Thoughts on Beiranvand

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
He was quite solid in WC but i don't know get some of these rating. I read somewhere he was rated higher than LIoris who made some unreal saves in quarter and semi.
Again i don't want take anything away from him but remember Haghighi was also solid 4 years ago in WC and now has hard time to find a club even in Iran or Rahman Ahmadi. Alot of it has to do with our system, it really helps keeper whether you called Beiro, Haghighi, Rahmati or whoever.
Let see if he can be consistent which always was his issue...
Goalkeeping is a peculiar post, the distance between hero to zero is very short.
Consider Ronaldo's penalty save and Lloris gaff in the final.
Lloris is a top class keeper, Beiranvand showed that he could become one, he has the right attitude.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
that penalty wasn't well placed at all.. and we all knew which side CR would go for; afterall in Iran they all watch La Liga.. but kudos to beiranvand, he received a lot of flack and finally a 'kiiiirrrriiiis' to toy with. He literally saved a penalty from greatest footballer around in the WC or player ever played in our time.

Abedzadeh would be proud of him too. Karius still drooling too.. lol

Now on a personal note, imagine if Ramos had elbowed our goalie and he dove the opposite way! :ROFLMAO:

But overall he was solid and reliable. The Spain goal was out of his control. Saving CR's penalty was very good as well

Last edited:

siavash_8

Elite Member
Mar 26, 2006
there is a reason they say politics and sports dont mix ,
how can you not see your people suffering everyday and then praising the one who is responsible , kheyli past bayad bashi
kiram to kose khar har chi akhonde ba tarafdarashoon

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
With all the love I have for him what a bitch ass move. Sucking up to that bloody thirsty mother fucker. He just lost lots of respect by saying something that idiotic.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
whether or not Beyranvand wants to cozy up to Khamenie is his business. if he is still playing an ok game. and not fucking anyone over. that's fine with me.

the same goes for if Masoud Shojaie wants to be a social activist. good for him. but still doesn't mean I will start liking his game.

There has to be a fine line between people' performance in sports vs their beliefs as an individual.

as long he is not one of guys picking up a baton and beating people for a living. I am ok with him expressing his opinion.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Whie i agree with u. Ama sine zani Rahmati be tamame ommate hamishe dar sahne rabt dasht. Just sayin😉
I don't know about his chest clapping and that is his business outside football ,but I do remember picking on him while he was having a prayer before penatlies and stuff like that ,that most of the time didn't work .:rolleyes:

I was thinking you want to save the damn ball ,then do it yourself and don't take too long asking for a help from God and Emams ! even if they could help you it would be unfair to ask them to take sides among athletes !:sneaky:

whether or not Beyranvand wants to cozy up to Khamenie is his business. if he is still playing an ok game. and not fucking anyone over. that's fine with me.

the same goes for if Masoud Shojaie wants to be a social activist. good for him. but still doesn't mean I will start liking his game.

There has to be a fine line between people' performance in sports vs their beliefs as an individual.

as long he is not one of guys picking up a baton and beating people for a living. I am ok with him expressing his opinion.
When as per your say you "Cosy up" with someone, it means you are approving him in any way, shape or form. I emphasize " APPROVE".
So Beiranvand is representing 80 Million Iranian and he is approving there is no wrong-doing with the spiritual leader.
Put these next to each other and see if you can make sense out of it. Honestly, I go with the one who "picks up the baton "

tajrish

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, California
Seriously, what do you expect from him? Did he have a proper education, upbringing, parenting, or any social and cultural exposure to anything outside the two blocks he was frequenting? Cut him a slack. He is who he is. I don't think any kids in Iran would think of him as a role model or a source of intellectual/spiritual guidance.

Nov 24, 2002
I don't know about his chest clapping and that is his business outside football ,but I do remember picking on him while he was having a prayer before penatlies and stuff like that ,that most of the time didn't work .:rolleyes:

I was thinking you want to save the damn ball ,then do it yourself and don't take too long asking for a help from God and Emams ! even if they could help you it would be unfair to ask them to take sides among athletes !:sneaky:
Ostaad bikhial.
He is at 35 Esteghlal no1 keeper. His back up almost made the WC. Talking about his back up. There is no doubt in my mind he was our no1 keeper in WC or at least closely was fighting for no1 if it wasn't bcs of his issue with the coach. Holding the record of the most clean sheet both in IPL and TM. 2nd most capped keeper behind Abedzadeh with 77 compare to 79. Knowing he didn't play for TM in last 5 years. Very solid during Esteghlal run to ACL QF. One cant deny all these stats. Hala shoma hey bego. Damagho baghieh bayad hala hala ha bogh bezanan!!

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2002
Seriously, what do you expect from him? Did he have a proper education, upbringing, parenting, or any social and cultural exposure to anything outside the two blocks he was frequenting? Cut him a slack. He is who he is. I don't think any kids in Iran would think of him as a role model or a source of intellectual/spiritual guidance.
Sad part is some of our own members here idolize the guy. Lol

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Ostaad bikhial.
He is at 35 Esteghlal no1 keeper. His back up almost made the WC. Talking about his back up. There is no doubt in my mind he was our no1 keeper in WC or at least closely was fighting for no1 if it wasn't bcs of his issue with the coach. Holding the record of the most clean sheet both in IPL and TM. 2nd most capped keeper behind Abedzadeh with 77 compare to 79. Knowing he didn't play for TM in last 5 years. Very solid during Esteghlal run to ACL QF. One cant deny all these stats. Hala shoma hey bego. Damagho baghieh bayad hala hala ha bogh bezanan!!
I respect your opinion ,just one objection ...ostad khodeti !:cool:

Azhidahak

Bench Warmer
May 30, 2005
Im really not trying to go against the "flow" here and stir up some discussion just for the sake of it, and I know I will make some people think hate me for this as Beiranvand seems to be so popular right now, but here is my honest opinion about Beiranvand:

1. He is currently EXTREMELY overhyped. He had a good WC, sure, but nothing close to how big people are making him.
2. He saved a penalty from Christiano Ronaldo, thats good, but it doesnt make him a GOD. Saving a penalty is not as much about skill as some people think, its also a lot of luck involved. With a bit of luck any keeper can save a penalty from any player. People in Iran keep refering to that penalty save as the highlight of our entire tournament! Thats crazy for me.
3. I was very proud of all the players in WC with the exception of Ramin and Beiranvand because of their anthics. Players argue in the pitch but to go as far as actually PUSHING down your own team mate in a WC match with all the world watching? That is a new low that people has completely ignored because at the end, he played well.
4. Its all comical for me how after the WC Beiranvand started to blow up his ego so much saying how he got all these big offers even from Torino! All the time reading those news I said to myself "yeah right, your just blowing up your ego, I believe it when I see it"