This one is for InDaMoney! Here's what your "pundits" think!

Oct 18, 2002
Sydney, Australia
https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blog...etter-england-spain-klose-goal-234739304.html

Iran are better than both England and Spain
Sure, Iran are fairly limited in the final third, but then so were England and Spain. Crucially, however, Carlos Queiroz's side are far more sound and intelligent defensively, which counts for a great deal in the ruthless setting of a World Cup. While Spain shipped in seven goals from their opening two games and England conceded four, Iran have only seen their goal breached on one occasion and that being a Lionel Messi screamer that no goalkeeper could have prevented. Organised, hard-working and committed, Iran's defence and protective midfield is everything that England and Spain did not have.

Silverton

National Team Player
Nov 6, 2004
You donkey, why don't you know anything? This *insert random no name English pundit* said we sucked and are uncreative!

;-)

Mar 13, 2007
lolllllll….ok then, i guess Iran is better than world and euro champs spain and england. Think about what iran would be if they scored just one goal! for sure worlds best team then

serio?

Oct 18, 2002
Sydney, Australia
lolllllll….ok then, i guess Iran is better than world and euro champs spain and england. Think about what iran would be if they scored just one goal! for sure worlds best team then

serio?
I don't think anybody, including the "pundit" that wrote the article, suggests that Iran will beat England or Spain if they were to play them. I think the article is just plainly pointing out how magnificent Iran's defence has been. And compared to the soft goals that England and Spain have conceded, we can truly be proud of our excellent defence (even though it may not be pretty to watch).

I don't even give a fuck about the fact that Iran has one point and Spain and England have none (I'm sure you don't either). Bottom line, not withstanding the fact they haven't scored a goal, after 2 games, Iran has played better than both those nations. As antagonistic as only you can be, at the very least you have to admit that they've carried out the coach's gameplan better than those 2 nations! Let me also remind you that the only goal Spain has scored so far has come from the penalty spot from a challenge that at best was 50/50. Compare that to the 100% penalty shout that was turned down against Argentina.

No, Iran is not the best team in the world. They've just had a better tournament than a few of the big wigs. According to the "pundits" at least!

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
I think English and Spanish players get way too much money to have any real zeal for playing football internationally.

Their salaries need to be capped.
Actually, I'm in favor of the big four EPL, Bundesliga, La Liga and Sirea A putting a salary cap and putting a luxury tax like they have in the NBA. If the team goes over X ammount for the year they need to pay X% more in luxury tax. That will also even out the playing field a bit and give the smaller guys a chance to compete with the big boys because right now you have a situation where the same teams just dominate. The reason is those teams swallow up the players from other teams. In the EPL it's always going to be Chelsea, Man City, Man U Arsenal, Liverpool in Bundesliga it will always be Bayern, in La Liga Real and Barcelona and in Sirea A it's usually their big 3 Juve, Inter and ACM.

You are also right about English and Spain's players not wanting to get injured. Why go all out, get injured and there goes your 15,000,000 a year contract? It doesn't make sense from a financial perspective and you see those players not play as hard for their country as they do for their club. I've been advocating this for years now.

Mar 13, 2007
I don't think anybody, including the "pundit" that wrote the article, suggests that Iran will beat England or Spain if they were to play them. I think the article is just plainly pointing out how magnificent Iran's defence has been. And compared to the soft goals that England and Spain have conceded, we can truly be proud of our excellent defence (even though it may not be pretty to watch).

I don't even give a fuck about the fact that Iran has one point and Spain and England have none (I'm sure you don't either). Bottom line, not withstanding the fact they haven't scored a goal, after 2 games, Iran has played better than both those nations. As antagonistic as only you can be, at the very least you have to admit that they've carried out the coach's gameplan better than those 2 nations! Let me also remind you that the only goal Spain has scored so far has come from the penalty spot from a challenge that at best was 50/50. Compare that to the 100% penalty shout that was turned down against Argentina.

No, Iran is not the best team in the world. They've just had a better tournament than a few of the big wigs. According to the "pundits" at least!
You dont get it. Iran has let in less goals and has been better defensively because thats all their 11 men have done so far, DEFEND! and that is primarily because they couldnt play any other style. Listen to what john helms the commentator said, he said even if argentina scores its not like Iran can change their style or do anything about it! he is right and if you dont understand the difference between this and chelsea defending then you know nothing

Do you dont think spain and england are not capable to play only defence if they chose to do so!? lol...give me a break

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Spain can but not England. They play like SHIT but think they are the best
Yes and Yes good call to both. England = most overrated team in the world cup tournament and world cup history. They think because they invented the game and won one time in 1966, on a controversial goal called btw, they are the Gods of football. Oh and I also love how English fans always say, 'Wait to more years," I've been hearing that one now for two decades wait two years. Spain though yes they can play defense if they decide to park the bus. Spain has the same problem as England though their players get paid way too much and some of them play better for club than country.

Mar 13, 2007
Yes and Yes good call to both. England = most overrated team in the world cup tournament and world cup history. They think because they invented the game and won one time in 1966, on a controversial goal called btw, they are the Gods of football. Oh and I also love how English fans always say, 'Wait to more years," I've been hearing that one now for two decades wait two years. Spain though yes they can play defense if they decide to park the bus. Spain has the same problem as England though their players get paid way too much and some of them play better for club than country.
no and no that is! you people are getting it all wrong again.
England are traditionally one of the hardest teams - if not the hardest team to score against. their 4-1 loss to germany last time was one of their biggest defeats in history in tournaments, germany, italy fance and spain have much worse records than this.

EPl top flight and champions league is the highest quality of soccer you can find, for years EPL teams dominated and continue to do so and guess who were the key and the backbone for these EPL teams!? english/british stars and players!!!!! man u teams dominated because of english players, Chelsea did so also because of terry, lampart, cole, cech, drogba, liverpool had gerrards and garaghers and etc.

in opposite to the stroies people makeup for themselves, England has just as much quality as anybody and has more pace than any other team out there.

the question was never quality, the question was a soccer culture which didnt allow for England to put a tournamet team together. Winning WC and EC is only about being able to put and manage a tournament team together at the right time.
Germans and italians are masters in that, England and holland are not, and france and spain have just started to figure this out over the past 10-15 years. dont forget, just because you win the world cup doesnt mean you are the best soccer country - it only means your team won a tournament and thats all!

the best soccer country in the world is the one that has the most players playing in top flight of champions league, and right now it looks like many countries can claim that. the likes of townsend, walcott, chamberlain, wilshire, gerrard, cahil, sterling, sturridge, welbeck, barkley,.... can play for any teams out there.