity ...

Every Agl-e-salim could see that MR ALWAYS 90 minuts didnt deserve to play a half (45 minuts ) as a result VAHID HASHEMIAN should play out of position and some time even he was back to the centre of the field ! to help the Mid ...! Yes daei always and always and always and always 90 minuts play -time bring some frustration to the team .... players like borhani, kazemian, mobali and . and will lose their motivation because they know no matter how they perform and no matter how he(daei) perform there is always one who will satnd and play 90 minuts ..

Lets put all the excuse and BS like we played with nike balls ( daei comment_ on the side ( Mr DAEI .. WHY YOU.. you played in europe .. tell me when bayern go to hamburg they play with nike ball or when hamburg come to bayern field they play with addias .. was this something new for you ..! khobeh ke most of all players play outside !!)

We cant say bahrain team was losing the time or .. or simpley they palyed much better than us and we were luck to come with only one point

2 person to be blame is:

Branko ivakovic the head coach

and Mr always 90 Minuts .Ali daei(Who lost most of the respect of the fans .. today in the restuarant where i was watching the game pple called him the name even ! takes time to become hero but you can lose it in one day ..!dont tell me daei 36 was better than klisman 32, racard 33, gulit 33, vanbasten 32 , dechamps 34... He could become a good coach if he was retired from NT back to 2 yrs a go ! now even he has no more respect between the fans, players and . and ..)

soroushk

Bench Warmer
Oct 5, 2004
New York
I think this is all an over-reaction. If you think TM is much better than what we saw today, then you are wrong. Unfortunately this is our beloved team, sometimes they play good, sometimes bad.

I am absolutely sure that they were deliberately playing defensively. Nobody broke lose. There was no support for front players. Everytime Bahrain attacked there were lots of players behind the ball.

Overall I am happy with the result and not too unhppy about the performance. The important thing was not to lose today. Branko realised this, and TM played to his tactics.

Mehran(ISP)

<b>Administrator</b>
Oct 16, 2002
MD, USA
I also agree with you guys. Considering the facts and lack of preparation (for some odd reason) am happy with the results. Lets not forget, Zandi came ONE DAY before the match to meet everyone for the first time and START. You cant possibly expect any better from him than his performance. Same thing goes for Mahdavikia, Hashemian. This draw was planned. Dont forget Bahrain got forth at the Asian cups. They should of beated Japan; Lets not forget that. Also this Daei thing is just too frustrating to watch for me. You do not believe how many time I screemed at the TV set because of him. His last attempted pass across the field was just plain funny. Did anyone see that? I couldn't help but to laugh at that pass. WTH is he in the line up for? we should get a petition going asking him to step aside.

averageniceguy

National Team Player
Apr 14, 2003
north pole (almost)
Branko obviously instructed them that the first aim is not to lose, to play it carefully. note that whenever bahrain had the ball, the iranians didnt attack him, but instead first of all they concentrated on running back, and i mean everyone. especially when the bahrainis were in our penalty box they just blocked their shots instead of tackling them because they knew about the referees IQ's.

R.BAGGIO

National Team Player
Oct 19, 2002
Toronto
bt jon

you have a lot of good points, but take it easy buddy, every team has bad days, of course the current iran team is not all its cracked up to be, but still we have better individual players than most teams in Asia (Japan & Korea being the exceptions), if they are K*** goshad and cant follow a freaking system, thats a different story...

todays game showed me one thing, none of our players understand how football is supposed to be played...

araky

Ball Boy
Feb 1, 2005
Bt good points.
I have to say, the only way we would be able to offer a good decent game is having a "team" play on the field, not 11 players (star or none star)! If and only if we were able to play as a team with a tactical play, then we might be able to use some of the technical abilities that players have. It seems to me that we are far away from being a team. Bahrain was playing as a team today. We had bunch of star players that were trying to play soccer the way they know it. Sorry, this is not going to work.

houman

Bench Warmer
Oct 14, 2004
Dallas, TX
obviously TM was going for a draw, and that's what they got...now the reason might have been to prevent Bahraini players from getting dirty and to keep our players from getting emotional...afterall this game was played in Bahrain's turf...remember the same game four years ago!! hey I take 0-0 over 3-1 anyday...