Thoughts on Beiranvand

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
I have to say I have been a fierce critic of his over the last 6-8 months and was very worried about him taking Iran's goal. I want to say thank you Beiranvand for a fantastic performance yesterday. He executed his game play perfectly. I was very buzzed when watching the game and too nervous and will watch it in detail again but I do remember perfectly that on the 2-3 occasions he came out to punch he was very high and in total control. He used his height and confidence and really did us proud. He made a fantastic save around the 85th minute and streched and punched the ball out perfectly. All his kicks were very long and deep in opposing team terrority. He was patient and did not do any long throws dues to coaches instructions I take it. He was right on the money and made all of us proud. If he continues to come out like that and punch balls I will say we have found our long lost keeper. Great job Beirandvand. Keep it up.

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
This was Iran's 13th WC game and only the 2nd clean sheet in 13 games the first being Nigeria-Iran in 2014. This game had more attacks on Iran goal and Beirandvand had a tougher job than Haghighi did against Nigeria.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
This WC could be where we shine, I welcome Spain and Purtegal challenge and players know their chance to get worldly exposure. Motivation is high. This could be his ticket for his next big club (assuming sarbazi is out of way)

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
I am not going to say I told you so ! but I always believed in his ability .

One only have to look at David De Gea and the horrible mistake he made against Portugal to find that even the very best keepers make mistakes and it is inevitable ,in the case of goalies it is very harsh and costly and you can become a zero from hero in seconds .

Beiranvand like all other keepers made some errors in his exits but what I like about him is his attitude and confidence and sharpness off his line .
It is definitely something that the coaching staff have worked with him and other keepers on their aerial game ,Carlos was a goalie himself and knows a thing or two about goalkeeping .
Beiranvand is good and so is Mazaheri and I am sure Abed junior has shown promising form to leave Hossieni out .

Hossieni was disappointing with his attitude after conceding a goal to get emotional and make a post anouncing resignation .
That certainly didn't go down well with team melli staff .

Carlos wants warriors and strong minded spirited players ,he don't like quitters . Beiranvand has that spirit.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2002
Just a really confident display is all I can say. Worthwhile continuing to invest in this guy as Iran's no. 1 for the next 10 years. He still has areas of game he can hone but he has some great attributes He didnt even use his special weapon and I'm predicting that will be against the Iberians

Feb 4, 2005
He had two nice saves but he’s always been a good shot stopper like other keepers we have. His exits on crosses were bad but in Morocco game he had a few good ones which shows he has improved. Our team defence including keeper will be fully tested in next two games

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
I have to say I have been a fierce critic of his over the last 6-8 months and was very worried about him taking Iran's goal. I want to say thank you Beiranvand for a fantastic performance yesterday. He executed his game play perfectly. I was very buzzed when watching the game and too nervous and will watch it in detail again but I do remember perfectly that on the 2-3 occasions he came out to punch he was very high and in total control. He used his height and confidence and really did us proud. He made a fantastic save around the 85th minute and streched and punched the ball out perfectly. All his kicks were very long and deep in opposing team terrority. He was patient and did not do any long throws dues to coaches instructions I take it. He was right on the money and made all of us proud. If he continues to come out like that and punch balls I will say we have found our long lost keeper. Great job Beirandvand. Keep it up.
And some fellas here bullied him, called him names like the big nose, very sad....
He was all spot on last Friday, hope he continuous with the same authority and cold!

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Hi old friends I hope everyone is doing well. Arash T my friend, some people here are keyboard warriors. I doubt they will have the testicular fortitude to call Birnavand big nose, to his face. When you are on the computer people can act tough because you are anonymous. Ostad Pooya jan, you can be critical of a player and Birnavand made mistakes, usually on crosses and headers.

I told my dad after the game that Birnavand made some Abedzadeh like boy twisting saves and saved us 2 points. You are right last time we had a clean sheet was vs Nigeria, I believe Hagili was at GK. If you like another player like Hagili I understand that but Birnavand is on the team and deserves some respect. Our own fans can be jerks and fake tough guys at time. They should kiss Birnavand's hand for saving Iran's bacon.

As for #20 for Morocco, well at least he can tell his grandchildren, he score the game winning goal in the big game.

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
Now that the Spain game has concluded I say again vaghean damesh garm. He did so great and made so many good saves. The double save was a joy to watch. He was perfect on the exits and grabbed all balls in a clean manner. Its really too bad he took that weak goal which was more like a fluke and lucky of a goal but overall a great performance by him.

Nov 24, 2002
He was sharp again, hats off, i have criticized the guy many times and rightfully, but it is time to give credit when is due, he lost his focus and was shaky last season both in club and TM, but so far and knock the wood i saw the same Beiranvand who shined in his first couple seasons with Naft.
The main issue of Iranian keepers is consistency.

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
His performances in his first WorldCup proves that he can even improve more. He has been playing his position with authority and that's what you want from your keeper more than anything else. It also leads to defenders playing with less stress because they can now rely on their keeper in case they get beat.

Shahram

Elite Member
Oct 21, 2002
I am not going to say I told you so ! but I always believed in his ability .

One only have to look at David De Gea and the horrible mistake he made against Portugal to find that even the very best keepers make mistakes and it is inevitable ,in the case of goalies it is very harsh and costly and you can become a zero from hero in seconds .

Beiranvand like all other keepers made some errors in his exits but what I like about him is his attitude and confidence and sharpness off his line .
It is definitely something that the coaching staff have worked with him and other keepers on their aerial game ,Carlos was a goalie himself and knows a thing or two about goalkeeping .
Beiranvand is good and so is Mazaheri and I am sure Abed junior has shown promising form to leave Hossieni out .

Hossieni was disappointing with his attitude after conceding a goal to get emotional and make a post anouncing resignation .
That certainly didn't go down well with team melli staff .

Carlos wants worriers and strong minded spirited players ,he don't like quitters . Beiranvand has that spirit.
His aerial game has improved thanks to TM's coaching staff. They have clearly worked on it. It looks like their solution was for him to punch the ball instead of attempting to catch it. There is only so much you can do in four weeks of preparation for the WC.

Last edited:

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
He was brilliant again ,didn't put a foot wrong and came up with a great double save ,his exits were spot on ,maybe just need to punch a bit further ,but his attitude is fantastic . Costa couldn't intimidate him .